spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-12-14 12:59:33: Here's some artist renderings of what cell signals might look like if you could see them. Share something interesting yourself in the comment section below. ..

Toguro

join:2003-10-23
Chicago, IL

Have a nice weekend

That's the best I got.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

Alphas?

Wasn't there a dude in the TV show who could see cell signals? Or maybe it was all signals, I don't remember. I do remember he was kind of annoying, which is why I didn't watch it much.

backfeed
is giving feedback

join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN
Reviews:
·Comcast

Re: Alphas?

said by RockCake:

Wasn't there a dude in the TV show who could see cell signals? Or maybe it was all signals, I don't remember. I do remember he was kind of annoying, which is why I didn't watch it much.

From Wiki..
Ryan Cartwright as Gary Bell – A young man with autism who is socially functional to a degree. A prodigious savant, his diagnosis is transduction meaning he has the ability to see all electromagnetic radiation/electromagnetic wavelengths and process information as fast as any computer. In season two, he is able to find the wavelengths of forks, trees, and other non-electric items when faced with no technology.
--
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read Binary and those who cannot.

jazzlady

join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

Hey there backfeed, how ya' doing?

backfeed
is giving feedback

Peru, IN

we are OK.. snow just started here we are in for a few inches

jazzlady

Tannersville, PA

said by backfeed:

we are OK.. snow just started here we are in for a few inches

Yup- same here. Last I heard they're calling for 5-9". Just enough to have to shovel and plow.

It's a good day to stay home and cuddle with hubby...
--
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
Sinclair Lewis

backfeed
is giving feedback

Peru, IN
we have several inches of snow this morning, ..very pretty and thankful that we have a slow day today and can just look out and enjoy it!
--
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read Binary and those who cannot.

jazzlady

Tannersville, PA
I love that show. And Gary is my favorite character.
I hope SyFy brings it back for another season.
--
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
Sinclair Lewis
tlbepson
Premium
join:2002-02-09
Washington, DC

>>jazzlady: I hope SyFy brings it back for another season.

Me too!!!

Well...just took a quick look at imdb for the show and it's done. Yet another show screwed by SyFy which has gone way downhill in recent years.

jazzlady

Tannersville, PA

said by tlbepson:

Well...just took a quick look at imdb for the show and it's done. Yet another show screwed by SyFy which has gone way downhill in recent years.

Damn. You're right. :-(

I use tvrage.com for checking shows, and it's listed as canceled there. Too bad FOX didn't pick that one up... at least Haven is still on. It's about the only thing I watch on SyFy anymore.

I agree with you about SyFy. This station used to be a lot better. Firstly, the name change annoyed me- seemed like they dumbed down the name to me.

But the quality of the programming has gotten a lot worse. And what's with the off the wall programming? Wrestling? Seriously? WTF does wrestling have to do with science fiction? I know it's fantasy but it certainly ain't scifi... LOL
--
Sinclair Lewis
tlbepson
Premium
join:2002-02-09
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

>>jazzlady: at least Haven is still on. It's about the only thing I watch on SyFy anymore.

I have just started watching it again via a marathon VOD--for this season at least--but haven't yet watched the last episode. I haven't watched anything else either...

>>I agree with you about SyFy. This station used to be a lot better. Firstly, the name change annoyed me- seemed like they dumbed down the name to me.

DEFINITELY!!! I was infuriated by the name change...

>> the quality of the programming has gotten a lot worse. And what's with the off the wall programming? Wrestling? Seriously? WTF does wrestling have to do with science fiction?

My thoughts exactly! And...those really, really stupid and crummy "monster" movies are soooo bad!

I know it's fantasy but it certainly ain't scifi... LOL

ROFL!!!

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

Xbox Live

I just getting something to eat and then I'm going to play some Halo4 on Xbox live!

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

High School Shot

I have no Idea How he made this shot!

»m.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ62NIFfZA

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

Re: High School Shot

that was behind the back?

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH

Re: High School Shot

Yeah it was!

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
A lot of luck and a little bit of practice. That was awesome.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Pure Luck.... and he didn't even see it because he went through the exit door before it happened

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

Snow on the way

Got a new one just in time. Price went up $5 in the last 48 hours too

»www.amazon.com/Sno-Brum-Broom-Pr···+Sno+Pro
--
Time is an abstract concept invented by carbon based life forms to monitor their constant decay.-Thunderclese

cabana
Department of Adjustments
Premium,Mod
join:2000-07-07
New York, NY

NOLA ...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzByl_lUOXQ

Down in the Treme
--
doing the right amount of wrong

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:3

Re: NOLA ...

Bad-Ass!

What is the name of the band? Trombone Shorty?

I love it.

Thanks,

Blob
--
Don't try to follow me, I have a cab waiting. EEEEEEEEradicator!

cabana
Department of Adjustments
Premium,Mod
join:2000-07-07
New York, NY

said by workablob:

Bad-Ass!

What is the name of the band? Trombone Shorty?

Troy Andrews (born January 2, 1986), also known by the stage name Trombone Shorty, is a trombone and trumpet player from New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. He has worked in jazz, funk and rap music. Andrews is the younger brother of trumpeter and bandleader James Andrews as well as the grandson of singer and songwriter Jessie Hill. Andrews began playing trombone at age six, and since 2009 has toured with his own band, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue.

Andrews was born in New Orleans. He grew up in its Tremé neighborhood.
--
doing the right amount of wrong

workablob

Houston, TX

Good quality jams that!

Thanks for sharing cabana.

Blob
Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

3 recommendations

Buh Buy Verizon!

Free at last, free at last, God almighty free at last!

After almost 13 grueling painstaking months with one of the worst companies to do business with in the United States of America, I am finally free and back home with Sprint where I belong. With LTE unofficially launched in my market and $100 off each the HTC One Max and HTC One if you ported your number over, in combination with the fact my Droid DNA has run out of room because those ASSHOLES at Verizon had HTC remove the SD card slot that is found on the international version of the DNA, I couldn't hold off any longer.

Sprint has very limited LTE coverage in my area, as like I said its just started to be turned on. One of the first towers turned on was one a mile from where I work. Which is a relatively rural area with a small village in the heart of it. While Verizon has LTE in my market for a little over two years now, my area was just lit up with LTE in the summer. Nice to know Sprint doesn't just focus on urban and suburban areas like Verizon does when rolling out enhancements and upgrades. A few more towers got lit up today according to the guys at the store. The tower downtown by First Niagara Center went live as did the one that covers the University at Buffalo North Campus, plus about 4 more, with a bunch in the towns north of the city set to go live on Dec 30th. I just had to drive back to work to test it out.

Verizon 4G LTE in my office:

Sprint 4G LTE in my office:

And once I was out of 4G range and back on 3G I did a speedtest while on a rural road I drive every day and while it was only 3G, the speed was pretty damn good considering what Sprint was like a year ago. And about twice as fast as Verizon 3G is today in that area.

And these two phones, WOW! The HTC One was a favorite of mine until I saw that it came with a dinky 4.7" screen. It's a hell of a phone, and the audio quality is by far the second best I've ever heard from the internal speakers from a portable device. My mom will get that to replace the Droid Razr M. And the HTC One Max is just out of this world. 5.9" 1080p LCD3, looks just friggen gorgeous. I would have liked to see the screen slightly larger, 6.3" like the Galaxy Mega would have been nice. People and reviewers gave HTC shit about this phone only having the Snap Dragon 600 processor, but this phone flies, I can't see where I would have trouble with it's quad core 1.7 GHz processor.. Battery life seems excellent and at 3300 mAh it will be. And never again will I buy a phone for myself with no expandable storage. Got 10gigs of music on a 32GB micro SD card, with 32 GB on internal storage, I won't be running out of space anytime soon with 64 gigs of storage. Now I can actually take videos in 1080p. And as great as I think the speakers are on the regular One, the One Max is just that much better. Hands down, best audio to date from a phone.

What I thought was great, the girl at Sprint even put the Zagg screen protectors on the phones, and for free! Didn't have to pay the $8 rip off fee the con artists at Best Buy charge. And she did a better job then the tards at Geek Squad do.

I was at the Sprint Store for almost three hours. The number for my phone ported over fine, but those ASSHOLES at Verizon wouldn't release my mothers number right away, even though both phones were on the same VZW account. It took the girl at the Sprint Store three phones calls to their special number and a bunch of transfers to get in contact with some one who had to contact their manager to contact Verizon to force them to release the number. I cannot extend my middle fingers high enough to Verizon and Verizon Wireless. I will NEVER do business with those bastards again. And I will pay the very hefty ETFs that I will be charged with a smile on my face to rid myself of those vermin forever.

Fuck you Verizon Wireless! Fuck you!

dliw
Premium
join:2003-03-09
Valhalla
kudos:5

Re: Buh Buy Verizon!

Stories such as this have always kept me from even considering Verizon.
--
Cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war!
crk2h

join:2003-03-19
Tullahoma, TN

Re: Buh Buy Verizon!

I like being able to use my phone to make phone calls, text and browse the web to much to switch to sprint. Verizon is king in TN as far as the coverage goes.

dfrandin
Premium
join:2002-06-14
Las Vegas, NV
Reviews:
·Virpus.com
I've got a "horror" story then (at least horror for me and the wife) for ya.. We both had Virginmobile PAYG phones since about 2003. I got rid of my "dumbphone" a couple of years ago, and got on their "300 min+data+text for $25" plan and an LG Optimus from eBay.. Seems the wife was on a trip to see her sister, and her Virginmobile phone croaked.. Instead of calling me and asking "what's a good replacement phone/service for my dead phone", she goes to Walmart and signs up with Verizon with a featurephone and of course, one of their $#@#$%$# 2 year contracts.. Had she called, I'd have pointed her to one of the PAYG plans they have there.. Personally, I flat refuse to do business with ANY company that requires 2 year contracts.. And of course, she paid FULL price for the phone.. At least they only dinged us for the lowest "700 min" plan at $40+taxes+fees+whatEVER we want to charge... Of course, neither one of us are cellphone "yakkers".. In a good month, I might use 20 or 30 min of my 300 min, but I use the HELL out of the text and data... With a 3rd party rom on the LG phone, I can tether my laptop when theres no wifi.. In her case, she's lucky to use even 20 or 30 min.. unless she calls her sister.. Anyway, I'm gonna join in the gleeful "FUCK YOU VERIZON"....

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
And I broke a Verizon contract back in 2004 because they had terrible reception in Springfield, MA. They had excellent reception back in rural Iowa. My friend lived out in the sticks outside of Cedar Rapids and my phone worked fine there but I could barely get reception in densely populated Springfield, MA. We left them for Cingular which is now AT&T. They had better reception but they did have issues with network quality and dropped calls. I went back to Verizon after I had a call drop three times in less than 5 minutes. But this was in 2011 when VZ put up more towers and quite frankly I think VZW now has better in building reception than AT&T.

I shop for cell phones based on signal strength. And VZW is good for signal strength.

VZW used to have barely one bar at my house, now I get 5 bars with no boosters or femtocells. I think it's because there is a cell site at that new solar farm a few blocks away.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

China Moon

@comcast.net

China 3rd country to land unmanned probe on moon

China became the 3rd country to land an unmanned probe on the moon.

»www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/world···tml?_r=0

China became the third country to land a spacecraft on the moon on Saturday, after its unmanned Chang’e-3 probe settled onto the Bay of Rainbows, state television reported.

The Chang’e-3 landing craft carried a solar-powered, robotic rover called the Jade Rabbit, or Yutu in Mandarin Chinese, which was to emerge several hours later to begin exploring the Bay of Rainbows, or Sinus Iridum, a relatively smooth plain formed from solidified lava.

The United States and Soviet Union are the only other countries to have accomplished such a lunar mission — called a “soft landing,” which allows a craft to operate after descending — and 37 years have passed since the last such visit.

Some Chinese space engineers have also enthusiastically endorsed eventually taking astronauts to the moon and back, which would make China the second country, after the United States, to achieve that feat. China sent its first astronaut into space in 2003, and has since carried out four more manned missions.

Smartphone13

@comcast.net

What are features everyone wants in their smartphones?

Here is one analyst's idea of what features are WANTED in a smartphone:
»www.news10.net/news/technology/2···features

1. A long-lasting battery
2. Warp-speed processing
3. Crystal-clear display
4. A great camera
5. NFC Near Field Communications
6. Multiple windows
7. Plenty of storage space
8. Infrared remote control
9. Fingerprint sensor
10. Wireless charging

Which ones can't you do without? Notice that good voice capability isn't on the list.

Rogue Wolf
Mourns the Loss of lilhurricane

join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY

Re: What are features everyone wants in their smartphones?

People don't seem to care much about voice quality on phones these days. They prefer to just shout louder during the two times they ever bother to make voice calls- in a movie theater and on an airplane.
--
I may have been born yesterday, but I've spent all afternoon downtown.

Smartphone13

@comcast.net

said by Rogue Wolf:

People don't seem to care much about voice quality on phones these days. They prefer to just shout louder during the two times they ever bother to make voice calls- in a movie theater and on an airplane.

LOL. I agree.
GraysonPeddi
Grayson Peddie

join:2010-06-28
Tallahassee, FL
I am hearing impaired and I want high-definition voice quality. I also want a long-lasting battery and I don't care to play 3D games in them because I'd rather use a tablet instead. I would rather buy a DSLR camera unless there's a dedicated camera battery in a smartphone.

Multiple windows is great and all, but single window is fine since I'm visually impaired and I triple-tap my Android screen three times so I can read it. NFC? I do have it in Nexus 4. I want lots of storage space so I can store FLAC/high bitrate audio files in it (64GB+). A fingerprint sensor is great if I can use it with KeePass2Android and as for wireless charger, I charge via USB which I have always done since late 2005; no more wall chargers.
--
Phone: Yealink SIP-T22P + CSipSimple in Optimus V
Phone System: Asterisk 10.1; Server: Debian Sid+Exp

I'm in heaven with VoIP except for 3G wireless.
Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
Must haves:

1. Radio quality, i.e., the ability to hold calls/data sessions in weak signal areas without drops. I know this means nothing to my urban friends here, but it is hugely important around these parts.

2. Battery quality, which ties into #3 to an extent, since crappy software will drain even the biggest battery in short order.

3. Software quality and stability.

4. Voice quality, including noise cancelling microphones, good speakerphone, etc.

5. Unlocked bootloader, full control over the phone's hardware and software, if I choose to exercise it.

6. Copy/cut and paste. (Sorry, this is a cheap shot at the old iPhones

Nice to haves:

1. User replaceable batteries.

2. SD card slot.

3. Large amounts of RAM so I don't have to restart apps all the time.

4. Good camera. Nice to have, not 'must have', because even the best cellular camera can't compete against a dedicated camera.

5. Lots of storage. I don't use my phone as a local media player (Pandora + unlimited data = no need for local mp3s), those that do would probably put this in the 'must have' category.

Don't care:

1. NFC. Honestly, I've never used it. If it works for you great, but I could care less.

2. Fingerprint sensor. This is what PINs and pass phrases are for, IMHO...

3. Wireless charging.

4. IR remote control.

Smartphone13

@comcast.net

said by Crookshanks:

1. Radio quality
2. Battery quality
3. Software quality and stability.
4. Voice quality
1. User replaceable batteries.
2. SD card slot.
3. Large amounts of RAM so I don't have to restart apps all the time.
4. Good camera.
5. Lots of storage.

I agree with the items I highlighted from your post above.
Plus:
5" screen for my old eyes
Good Speakerphone and mic.
Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
1 – Screen size and quality
2 – Storage capacity
3 – Processing power
4 – DLNA compliant
5 – Camera

IR works great on my tablet, would probably never use it on the phone though. I got over finger print scanners 10 year ago. I owned two different HP iPaq PDAs in the early 2000s with biometric security and it was cool at first and then the novelty wore off. I will never use it on my phone. Wireless charging, don’t really see the big deal. Voice quality, don’t give a shit about. Seriously, who actually talks on the phone anymore? The front facing, higher quality speakers are something I’ve really come to appreciate in the past 24 hours.
--
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA!
Hussein Obama 0, American Public 1
Repeal 0bamacare Now!/Marriage = Man + Woman

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

Dogez!!

Click for full size

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5

Re: Dogez!!

Organic bed warmers

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

Re: Dogez!!

There's nothing like sleeping soundly with one of these shrimped up against you on a cold winter night.

Sometimes she gets jimmy leg and the toenails on the back are annoying but mostly it is wonderful.

Blob
--
Don't try to follow me, I have a cab waiting. EEEEEEEEradicator!
Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Motorola X Developer Edition for VZW

Ordered one of these during Motorola's cyber Monday sale, for the low price of $400, all it took was several hours of my life hovering over Motorola's twitter feed, waiting for them to fix the issues with their website. Rather sad that a company owned by Google had a point-of-sale website implosion, but that's a different topic for a different open thread.

Finally got my hands on it two days ago. It ships with the exact same software as the stock Verizon X, albeit with an unlocked bootloader. A naked Nexus experience this isn't, out of the box it's loaded up with all sorts of VZW bloatware, but it's easy enough to remove it. I had the phone rooted inside of an hour, then used Titanium Backup to freeze all of the unwanted Verizon bloatware. One problem solved very quickly.

In the long term I'll be loading a different ROM onto the phone. Right now it's too bleeding edge, none of the ROMs support active notifications yet (a must on the X since it has no LED), but they'll get there in short order. I ran Cyanogenmod for the longest time on my Galaxy Nexus, but it's looking like some of their competitors may beat them to the punch with active notification, so they may lose out this time around.

Having played with the phone for three days I can already say that it doesn't suffer from my two biggest gripes with the Galaxy Nexus: Crappy battery life, and crappy cellular radios. Motorola has always blown their competitors out of the water with radio quality and the X is no exception. No dropped calls yet, in areas where my GNex dropped them like crazy, and my LTE speeds are several mbit/s higher than they were on the GNex. The biggest issue with the GNex was handoffs, it usually worked fine when stationary, but started dropping calls/data sessions when mobile, or even when stationary at the border between two cell sites. Haven't seen that issue yet with the X, and it's holding a solid LTE connection inside my crappy RF killing (-105dBm on LTE, -99dBm on CDMA) apartment without any fall backs to EVDO. The GNex got 1.5-2.0mbit/s in LTE speedtests with those signal levels, the X is pulling around 6mbit/s or 7mbit/s.

As an added bonus, the VZ DE is nearly fully compatible with T-Mobile, so if Verizon yanks my unlimited data I've always got T-Mo as a fallback. That made the $400 purchase price easier to justify. The VZ version of this phone will handle all of T-Mobile's bands, except HSDPA in the AWS bands. That's not as big of an issue as you might think, since T-Mo is in the process of moving HSDPA to their PCS licenses, and their Band 4 AWS LTE deployment is supported by this version of the X.

All in all I'm happy thus far. Will be happier in a few weeks when I get to play with some different ROMs. I could do that now, with the experimental releases, but I've already grown attached to active notifications, and figured I may as well play with the stock ROM for a few weeks and give the third party ones time to mature.

Happy to answer any questions people might have about this phone.

•••

SchoolShoot

@comcast.net

Another entitled spoiled punk shoots up school

What is in the water around Denver suburbs? They seem to grow crazy shooters there. Anyway, this looks like another spoiled, rich, entitled young punk that went off the rails when someone disciplined him and he didn't get exactly what he wanted.

»www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/a···.1547140

Karl Pierson has been identified as the shooter at Arapahoe High School, he was a member of the school's debate team.

Karl Pierson, 18, was a sharp, opinionated student at Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colo., with dreams of joining the Air Force, one of his friends said.

Tracy Murphy was the supposed target during Karl Pierson's shooting rampage Friday.

“Karl half-jokingly threatened to kill Mr. Murphy, and Mr. Murphy got him suspended for saying that,” said Redmond, 18. “Karl wanted to go to the Air Force Academy, and they don’t look positively on suspension, so (Karl) felt like Mr. Murphy had ruined his life.”

Feeling that his life plan was ruined by a suspension, he carried a grudge and the shotgun into the school, said Joe Redmond, Pierson’s pal and the debate team’s captain. Pierson missed the coach, Tracy Murphy, but he left a 15-year-old girl critically wounded.

Pierson wanted to get even with Murphy for suspending him in September after he made the threat, Redmond told the Daily News.

SchoolShoot

@comcast.net

Re: Another entitled spoiled punk shoots up school

The victim in this shooting: Claire Esther Davis. Shot in the face with a shotgun by the sicko shooter.

»usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12···se-lover

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8

Weekend chore

I hate shoveling wet snow.

••••

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Had my wisdom teeth pulled

Had my wisdom teeth pulled at Baystate Medical Center yesterday under general anesthesia.

I'm doing better today, had to use the prescription painkillers yesterday but today I could just use the good old Tylenol.

I was good enough to drive today and we went and bought some groceries, nothing's better than a good old can of ravioli when you are told soft food only.

Now we're getting a snowstorm.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Malamute in the snow

They're sled dogs, they're bred for being in the snow. They were used during the diphtheria outbreak in Nome, AK to run the life saving serum to town. That is how the Iditarod was born.

This is our Malamute. And we're getting a storm so we're going to have one happy dog.
--

Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

Help a customer - get fired

A 62-yr old greeter at a northern Michigan Meijer store has been fired ... for helping a customer extinguish an auto fire in his dashboard. Good grief !!

»www.9and10news.com/story/2421555···car-fire

So much for showing ethics and compassion; this so-called "values" company has decided that they have to enforce 'da rules. Never mind that the vehicle could have completely caught fire and spread to other vehicles, rules are the most important thing to this money-grubbing business.

This is the very SAME company who refuses to provide surveillance footage/info to the store shoppers who have had their purses stolen; the same company who takes no action to beef up security when senior citizens are accosted in their parking lots; the very same company who claims they have rigorous training to pull expired products (yet there are gazillions of complaints about old meat, etc).

New motto of Meijer: So-so prices and NO standards (or ethics).

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH

Re: Help a customer - get fired

That so wrong to fire someone for something like that. The car could have Exploded if he didn't help put in out and people could've been hurt or worse.

DeadSurvivor
Shattered Dreams
Premium
join:2013-09-03
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

Sadness ...

My Tampa Bay Buccaneers are loking against the San Francisco 49'ers ... This is not right!

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
Reviews:
·Bright House

Hold US Press responsible for School Shootings

School shootings didn't become a thing in the US
until the US-MSM started rewarding school shooters
with orgasmic, hysterical over-reporting.

I call the coverage over-reporting because these are local events, not national ones.

What happened in Columbine High School, in 1999, was an unimaginable tragedy for Jefferson County CO.

Is it a national tragedy?

No more or less than any of the other kids who die in gun murders and get no more than a passing mention in their local news outlets. Reporting beyond that isn't about informing the public but about manipulating the public mindset.

So what's the problem with that?
A sharp ramp-up in school shootings, for one thing.

School shooters tell us over and over that they kill to generate attention to some message they want to get out.
Beginning with Columbine, US news outlets became committed to the shooter's objectives, by gifting them a massive message platform and keeping the story as fresh as possible.

Why?
Because student deaths ultimately translate into ad revenue.
A worked up audience means more eyeballs for the MSM and that boosts the bottom line.

Since there's little interest in investigating the factor of coverage=reward, the MSM's school shooting profit center is safe for the foreseeable future.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Re: Hold US Press responsible for School Shootings

And what makes things worse is how the press invades the towns. Newtown, CT for example is a typical small New England town and are not supposed to have to deal with the global media machine grinding their door steps 24/7 for a sound bite.

But the media loves all mass death or mass destruction. I am almost surprised that when a plane crashes the news vans do not beat the fire trucks.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Mactron
el Camino Real
Premium
join:2001-12-16
PRK

Nice weekend in Central California.

Nice weekend in Central California.
Hope yours was too.