dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-04-04 08:21:04: A final ruling in the European Court of Justice has confirmed that it is legal for lower EU courts to force ISPs to block sites that infringe copyright, despite the fact that some broadband providers wish it were otherwise. ..

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

This will be us soon...

We are giving up control of the internet, and then what is to stop these EU people from blocking stuff for the whole internet.

This is very bad.

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

Re: This will be us soon...

said by gatorkram:

We are giving up control of the internet, and then what is to stop these EU people from blocking stuff for the whole internet.

This is very bad.

In good ole US of A, we don't block, we take:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op ··· ur_Sites

This is very bad.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Yeah, that sucks too.

I still have to wonder, if the slipper were on the other foot, and I had some valuable thing, and people were using it however they wanted, against my wishes, how I'd want the response to be.

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

The idea isn't to give other countries direct control (the slipper) over the root zone but instead to go from a single stakeholder model to a multi-stakeholder model where everyone has input.

»www.ntia.doc.gov/press-r ··· unctions
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
you are not a major entertainment industry mega-corp, ICE would tell you to go pound sand if someone took some of your work and was pirating it via their website.

stuff like this in the EU and the laws here in the US only benefit groups on the scale of Disney.

SHABAZZ
join:2008-07-13
Seattle, WA

SHABAZZ to gatorkram

to gatorkram
This is one of the main reasons the US should never give up control of the internet to Europeans. The internet should remain a world network controlled by the US of A...
Gruesome
join:2007-10-18
Milton, ON

Gruesome

waste of time

This is such waste of time and money, any block is so easy to get arround its ridiculous.

fred
@threembb.co.uk

fred

Anon

isp

oh the implications,,, what if someone used vpn or proxy to access an isp blocked site??
would the isp be in breach of the court order for the FACT that you still accessed a site form your isp that was ordered to block it?

Probitas
@teksavvy.com

Probitas

Anon

Hi, I'm your competition

And I think you are allowing pirating to occur, so I think I'll just use this handy law to give you grief. You could thank me later, but you'll never know who did it. Hugs and Kisses ....