dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-02-17 09:24:17: Enjoy your holiday! We'll leave you today with Taiwanese news animators explaining the benefits of the proposed Comcast and Time Warner Cable merger:. ..

Toguro
join:2003-10-23
Rockford, IL

Toguro

Have a nice weekend

New season of House of cards on Netflix.

maxwell2112
Rock n Rolls all night and
join:2002-02-10
Ferndale, WA

maxwell2112

Re: Have a nice weekend

That's it, only one post?

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview to Toguro

Premium Member

to Toguro
Currently binging on #HouseofCards, continuing my self-imposed boycott of the #NBCfail #Sochi2014 #Olympics prime time tape-delayed adfest. Gonna watch #BBC tomorrow via #Tunnelbear VPN ... Pack Sand @NBC

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

5 recommendations

Karl Bode

News Guy

Could they maybe fit more commercial breaks into the Sochi coverage? I feel like I haven't seen that Cadillac ad enough.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

2 recommendations

newview

Premium Member

Yep ... 5 minutes of tape-delayed, pseudo-knowledgeable sports commentary and then 10 minutes of commercials ... another advantage of the CBC & BBC ... absolutely NO commercials, ever

rustydonut2
@comcast.net

rustydonut2

Anon

Are you saying that if you watch the winter olympics on NBC, you have to wait until primetime to see recorded videos of the olympics with half competent commentators. half of which is car commercials?

PlusOne
@comcast.net

PlusOne to Karl Bode

Anon

to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

Could they maybe fit more commercial breaks into the Sochi coverage? I feel like I haven't seen that Cadillac ad enough.

It is even worse on the online streaming thru their app. Constant commercials.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

2 recommendations

Lone Wolf to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
Did you know that Stacy's mom has got it goin' on?
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul

Are you in love with Stacy's mom?

PaulHikeS2
join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA

PaulHikeS2

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.
Technicholas
Premium Member
join:2010-11-11
West Des Moines, IA

Technicholas to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
Icy and snowy weather here in the Midwest debating whether to go to work or not

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
If advertisers insist on bombarding us with their product adds at least rotate through them. Nothing is more annoying than the same damn commercial over and over and over and over.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN

Chubbysumo to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
I have not even bothered watching anymore. Lets just call it what it is: the international advertising games.

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

w0g to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
The video or something.. its causing Opera (based on chromium) to crash on Android/my Galaxy S4. Dslreports freezes then crashes the page .. only on the front page of dslreports.
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

2 edits

gaforces (banned) to newview

to newview
Do not use humera if you .... doo doo doo de duu duu de duu du ...
The music is so sad, makes you crave happy pills. Sublime music, I notice a lot of that on drug commercials.
My second not favorite is the hoedown music for jackinbox.
And they are still BLARING the commercials TOO LOUD.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to newview

Premium Member

to newview
>>newview: continuing my self-imposed boycott of the #NBCfail #Sochi2014 #Olympics prime time tape-delayed adfest.

I decided to see what NBC's Olympic coverage was like via (FiOS) On Demand and not only are there NO commercials at all, but, you can fast forward! Since I discovered this, I've watched all the figure skating (only thing I've even half way interested in watching) via On Demand.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

Figuring skating? Way to waste a perfectly good fast forward button!
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson

Premium Member

>>skippy25: Figuring skating? Way to waste a perfectly good fast forward button!

LOL!

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Toguro

Premium Member

to Toguro
I've been watching non-stop. On S2:E9 as I type this.

And it's what broke my streak of "firsts" damn it.
gatorkram

gatorkram

Premium Member

All done with season 2. Now I feel empty inside. Good thing I still have a ton of Shameless to watch.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

House ....

of Cards here I come!!

HouseofCards
@comcast.net

HouseofCards

Anon

Re: House ....

said by YukonHawk:

of Cards here I come!!

Well worth it. I am on 4th episode of Season 2. As good as season 1. A very good series.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

Most definitely. I'll wait until everyone is in bed sleeping so I can enjoy in peace.
existenz
join:2014-02-12

2 recommendations

existenz

Spoiler alert: First season was brilliant and complex but really disappointed with this one. First episode both Claire/Frank were sadistic for the sake of being sadistic. Loving to hate the protagonist can only go so far. And then too many new characters, none of which have any character development. Frank's replacement reminded me of Flo from Progressive Insurance but with a bigger corncob up here tw&t.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

4 edits

Packeteers

Premium Member

I agree somewhat - many new characters just seemed to show up, which kinda makes sense once he got promoted by end of season 1, but I would have preferred giving each repeat cast member more of an introduction into Frank's life. I kinda wish his next promotion would have happened during season 3 as it felt like it happened much too fast during season 2. what's he supposed to get promoted to by end of season 3?

the whole deal with Claire ruining the water shed vote for that Sudan shipment at the last minute made no sense what so ever as Claire lost everything to eventually settle a lawsuit, and Frank gained nothing as it would have been far easier to get that bald congressman to fall back off the wagon some other way. Frank forgave Claire the same day despite both having affair guilt, which was total BS even for their marriage.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks to HouseofCards

to HouseofCards
As good as Season 1? You must be watching a different show than I. I see some gaping plot holes, protagonists that are becoming cardboard villians without any of the complexity of Season 1, no smart antagonists for Frank (seriously, he almost effortlessly outmaneuvers all who oppose him, is he the only intelligent person in DC?), and no genuinely relatable characters.

House of Cards is entertaining, a good show at times, but not a great one.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

Happy about Time warner cable going out the door

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· overview

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Re: Happy about Time warner cable going out the door

And you're talking to someone who wants Comcast to go bye-bye.

Hopefully my market and Maine (where my grandma's house is located) will be the markets divested as usually these deals require divestitures as a condition of the merger. Charter has a lot of systems here in Western Mass so they might pick up surrounding areas served by Comcast and Comcast will probably focus on the densely populated eastern part of Massachusetts and Metro Boston.

Pugz
@rr.com

Pugz

Anon

Nobody has even given any requirements. Comcast is saying they'll get rid of some markets to make sure it goes through. But regardless; if they do keep them, you still aren't eliminating any options as they don't compete anyway.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to why60loss

Premium Member

to why60loss
No issues here. Comcast can keep their capped crap!

en103
join:2011-05-02

en103

I agree.

BUTTCHEEKS
@144.160.226.x

BUTTCHEEKS to why60loss

Anon

to why60loss
I can't agree more, let's go Comcast!!!!!!
waycoolphil
join:2000-09-22
Cathedral City, CA

waycoolphil

I dunno. We watched the 1st episode of season 2 House of Cards last night (TWC 15/1) and it ran in HD without buffering a single time after it started. That's pretty good for 9pm. Maybe everybody else was watching Sochi.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to why60loss

to why60loss
90+% packet loss?

Are you using a bare wire between you and node?

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Verizon is offering me an early upgrade

Verizon is offering me an early upgrade if I jump on board with their Verizon Edge plan plus $10 off my bill per month. I may drop the Jetpack when that contract is over since I rarely use it and iPhone has a built in hotspot.

I may go for the iPhone 5S. If I do the math, 50 percent of the phone will be paid off in a year so I can get a new phone every year instead of waiting every two years or I can pony up the money and buy out 50 percent of the phone's value. I don't mind giving up the phone when I upgrade, I have a ton of outdated phones collecting dust. I've given a few of them to Verizon's HopeLine just to get rid of them.

I've heard selling phones on eBay/Craigslist is lucrative but it's also risky, especially with iPhones. I've heard of many deals gone bad and it's usually the seller (not the buyer) that gets screwed. When there is a problem on eBay, they tend to favor the buyer. If I had money for a lawyer (in case something went wrong with the sale), I'd sell stuff on eBay but I don't want to take my chances. I just find Verizon's trade-in program to be cheap insurance to the problems associated with eBay/Craigslist.

••••••••••••••••••••••

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx

FureverFurry

Premium Member

Mouth hurts

Waaaah: had tooth extracted Wednesday. This eating soft foods is getting tiresome. The dentist did a great job .... except that he looked like TED BUNDY .
betam4x
join:2002-10-12
Nashville, TN

betam4x

Re: Mouth hurts

Luckily, I haven't had that happen since i was a teenager...I don't envy you. Good luck! Are you getting a fake one to go in its place?

AutoUnion
@comcast.net

AutoUnion

Anon

UAW loses chance to unionize VW Tenn plant

The union thought they finally had a chance to unionize a foreign owned US auto plant(VW), but went down to defeat in the worker voting against unionizing.

»finance.yahoo.com/news/u ··· 731.html

In a stinging defeat that could accelerate the decades-long decline of the United Auto Workers, Volkswagen AG workers voted against union representation at a Chattanooga, Tennessee plant, which had been seen as organized labor's best chance to expand in the U.S. South.

The loss, 712 to 626, capped a sprint finish to a long race and was particularly surprising for UAW supporters, because Volkswagen had allowed the union access to the factory and officially stayed neutral on the vote, while other manufacturers have been hostile to organized labor.

UAW membership has plummeted 75 percent since 1979 and now stands at just under 400,000.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Xbox One Update

The Xbox One got it's first big update last night. I got the update when I turned mine on today. I Think it's supposed to check at 3:00AM every night since what's when Windows 8 does it. »techland.time.com/2014/0 ··· weekend/
hussle87
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06
Sykesville, MD

hussle87

Premium Member

Walmart investing 250 Billion over the next decade in Manufacturing

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 7rxXoedo

What are your thoughts on walmarts investment in bringing manufacturing back to the US?

••••••••
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry

Premium Member

Most Worthless Spam Detector

And the most worthless spam detector award goes to Verizon Netmail. Every day I have at least a half dozen spam messages seep through. If I don't check my mail for a week, well do the math. I've checked my settings. It claims to be "on".

•••••

Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage

Premium Member

Well crap

I have been thinking about moving back to Time Warner after having problems with Windstream. Now I'm thinking that's a bad move.
63475675 (banned)
join:2014-01-06

63475675 (banned)

Be glad you have ANY job....slaves! LOL

That is the way of the world since the Global Economy came in to existence. You should be happy. The poor around the world are making progress. Just too bad it was at the expense of the US middle class worker. The rich will always be rich and the worker revolution is never coming.

Yeah, We The People of The United States of America should kneel down and lick the gilded boots of our economic masters. The same that occupy business and then lobby (pay off) congress to limit or eliminate tariff restrictions on UNFAIR COMPETITION from slave wage dictatorships like China. LOL

Not to mention that most of these trade agreements made are ILLEGAL and
UNconstitutional because only Congress can make regulation on business, not foreign bodies or entities like these global trade agreements like GATT, WTO,
NAFTA, ect.
betam4x
join:2002-10-12
Nashville, TN

betam4x

More snow :(

I love snow, but damn, can spring hurry up and get here? They are dumping snow in empty parking lots here. We've had over a hundred inches so far this season.