dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-04-01 09:08:05: Hosting reseller Burstnet decided to migrate their Pennsylvania Network Operation Center to North Carolina. The problem is that BurstNet didn't clearly and directly warn many of their downstream partners. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

pclover

They suck

Doesn't surprise me. Burst is one of the worst webhosting companies out there.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

Not sure I have much sympathy.

If it's true that Burstnet was posting regular announcements about the pending move and their customers were not paying attention to the announcements I'm not sure that I've got that much sympathy for them.

While Burstnet is the one to blame for the outage ultimately it's the end users responsibility to make sure they have a disaster recovery plan in place. I've always said you always have to have a plan B and C if the internet is a critical part of your operations. If you don't then that's your fault.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

ropeguru

Premium Member

If true...

It looks like BurstNet has an even worse reputation than just leaving its users in the dark..

Burstnet Strategically Defaulted on Leases, Debt Obligations and Data Center Lease

»vpsboard.com/topic/3862- ··· -within/

Appears that BurstNet has now been aquired by DigiPlus...

»vpsboard.com/topic/3938- ··· igiplus/

Wonder what this will do to their migration? Looks like their "news" section went completely quiet on March 30.

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

pclover to battleop

to battleop

Re: Not sure I have much sympathy.

I do agree to a point. They should have emailed their clients tho.

Most reputable company will notify people via email atleast week in advance for such major changes.
twhiting9275
join:2002-08-30
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275

said by pclover:

Most reputable company will notify people via email atleast week in advance for such major changes.

You mistake Burst for a reputable company.
They're a fly by night company with massive issues.
Now, they're pretty much dead

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru

Re: If true...

Great info. Thanks for posting that.
Noah Vail

Noah Vail to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru
This gets better and better.
said by LowEndTalk.com :

April 1, 2014 Charlotte, NC

The DigiPLUS Company announced today that it has assumed the assets and client contracts of BurstNET®, a worldwide leader in Web Hosting and Internet Solutions. The new management company has relocated one of its three data centers from Scranton, Pennsylvania to Charlotte, North Carolina.

It's no joke -> »burst.net

DigiPLUS seems to be these guys.
quote:
A Delaware incorporated shell company formed on March 12, 2014

File Number: 5496695
Incorporation Date / Formation Date: 03/12/2014(mm/dd/yyyy)
Entity Name: DIGI-PLUS, LLC
Entity Kind: LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
Entity Type: GENERAL
Residency: DOMESTIC
State: DE

REGISTERED AGENT INFORMATION N
ame: NATIONAL REGISTERED AGENTS, INC.
Address: 160 GREENTREE DR STE 101 City: DOVER
County: KENT
State: DE Postal Code: 19904
Phone: (302)674-4089

Meanwhile, there are still a lot of companies with no web sites or email.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

They have changed their home page since I posted. When I was checking this out, there was no mention of DigiPLUS on the Burstnet web site.
ropeguru

ropeguru to Noah Vail

Premium Member

to Noah Vail
What do you want to make a bet that DigiPLUS is a new LLC made up of the original owners of Burstnet? This way they offload all their debt and still own the company.

Probitas
@teksavvy.com

1 recommendation

Probitas

Anon

I suppose that is one way to kill a person (businesses are considered people according to that united ruling) and avoid paying your bills. Should be illegal.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Given the timing:

3/3/2014 Lawsuit was served to BurstNet by the local Sheriff's Office due to defaults on lines of credit
3/12/2014 New LLC called DigiPLUS, LLC was formed in Delaware
4/1/2014 DigiPLUS, LLC aquires all assets of Burstnet.

Apparently there is also more to the timing if you go to the links I posted.
twhiting9275
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275 to ropeguru

to ropeguru
Yeah, they've been making headway with this all day it looks like. Clients got mails this morning, they got an announcement page up, and it looks like the homepage is linking to »service.burst.net/announ ··· hp?id=41
twhiting9275

twhiting9275 to Probitas

to Probitas
Not the first time they've pulled this, sadly.
I (kind of) feel for their clients, but this has been coming for quite some time

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

If they have pulled this before and clients stayed with them, I do not feel sorry for them.
ropeguru

ropeguru to twhiting9275

Premium Member

to twhiting9275
I don't see any headway for the customer. All I see is the announcement that burst.net was aquired by and LLC that was created on March 12 in order to play the legal, screw over the lenders, game. Not since March 30 has ANY update been made about getting customer's systems back online.

Even though I have never dealt with them, I still say they are nothing but scumbags.
twhiting9275
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275

said by ropeguru:

I don't see any headway for the customer.

They have been. Various clients @ WHT have been posting that servers are coming back online today. More are expected shortly.

I don't disagree with the scumbag remark, they are most definitely scumbags, especially with how they've handled business since September apparently

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru
JW Ray was hired in Feb as the CEO of BurstNet and is also the CEO of DigiPLUS.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

So the assumptions are being proven...

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

JW Ray seems to have his hand in all the cookie jars.
said by TheWhir :

BurstNET, a web hosting provider that has been recently accused of avoiding paying debts, has had its assets and client contracts bought by an entity known as DigiPLUS which is headed by BurstNET CEO JW Ray.

Ray became CEO of BurstNET in January 2014, and is referred to as CEO of DigiPLUS, according to the official Tuesday announcement.

Ray is also the managing member of cloud industry venture capital fund Backlog Capital, and was once COO of Learn.com, which he co-founded.

Backlog Capital has been dumping money into BurstNet for the last few years.
»www.backlogcapital.com/p ··· lio.html
»www.backlogcapital.com/news.html

I suppose that explains how JW would up running things.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

And here is some more info:

»www.linkedin.com/pub/jw- ··· /778/a11

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

Pics because it isn't happening

Someone snapped some pics of BurstNet's new digs.
»imgur.com/a/4tdCK#0

And despite the best efforts of the BurstNet techs there are still tons of people offline.
and
Some resellers are learning the hard way to not use the same host for their NS servers.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

They did this with their DALLAS DC too...

They did the same crap a few months ago with their DALLAS colo... decided one weekend that they are moving everyone to their PA datacenter. Now this... LOL.

Talking about a company going bye bye.

»www.webhostingtalk.com/s ··· =1342218

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

Dang. It looks like BurstNet's implosion began last Summer.
One theory is VolumeDrive didn't pay their bills and BurstNet's razor thin margins couldn't cope.
Expand your moderator at work

Steve126
@optonline.net

Steve126

Anon

Shows how much BurstNet and DigiPlus

It is not difficult to send out an e-mail to your customers regarding a planed outage. I spent hundreds of dollars on Google clicks to a nonexistent website. In addition, many of our potential customers thought we closed and went to the competition. It adds up to thousands of dollars in lost revenue. It just shows how much BurstNet and DigiPlus think of their customers.

NOCMan
MadMacHatter
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO

NOCMan

Premium Member

We'll if you're still looking for a reliable replacement biz.dev@totalserversolutions.com can help you.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to battleop

to battleop

Re: Not sure I have much sympathy.

said by battleop:

If it's true that Burstnet was posting regular announcements about the pending move and their customers were not paying attention to the announcements I'm not sure that I've got that much sympathy for them.

Ummmm.... so it's the fault of CUSTOMERS because they didn't read an obscure blog?

Seriously???

You have a lot to learn about running a business. Read through the WHT thread. Burst pulled this same stunt in January when they did a midnight run from their Dallas facility just before the landlord locked them out. They're a company in big financial trouble (links to legal documents are in the WHT thread) and instead of notifying their customere PROPERLY, like via email, they just stuck a few references in their blog and threw everything on a truck headed out of state.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

So if your ISP goes down because their only provider has an outage would you be understanding or would you want people fires for being incompetent?

If your business is THAT dependent on internet services it is absolutely 100% your responsibility to prepare for a complete outage and have a plan in place to get back nine immediately.

"They're a company in big financial trouble (links to legal documents are in the WHT thread"

Someone isn't doing their homework.

Sergio Mcfly
@comcast.net

Sergio Mcfly

Anon

The worst nightmare ever!

I barely come up to a forum and instead of reading, writing to help people out. I have 5 servers (2 VPS and 3 PS) with them and my last tickets didnt get answered what so ever; just receiving all the time automatically responses and btw my main server is almost dead because of the very very low speed and ping to it. Im disparate to get rid of BurstNet (their support simply doesn't exist at all!!!!!) and for sure I will move out and never comeback again. Lesson learned :-(

It doesn't surprise me they have huge lawsuit against them and their reputation on BBB is the worst possible; Oh God, how the hell I was so stupid!

GeorgeW
@comcast.net

GeorgeW

Anon

BurstNet Fiasco

What is happening here is similar to a Ponzi scheme. BurstNet runs up its accounts payables while accepting receivables, then moves, creates another company, and repeats. FTC lawsuit comes to mind. They are enjoying the receivables, not paying the payables, and leaving everyone in their wake holding the bag. The end users, thinking they are with a good web hosting company (and may very well be), that is hooked into BurstNet's system find their websites rendered useless, not to mention losing precious Google standing that takes years in some cases to attain. JW Ray is the CEO of DigiPlus, LLC, that acquired BurstNet. Former BurstNet CEO? Good guess, JWRay. This, to me, smacks of criminal activity. So far, it's Dallas to Scranton, to Charlotte. Next stop? I hope it's the Federal Pen.
page: 1 · 2 · next