dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-01-24 09:44:21: Last September, a study out of Australia found that "graduated response" (aka "three strikes") anti-piracy systems do little to nothing to actually combat piracy, effectively meaning the industry's ever-escalating game of whac-a-mole doesn't actually.. ..

prev · 1 · 2

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to aqk

MVM

to aqk

Re: Public Flogging

Dateline: January 25, 2014

Article states:
quote:
It's the first time that the Justice Department has moved to prosecute individuals for illegally distributing mobile apps.

Cited source, US DoJ first released:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, January 24, 2014

Sorry, but my crystal ball went to the repair shop on January 23, so I had no knowledge of what was a future event at the time I posted.

Obviously, proof that, "There's a first time for everything".
trollscience
join:2013-12-14
Carrington, ND

trollscience to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
Some them are caused by copyright trolls.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to CXM_Splicer

to CXM_Splicer

»youtu.be/up863eQKGUI

Dudes a troll then?
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

said by dra6o0n:

Dudes a troll then?

No, I don't think so. I have had many dialogs with Tshirt and I don't believe he is a troll. I do think, however, that there is a small number of people who think that copying = theft. Personal investment, distorted definition of theft, industry propaganda like the video you posted is certainly a factor for some; there are many reasons.

The argument falls apart under the slightest logical scrutiny and is obviously a push by those that profit from intellectual property to try to increase those profits. To me there is no difference between borrowing a DVD from your friend or the library or downloading it from the net. The claimed loss in both cases is exactly the same.
prev · 1 · 2