dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-03-15 12:27:23: Express yourself!. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to JackBauer

Premium Member

to JackBauer

Re: Story idea

said by JackBauer:

2) I shudder to think if they really did go up to 45k feet... Was it to depressurize the cabin?

I know CNN is making a big deal of that but the plane is certified cruise to 43,100 it isn't going to kill most people at 45000.

The pilots simulator obsession means he knows more about what the plane can do even under unusually conditions then most other people, pilot's and even engineers...which is a good thing if he's sane and at the controls during all this, not so good if he's losing it (though the sloppy flying later on point away from someone with his high standards doing the flying later on).
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to elray

to elray

Re: Got my permit yesterday..

I was going to say, I wouldn't use public transit in Southern California, but I would (and have) used it in many other areas of the United States, and Europe with any problem. Also, Bart is fine.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: I'm finally in the 21st century for radio

That's strange Prime Country plays 90's music like they say they do. Yeah iTunes Radio is Really good.There's a lot of good stuff on there. I use it all the time like while I wrote this.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to gmoney93

to gmoney93

Re: Oil Vs Gas....

70 during the day when people are home if not it drops to 68... since I have a HE unit its tough to heat after a cooling cycle, if I drop it more then 4 degrees it can take 4 hours to come up to 70. Usually I have 4 zones at 65 68 and 70, 68 is constant... the 70 unit is my living room and kitchen and drops to 68 and even 66 if I can. My electric zones are my basement and attic and are kept on 65.

The major problem is my house is from early 1800's and it needs a rehab badly... They didn't do the siding correctly and they also did a horrible job on the windows. If I was not running an HE unit the usage on an 82% unit would have me over 1000.

The never properly radiated the house and as I rehab it... We will be adding as much radiation as i can as well as fixing their hack jobs.

All part of owning a large colonial.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Maybe considering the heat loss in your home you could keep it 70 constantly 24/7 during the winter since you are burning more fuel to warm it back up to 70 from 68 than to maintain it at 70.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn

that sir is the idea at this point. Will make like a $20 difference.

The real problem is that the house is under radiated also. So it's not making up for the heat loss and my unit only condensates about 35... the system was designed to condensate even down to 10 !

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

ARGONAUT

Premium Member

What do you think about Crimea?

Having failed to prevent a Russian-sponsored referendum in Crimea, the Obama administration and its European allies refocused their efforts Sunday on keeping Moscow from annexing the autonomous Ukrainian region and expanding its military moves into other parts of Ukraine.

In a telephone call to Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — his third in two weeks — President Obama said that the referendum “would never be recognized by the United States and the international community” and that “we are prepared to impose additional costs on Russia for its actions,” the White House said.
»www.washingtonpost.com/w ··· ory.html
Russia is taking Crimea no matter what. Even Putin's Euro allies are getting the cold shoulder.

Should we (USA) mix it up with Russia?
prev · 1 · 2 · 3