spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-03-25 12:34:51: After being acquired by SoftBank, Softbank boss and new Sprint Chairman Masayoshi Son had plenty of criticism for the way Sprint was doing business, going so far as to claim the company fostered a "loser" mentality. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

cablemanf250

join:2013-07-15

3 recommendations

Its a Hamster Phone, Just like the Hampster Car...

DUMB & Stupid,

Dan Hesse was the best, honest & sincere.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

Hhhmmm...

I think it's effective overall at least with getting the Framily name out there. Although the hamster is suppose to be the dad? That is sort of weird. The mother is quite attractive and I feel like I have seen her before.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

SlowFITL

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

Trying too hard

Sprint is trying too hard. Stupid commercial and the new framily plans are overly complicated as well.

They need to advertise unlimited at whatever price and call it a day. Once they get spark rolled out in most places they need to talk about having the fastest most robust network.

For now they need to save the advertising money and invest it in expediting the Spark roll out. Right now they have NOTHING to offer over the competition.

innoman
-
Premium
join:2002-05-07
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

slightly better than the black and white

I think it's slightly better than the Dan Hesse videos, those annoyed me for some reason. I don't really get this one, though. The birds and the hamster are a bit much.

cablemanf250

join:2013-07-15
reply to swintec

Re: Hhhmmm...

After reviewing the video again, i agree, and after some digging the mother is played by Judy Greer.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to swintec

said by swintec:

That is sort of weird.

sort of...????

What is it with Asians and hamsters? They are like rats with poor posture and beer bellies.
They don't actual need cars or cell phones, as they are naturally solitary, much more so than other rodents.

FRAMILY

@comcast.net
reply to cablemanf250

Re: Its a Hamster Phone, Just like the Hampster Car...

said by cablemanf250:

DUMB & Stupid,

FRAMILY??? Really. A relevant commercial for a loser company.

dmeyer

join:2014-02-10
West Lafayette, IN

Not convincing

$25 a month plus taxes and fees...

This would be innovative if they combined all that crap into the monthly rate.

Not just saying Sprint is guilty of this... But mostly all of the wireless carriers are.

The exception is Aio/MetroPCS - they are starting to change this, slowly, but inevitably, the pricing model will keep moving in this direction as it reaches critical mass with consumers fed up with deceptive pricing. The rate plans on these guys include all the fees in the monthly advertised price.

Watch for the market to respond as the Leap acquisition wraps up, and AT&T unleashes this new model nationwide under the new Cricket umbrella, and TMobile pushes its MetroPCS brand.

Sprint isn't doing anything clever here... You can still get a better deal on the new non-contract providers, and their devices won't be crippled unlike Sprint.

Sprint has always been a gimmick. They are rolling out Spark on such a slow timetable. I hope they don't get to purchase T-Mobile.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage

3 recommendations

reply to cablemanf250

said by cablemanf250:

DUMB & Stupid,

Dan Hesse was the best, honest & sincere.

Nah, I think the trench coat guy was the best, plus he added some humor usually.

This new commercial seems pretty stupid.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to SlowFITL

Re: Trying too hard

said by SlowFITL:

Sprint is trying too hard. Stupid commercial and the new framily plans are overly complicated as well.

They need to advertise unlimited at whatever price and call it a day. Once they get spark rolled out in most places they need to talk about having the fastest most robust network.

For now they need to save the advertising money and invest it in expediting the Spark roll out. Right now they have NOTHING to offer over the competition.

some people like stupid ads. Probably waiting to advertise the network until it is more complete. Think of the bashing Sprints network gets on this site. Advertise the new network too soon and the bashers will bash it to oblivion. Not much longer and they will be able to advertise it.

dagg

join:2001-03-25
Galt, CA
reply to tshirt

uhhh....are there rodents that actually DO need cars or cell phones?

xthepeoplesx

join:2013-10-21

Uhh the scion hampsters? duhh.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

I miss "Trench Coat" Dan...

"Trench Coat" Dan was sincere, and you felt like as CEO, he was connecting with you as a potential customer and personally standing behind the product and quality of service. This commercial is a far cry from that. Poor taste knows no bounds.

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·KCH Cable

1 recommendation

Bring Dan back

Maybe they'll have him back when they're ready. Sure hope so. That was a pretty lame ad.

(sarcasm) I can now imagine Dan coming back, only to have a conversation with a hamster. Great (/sarcasm).

The plan looks like a sham. What happens when someone leaves your circle and you don't know about it ...bill goes up... Make the plans a set rate, and stop messing around. If they can be "as low as" whatever rate, make it that rate. Leave everything unlimited. Stop messing around.

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to xthepeoplesx

said by xthepeoplesx:

Uhh the scion hampsters? duhh.

Kia Soul, ITYM

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

Meh.

This doesn't grab my attention at all.

The best Sprint ads I've seen are the recent ones with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell dramatically honoring customers' activities. Those were funny enough that we stopped and re-watched them (or would stop fast forwarding to see new ones), yet it still managed to memorably be a Sprint commercial.

This one had me rolling in a 15 second spot! Genius.

»www.marketmenot.com/sprint-every···mercial/

xthepeoplesx

join:2013-10-21
reply to jseymour

I cant tell um apart. But good call!

TheKrell

join:2003-12-07
Fairfax, VA
reply to FRAMILY

Hear hear. I can't believe Son is such a loser when it comes to advertising. Could they possibly have done worse?

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to cablemanf250

& It's a rip off of a Netfix Ad I Think To!

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia
reply to FRAMILY

Hamsters...the other white meat.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to chip89

Found it the Sprint ad Is a Rip off of Netflix!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPBiHaj7Kx4

join:2014-01-06

1 recommendation

Only thing I remember about this ad after I watched it......

....was how incredibly DUMB it was, and that it was if they were insulting my
intelligence at that. LOL

Bring the CEO back.

FAIL!

lmaoooo!!!

Someone should post on dslreports.com comment forums the YouTube video the hamster dance video and song for sprint to go by now and forever and infinity lmaoooo!!!

Mr Guy

@charter.com

2 recommendations

reply to FRAMILY

said by FRAMILY :

FRAMILY??? Really. A relevant commercial for a loser company.

While yes Son did say the new plan should be a Framily plan the idiots at Sprint didn't take into account his broken Engrish.

Bootes
Premium
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Older Ads Were Better

I thought that the "old" Sprint ads were very well done, especially the black and white ones with the CEO.

This just looks like a generic cable company ad. Maybe they all do ads like this because they work. Personally, I do usually pay attention to ads and don't hate them like most people seem to. But when something like this comes on, I know to instantly ignore it.

oncfari

@sbcglobal.net

Sprint Ads

Just because your the CEO doesn't make you an ad expert, Son! The James Earl Jones/Malcolm McDowell ads were a stroke of genius -- once you figured out what the real message was. And for Sprint, that message needs to be: UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT & DATA! Shout it to the rooftops, and stick your competition's nose in it so far they can't breathe! That is the one thing that no one else has really matched, and it's the #1 (make that the ONLY) reason I stay with Sprint. Most people are complete idiots when it comes to plans -- they don't really know what it's going to cost them till they get the bill b/c most of them are focused on phone colors and similar inconsequential BS. Wake up, Sprint, and flex your muscles -- NOT your hamsters!

i2Fuzzy

join:2009-02-25
Fort Worth, TX

SoftBank commercials

The SoftBank commercials in Japan feature Otosan, the father of a family who is a dog...for whatever reason. They're a big hit there, and I liked seeing it as a hamster, but I don't think it's right for the American market.

Then again, it could work with a better commercial.
--
Ali
Check Point Certified Security Expert

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to ilikeme

Those ads where really good & funny like this one. They should bring them back they could say the only all digital all new network built from the ground up. This one is good two, they could do both.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL-a4PYcyXU

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-tRHNElTo4

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

Dumber than dammit

Dumber than dammit and annoying to boot.

Who's their target audience, anyway?

blackice

join:2014-01-02
Pittsfield, MA

1 recommendation

reply to tshirt

Looking at one of softbank's own commercials, this hamster thing seems pretty normal.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAf2NY-xFkk