spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-03-20 09:13:55: Thwarted by broadcaster refusal to offer unconstricted content licensing at reasonable rates, more and more companies are following Netflix and Amazon's lead in developing original programming. ..

microphone
Premium
join:2009-04-29
Parkville, MD

Aren't video game consoles for doing something interactive?

I can write their first tv series: "Snow Day". A psudo-reality tv show featuring kids who get to stay home from school because of snow and play video games.

thehopeful

join:2006-11-17
Burlington, ON

what about existing content?

Sony stands out from Amazon or Netflix because they already produce (or have bought) a lot of content. If they make their own IP available there will be plenty to watch on the ps4

Riusaki

join:2000-09-14
Space
Yep. Sony already has their foot way in the door with content they already make themselves.

»www.sonypictures.com/

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09

Enough

Enough supernatural superpower shows. How about a real sci-fi show? Something for non teenie bopper users.
--
Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef?!

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Riusaki

Re: what about existing content?

said by Riusaki:

Yep. Sony already has their foot way in the door with content they already make themselves.

»www.sonypictures.com/

However that content is locked up in contracts with the "traditional" distribution model. Once those contracts expire, Sony would obviously have the right to do as they see fit with it, but the worth of the content by that time would be of course diminished significantly.

NefCanuck

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada

If only the PS4

Would make it to store shelves.....

moulder3

join:2007-05-21
Boston, MA
said by EUS:

Would make it to store shelves.....

...and come out with an updated product that includes 5ghz WiFi (an unbelievable oversight!)

Probitas

@teksavvy.com

Considering what pay tv has to offer

They can't be worse. I just saw an add last night for "Comedians going for coffee". Did my brain just fall out of my head last night? The average IQ of television customer must be stupid low to have that as an idea for a television show.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to biochemistry

Re: Enough

A la Blade Runner? I will like this. But lets give this a chance since Power main character is not a teeny bopper.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to moulder3

Re: If only the PS4

That is pretty bad, although there is still Ethernet...