dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-02-12 22:48:22: CNBC reporter David Faber is breaking the news on Twitter that Comcast has beaten Charter to the punch and will be acquiring Time Warner Cable in an all-stock deal valued at around $159 per share (valuing Time Warner Cable at around $44.4 billion). ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

fartness (banned) to smcallah

to smcallah

Re: What about Earthlink?

I figure I save about $15 a month with EL so I hope they don't get rid of it. It would also be nice if EL is kept and doesn't have the same caps as Comcast.
old_wiz_60
join:2005-06-03
Bedford, MA

old_wiz_60

just wait...

cable rates will go up even faster with no competition...
with only one choice, people will have to pay godawful rates.

FCC head is certainly still being paid by cable cos to allow all of these anti-consumer activities... wonder how much he gets paid??? cash in offshore bank? direct pay to a family member hired as "consultant"??

if anyone doubted that FCC is owned by cable/telco, here is proof.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

Thank you comcast from saveing the NC area from 50/5 with 60% packet loss

Thank you Comcast from saving us from 5mbs upload, leaking plants that block LTE, 60% packet loss, daily outages, non free installs and lower cost per mbs both upload and download, and truthful about a softcap than TWC. Can't use more than 50GB before TWC throttles and if you use more than 3GB upload= throttled.

TWC your rain has come to an end you bunch of **** holes. I had to use AT&T wireless for years just to tether to my PC for school because I would get blocked from web pages due to the 60% packet loss.

15mbs/1mbs with 50GB softcap is a rip off for 54.99 a month. TWC time to die via Comcast who at lest it trying Fiber to the home.

dean corso
human.exe
join:2007-09-07

dean corso

Another blow to the consumer.

Why would we want competition? Sickening.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to smcallah

Premium Member

to smcallah

Re: Please not Comcrap again.

said by smcallah:

Anti-trust? I'm not sure you have actually read those laws to make such a comment.

Comcast and TWC do NOT compete in ANY market. So what is anti competitive? They will still have Dish Network, DirecTV, AT&T, Verizon, and CenturyLink to compete with. And TWC will just change into Comcast in the markets where they are. There will still only be one cable company in the same market.

That is a lot of competitors.

Lots of competitors for cable TV/TV programming, but how about the internet? Can't really argue that cell phones/LTE is competition, especially when it isn't available in many areas.

knighthawktf
@comcast.net

knighthawktf to Mike Wolf

Anon

to Mike Wolf

Re: Yeay!

I assure you they are on, and people are being charged 10$ for each 1-50g over the 300gb in many southern markets at the moment. The change was effective jan1, customers effected were emailed about it in late December, it sounds like they are testing it in dozen markets before pushing it everywhere later this year.
amanor409
join:2014-02-13
Orlando, FL

amanor409 to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

if anything:

Nebraska, Kansas City, Wisconsin all go to Charter along with California and maybe Hawaii.

I think Orlando will go completely to Bright House. Comcast has such a small footprint it's not funny. Maybe a few thousand households in Orlando and the surrounding area.
amanor409

amanor409 to Zenit_IIfx

to Zenit_IIfx

Re: What will CC keep?

said by Zenit_IIfx:

Going by a map of Cable MSO boundries, it looks like keeping the TW Ohio, NY, PA, WV, NC, SC makes the most sense geographically, pretty much cementing CC as the dominant cable MSO on the east coast.

California, Texas, who knows.

Really its all guessing from here on out.
The good news from this is that TW systems will see some upgrades.

But I bet the systems Comcast will be divesting may be DOCSIS2.0 only ones, if they still exist in TW footprint.

Also....this means we now have a new system similar in size to what was Ma Bell 30 years ago. Pa Cable, hello.

What do you think about Florida? I really think that Comcast will divest most of Central Florida to Bright House.
vabello
join:2011-05-05
Allamuchy, NJ

vabello to dean corso

to dean corso

Re: Another blow to the consumer.

Sorry, I'm not following all these comments about there being less competition now as a result of this transaction. In exactly what service area can you choose from using either Comcast or Time Warner cable as your cable provider? I've just never heard of two cable companies serving the same area before.

bmccoy
join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

Meanwhile at Comcast HQ

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

Next Media Animation (NMA)'s Video

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· BzxnOBDw
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

by 2020, not that far you'll be paying about $110 for regular cable and $85 for premium, at the rate TW / C'moncast are raising prices. Now that competition is gone maybe even more.
Seeley
join:2009-01-31
Eatontown, NJ

Seeley

If You're Against this Merger, Buyout, or Takeover- Sign this Petition!!

»petitions.whitehouse.gov ··· ym52vbd4

Spread the Word about this petition!!

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

1 recommendation

why60loss

Premium Member

said by Seeley:

»petitions.whitehouse.gov ··· ym52vbd4

Spread the Word about this petition!!

I want to sign the one that says approve the merger, buyout or takeover of time warner cable.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

haha me too. People having a fit over nothing.

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221 to 46436203

to 46436203

Re: Yeay!

It would be most likely faster to re rip the BR to the NAS..unless what (likely) is happening is you don't have the orginials
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5