spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-04-11 16:51:03: Less than a week after Charter CEO Tom Rutledge publicly admitted that their current TV service offerings simply weren't very good, Charter last November announced plans for a brand refresh for the company's broadband and TV services. ..

DarkenMoon97

join:2013-11-14
New Baden, IL

You need to focus on your upload Charter.

4mbps isn't enough, especially for backing up off-site.

armed

join:2000-10-20

1 recommendation

Its enough for me!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

So it looks like $90 plus...

...fees, equipment and stuff* for triple play with 60/4? (not having a charter address makes getting a accurate price quote difficult.)

* how much are Charter fees, equipment and STUFF?

Mr Guy

@charter.com

All STBs are $7. DVR fee is $12 for 1, $20 for 2-4. Modem is included in price of internet.

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
N. VA, USA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to DarkenMoon97

Re: You need to focus on your upload Charter.

The reason for the upload being capped is how asymmetric DOCSIS is...1 DOCSIS3 Upload channel provides 30mbps of bandwidth shared. Not nearly as much bandwidth to share as in the downstream.

The solution will come when the MSOs start doing FTTH, but that's distant outside of extreme high level tiers (like what Comcast does to deliver 505 - MetroE)

Node Splits can also help with this, but again, that would involve spending money on infrastructure.

crucialcolin

join:2004-09-12
Roseville, CA

spectrum

Gee trying to cash in on the mobile movement i see

RWSI

join:2012-11-27
Albuquerque, NM

News

It must be a slow news day.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

Ashamed of their real company name...Charter? LOL

Isn't this the same tired old sham that Concrap pulled with Xfinity?

It doesn't fool anyone. Instead of spending tons of money trying to divert attention away from Charter shortcomings with marketing they need to concentrate on making the basic services better.

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1

Its Great!

My download speeds have been awesome this week. I get around the advertised and ive seen up to 100 from steam!.

Tv is also better, they fixed the HD channels so it defaults to the HD signal instead of the SD signal.

Good stuff!

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to 15444104

Re: Ashamed of their real company name...Charter? LOL

You do realize a product brand is not a name change right? Comcast still uses their brand. And so does Charter. Maybe Verizon should be ashamed of their FiOS brand as well?

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

Same pig....

Just new lipstick.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

said by KoRnGtL15:

Just new lipstick.

On the same old pig! LOL
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Jaybonaut

join:2012-05-29
reply to DarkenMoon97

Re: You need to focus on your upload Charter.

Agreed, the upload is painful. Try running a regular Youtube or Twitch channel. I have problems anytime I go above 1.8.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to Zenit

The upload is capped because they only use 1 upload channel.

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
reply to DarkenMoon97

Ive been getting 5-5.5 pretty consistently. Im not sure what its supposed to be. Its not faaaaast but i can live with it. ( i keep all my backups in my house, my data is mine)

Expand your moderator at work

pawpaw

join:2004-05-05
Greenville, SC
Reviews:
·Charter

Not much evil

I'm getting solid 60/4 for $54.99/month, no phone, no TV. The service is reliable and the only outage in the last five years was due to a lightning strike.

So although I would like to pay less, I don't think all the hating on Charter is justified.

megarock

join:2001-06-28
Catawissa, MO
Reviews:
·Charter

Same boat

My 30 mbps was fine for download. It's upload that needs to come up even a little. I have 60/4 business class service now and I don't really have any issues except for every once in awhile having the connection drop and reset early in the evening which is probably maintenance work of some sort. The rest of the time I get around 70 down and 4.2 up very reliably.

pawpaw

join:2004-05-05
Greenville, SC
reply to pawpaw

Re: Not much evil

I also meant to say the the modem is included in the cost. There are no other fees. Plain dealing, which is rare in this industry!

If you have cable TV and/or a phone, you may have a different experience.