dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-03-20 16:15:09: The Consumerist has officially seeded the positions and has commenced voting for their annual "Worst Company in America" competition. "In the early rounds, each match will be open for votes for only a few hours," notes the website. ..

63475675 (banned)
join:2014-01-06

63475675 (banned)

Charter has to be a very close second or tie with Comcast.

With their new "Take It Or Leave It" attitude towards the customer
Tom Rutledge had definitely helped lower the bar at Charter about as low as it can go.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Re: Charter has to be a very close second or tie with Comcast.

I think it would be great if Comcast squared off against Time Warner in the Finals lol
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00

no chance.. EA won't be beat.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

1 recommendation

AmericanMan

Premium Member

Actually I haven't heard too much lately about EA being evil in the gaming arena.

Most of the practices that won EA the award last year (rampant DLC, Day One DLC, exclusive pre-order bonuses, beta quality releases) are now standard practice in the gaming industry.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

They still deserve hate for starting them. Not to mention they started viral marketing on reddit today to try and avoid another one. So theres that, them underhandedly trying to not get it for a third time.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to 63475675

Premium Member

to 63475675
Not having much faith in the results when Target failed to best McDonald's.

CosmicDebri
Still looking for intelligent life
join:2001-09-01
Lake City, FL

CosmicDebri

It doesn't seem to matter, does it

Specially when it comes to cable tv. Comcrap will still be the biggest, people who aren't satisfied don't have any other option, so voting with your wallet is no longer even possible. Plus you need to get your internet from somewhere, and no one wants to sell you DSL, so..........

As for EA, as someone else mentioned, they pioneered a bunch of bad ideas that the gaming industry has taken up and made even worse. Gee, just like Comcrap and cable.....

Ah well, if we don't like it we can move to Canada.... or Mexico...... or the Moon?

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

Cebturylink

I think Century link has to be the worst.

bmccoy
join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

Re: Cebturylink

Meh, they're slightly better than Comcast, but not very much. Their lack of motivation to upgrade anything is what makes CenturyDink horrible in my area.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

Re: Cebturylink

said by bmccoy:

Meh, they're slightly better than Comcast, but not very much. Their lack of motivation to upgrade anything is what makes CenturyDink horrible in my area.

Dude century link is far, far worse than Comcast. Your internet doesn't work for 2 week's?

Well they don't give a flying F. The CS rep told me it will be back when it's back, now hang up and don't call us again.

That was the first call about the outage by the way and that's how there CS is. There speeds are trash, you never get the upto speeds EVER. maybe like 1/2 if your lucky and it will go out every day for 10 min to hours and they won't give a F about that. Well that's just DSL sir. Just DSL my ***.

Comcast is no angel, but just don't even put them in the same rank as the total trash that is century link.
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx to jchambers28

to jchambers28
*This! jchambers28, CenturyLink is one of the worst companies in america by far! Garbage, garbage!
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

Time Warner vs. EA in the first round?

I thought the top seeded teams were supposed to face off against the bottom seeds in a bracket like this? Makes no sense to square TWC against EA in the first round!

My picks:
EA over TWC
Wells Fargo over Monsanto
Citi over K-Mart and Sears
Wal-Mart over CVS
Experian over Bank of America, by a hair (this is a tough one!)
American Airlines over company I've never heard of
Comcast over Yahoo
Facebook over DirectTV
eBay/Paypal over Verizon
AT&T over Microsoft
Target over McDonalds
Chase over GM
Ticketmaster over Aetna

I skipped the ones where I've never heard of or done business with either entry.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Re: Time Warner vs. EA in the first round?

I would definitely take Bank of America over Experian. BofA are loan sharks with steel teeth. As for Facebook over DirecTV, I like both companies but would vote DirecTV over their never ending carriage disputes and dropping the Weather Channel.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

Re: Time Warner vs. EA in the first round?

The difference between DirectTV and Facebook is you can actually establish communications with a human being at DirectTV when you have problems. Good luck getting a human being at Facebook to help you should you have any issues with their crappy website.

BoA vs. Experian was tough, very tough, since BoA personally screwed me once upon a time. I've got to give it to the consumer reporting agency though, particularly the one with Experian's level of unbridled arrogance, refusal to obey the law, and general contempt for the hundreds of millions of consumers whose information they sell.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to Crookshanks

Premium Member

to Crookshanks
My picks:
TWC over EA (only by a little)
Wells fargo over Monsanto
Citi over K-mart
Wal-mart over CVS
Comcast over Yahoo (Only by a little.)
Facebook over DirectTV
Verizon over Ebay/Paypal
Microsoft over AT&T (Windows 8)
McDonalds over target
Chase over GM

Now who should be the worst, Time warner cable for selling out due to not knowing how to run and upgrade a network at all.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Nursing Home Companies

Nursing home companies (no names mentioned) deserve a spot on the Worst Company in America competition. Many of them put profits ahead of people, deliberately understaff their facilities, make residents wait an hour for a response to their call bell to the point that they don't get to the restroom on time. Some of the stuff I've witnessed I cannot repeat on this G-rated forum.

Not to mention quality of the food is worse than that fed to inmates in correctional facilities.

This actually happened.

Not only do they understaff their facilities but they hire low quality staff. They'd hire ex-convicts if they could get away with it.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

Re: Nursing Home Companies

said by IowaCowboy:

Some of the stuff I've witnessed I cannot repeat on this G-rated forum.

Really?
APG
Premium Member
join:2007-01-13

APG

Premium Member

Who could possibly care?

A competition run by an obscure website dedicated to chronic complainers... golly.

I remember when Consumerist had a very active comments section. They have their reasons why it was removed, but I think the biggest reason was that the commenters seldom agreed with the editorial gist. Consumerist would get all breathless over someone not getting their 27th "new subscriber promotion." The comments would be 100 to 1: "it's time to put your big boy pants on and pay what the rest of us pay." That didn't make the Consumerist folks happy at all... but it's only coincidence that commenting was removed.

I lost all respect for Consumer Reports when they took over that site. CR's entire reputation is based on being unbiased and they defended it to the nth degree to even avoid the appearance of an appearance of a conflict... Consumist is so openly biased they can't tolerate dissent.

Forgive me if I think Consumerist.com should have the stones to put itself in its competition...

Steve B
Premium Member
join:2004-08-02
Auburn, WA

Steve B

Premium Member

Re: Who could possibly care?

Someone hacked their system/SPAM. They are redoing their comment section. I'm along with others are testers of that new system. I comment on there frequently. The site isn't obscure just because you choose not to use or like it. You are way off on that part of your comments.

Regarding their WCIA tournament, I will say that their new way of voting is garbage. Before, everyone had a chance to vote easily on all the polls. Now, you have to keep checking in multiple times a day to try and catch all the polls. I had emailed them multiple times inquiring about that but got no response.