dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-02-18 19:27:07: T-Mobile last week sent out an email promotion to Blackberry users urging them to upgrade to Apple's iPhone 5S on T-Mobile for no money down. ..

hamburglar
join:2002-04-29
united state

hamburglar

Crackberry Who?

I don't know why they haven't been bought out and forgotten already. Even the most hardcore Blackberry users I know have moved on.
prairiesky
join:2008-12-08
canada

1 recommendation

prairiesky

Re: Crackberry Who?

... I moved back last week, and I must say, it's marvelous to be free of Apple.
dfxmatt
join:2007-08-21
Crystal Lake, IL

1 recommendation

dfxmatt to hamburglar

to hamburglar
What's hilarious is the moderation on the post via BB's blog. Every post is 100% moderated, and they're only approving posts that consist of "yay blackberry!"

That's how delusional they are.

When you refuse to even acknowledge your critics, you are acknowledging your own defeat.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to hamburglar

Premium Member

to hamburglar
It's like the zombies on The Walking Dead forming a union to bitch about the competition. Um, You're dead. Move on.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to hamburglar

Premium Member

to hamburglar
I was about to say...can you really outrage anyone when there's nobody to piss off?

Nightshade
Premium Member
join:2002-05-26
Salem, OR

Nightshade

Premium Member

The Commenters

Wow talk about a delusional, naive bunch. They give the dittoheads a run for their money.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Wrong way to go about it

if Chen wanted to be outrage he should be outraged at his own company . Not a lot of folks are drooling for a new BBM like they used to.

anonomeX
@comcast.net

anonomeX

Anon

Or, if you're not interested in switching platforms,

then ignore the offer. Duh. (T-Mo didn't say they were "ditching" BlackBerry as far as I know.)

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

1 recommendation

mech1164

The .... WTH

Mr. Chen should be more concerned as to why they are doing this promotion. Your product STINKS. Start kicking the butts of your people there before you start complaining about people targeting your users. If you had a product that was competitive this would not be an issue.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Who Cares?

Who Cares? Blackberry is dead I know no one who owns a Blackberry. Most people who have a Blackberry where planing to get a android or Iphone.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

Re: Who Cares?

said by chip89:

Who Cares? Blackberry is dead I know no one who owns a Blackberry. Most people who have a Blackberry where planing to get a android or Iphone.

Honestly he sounds like Windows Phone users sound every time a popular app developer says they refuse to support the platform or will cease development on the platform (which a lot of them have done recently.) Windows Phone users get LIVID every time they hear this.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Re: Who Cares?

Yeah He does. If I was him I whould't be complaining when he leaves he wil propably get millions for nothing.

insomniac84
join:2002-01-03
Schererville, IN

insomniac84 to Rakeesh

to Rakeesh
Why does that matter? The fact is microsoft is going to unify the desktop and phone store. Developers have no reason to touch the mobile platform until the unification happens. Once targeting the phone also targets the desktop, developers will support it.
boredsysadm
join:2012-01-11

boredsysadm

Z10??

Some folks on blog expressed their love the device....
All I could say is WTF?!
I never was a huge BB fan, but Bold 9900 was/is still BB's best device ever.
That said, Z10/Q10 are among the worst - They are Windows 8 sized disaster really....

Plus I can't really blame T-Mobile - they paid thru the roof to sell iDevices and they need customers to buy them to make their money back...

As for me - S4 is da bomb and I do not hear of anything else for next year or two
sexcho
join:2009-08-14

sexcho

Re: Z10??

Sprint had a contract with Apple to sell x amount of iPhones by x date. Not T-Mo.
boredsysadm
join:2012-01-11

boredsysadm

T-Mo still payed heavily ti apple to allow sell them. Even without the conditions they need to recoup that mullah
sexcho

sexcho

No, they didn't.. if you don't recall correctly T-Mobile was not willing to sell the iPhone under such terms which is why it took so long for them to offer it.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

They didn't do as bad of a deal as Sprint did, but they still committed to something at some price. Of course, it also could be a matter of customer retention or giving users a reason to get a plan with more than 500MB of data, since BB's aren't really able to do most of the things iPhones and Android phones can.
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

markf

BB's can't do most of the things iPhones and Android phones can?

Are you kidding? BB 10.2.1 runs Android 4.2.2 and can run most Android apps as well as Android can with direct APK installs. I have a good mix of native BB apps, along with Android apps on my BB phone, plus the unmatched functionality of the BB Hub for messaging.

At this point, there are no apps that I would use on any sort of regular basis that I can't install from either BB World or Snap (which accesses Google Play). Amazon App Store and 1Mobile Market also work in my experience.

BB has a big perception problem, not any sort of major functional problems. With 10.2.1 they've essentially eliminated any app gap.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Most of T-Mobile's BB's are likely BB7 and earlier, not the current disasters.
sexcho

sexcho to BiggA

to BiggA
Twice again, no.. they didn't. The numbers would have been mentioned.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

I beg to differ.
sexcho

sexcho

Meh

The blog comments are moderated. John Chen is a nothing short of completely oblivious if he thinks T-Mobile not pushing their crappy products is worth making all of this fuss about. He needs to focus on WHY T-Mobile is offering BB customers iPhones.. because the BB product they have at T-Mo sucks!

I had a Q10. I gave them a chance. I had my Q10 replaced 4 times. All had the same defect.. loose connection with the battery and the board causing reboots with any shock to the body.

Offer something worth promoting and T-Mobile won't try to steer people away from your sinking ship Crapberry!
jpbkslave
join:2013-06-10
East Weymouth, MA

jpbkslave

Re: Meh

Same deal here, replacement after replacement until I finally had enough. (same exact problem)

The 9900 was a great phone, should have never gotten rid of it for the Q10. I wanted to give them another chance, and they blew it.
sexcho

sexcho

Re: Meh

Exactly how I feel. I also had a 9900 for a short period of time and I loved the form factor and how solid the phone was. The Q10 is a joke compared to the 9900 just based on the build quality alone.

tmh
@comcastbusiness.net

tmh

Anon

Why even blog?

I mean, won't sending it out through the customer email list be more efficient.

There can't be more than a dozen people on it

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb

Premium Member

As a former crackberry addict....

I find it funny how he's bitching and moaning. I figure it's the only thing he can do right now to stem the blood flow of the aortic rupture that's been going on for years. When Android devices and iStuff became popular, they didn't do anything about it as if they had it made. Too bad, so sad. They just don't compare, not even a little bit. The Z10 is a pretty device, but for what I use my iPhone for, a BB would be useless for me.....and millions of others.

dynomutt
@comcast.net

dynomutt

Anon

I don't see in the promotion what is to be outraged about

There was not a single disparaging word re: BB in the entire ad.

That forum makes me think they're like a bunch of butthurt OS/2 users (I should know, I was one).

Oh, but my new Nexus 5 is shiny. I'm about to have 3 different MVNO accounts and no account direct with a provider. Have you seen Verizon's new offering? It's like Ting on steroids.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

Failing to see the big deal

What brand HASN'T encouraged people to switch? This is Marketing 101.

Long distance companies in the 90's sent checks, which when cashed, changed your long distance provider to that carrier.

How many ads challenge readers to "take the ______ challenge"?

Companies all over the country have special incentives for owners of (competitor's product) to switch.

"Switch now and we'll pay your early termination fee."

IMO, this is playground drama. Shame on Blackberry. So they have competition trying to lure customers. So what???

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

Because competition is so.... outrageous!

Can't have competition. Not at all. I'm telling your Mommy!