spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-04-17 10:36:11: While AT&T and Verizon dominate the industry and T-Mobile has been receiving consumer adoration for doing things a little bit differently, Sprint has been struggling to not only keep users, but build a decent network and brand identity. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

seamore
Premium
join:2009-11-02

But

But, but, but...He's the CEO!!!!!
He deserves every penny and worth every penny that the board pays him

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

yes Sprint sucks and Tmobile is great.

There is a current timeline. If not met Hesse may not be here next year.
Just google, the timeline is not this week but there is a significant timeline for end of year and mid next year.
The network team has been shuffled, high level managers replaced. If Hesse does not produce he will be gone also.

tnroroc
Let's Rock

join:2001-04-25
New Jersey
That is all well and good, but he will be out AFTER his bump in pay. Where do I signup for a job like that?
--
rok - Enjoy this game called life, nobody is actually keeping score.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

Not for long

Softbank CEO will probably end that this year. He couldn't control last years pay.

SteelerRaw

@72.5.190.x

In the interest of transparency

Before this devolves...

quote:
The biggest chunk of his pay — $34 million, about 70 percent — came as Sprint stock, restricted as to when Hesse can sell it, and options to buy more shares of the wireless company.

He won’t collect unless he’s still there when the awards “cliff vest” the day after his employment contract runs out in mid-2018.

“In effect, there’s no value (to Hesse) until that occurs,” said Paul R. Dorf, managing director of Compensation Resources Inc. in New Jersey.
Read more here: »www.kansascity.com/2014/03/07/48 ··· link=cpy

THXULTRA

@mooseintl.org

Anyone else sick of the T-Mobile is so great articles all the time

Seems lately T-Mobile can't go wrong. They raise the price of there unlimited plan it is seen as great. They release a crappy 500meg plan everyone says what a great deal it is. They change the jump plan from every 6 months to a year and they are still great. Corporate discounts ya those are gone too. While T-mobile has done some good things in the past year (no overages on data) they have had negatives but no bad press. Try using there data network at Disney World it chokes. Sprints Framily plan is a much better deal with the extra $20 unlimited data then T-Mobiles unlimited plan which is now up to $80 a month. With one phone on my plan with sprint I can pay $45 a month for unlimited data, text and talk that would cost $80 on t-mobile... Can sprints network use some upgrades you bet but so can t-mobiles.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX

2 recommendations

RE

They got that money from Softbank and now compensation is ballooning. That is where the money is going, not into network investment and infrastructure but into the pockets of the executives.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to amarryat

Re: Not for long

said by amarryat:

Softbank CEO will probably end that this year. He couldn't control last years pay.

True but there may be contractual obligations that he may have to honor or pay even more to break.

Still not surprised that the worst performing cellular carrier has the highest CEO pay. Makes sense :/
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

PayoffbySon

@comcast.net

This was Hesse's bonus for pushing thru sale to SoftBank

This was the payoff to Hesse for pushing thru the sale of Sprint to SoftBank - nothing more than that.

Nick5

@verizon.net

Harder Job

While I'm not completely in the "he should get a ton of pay camp", being CEO of a struggling company can be significantly harder than keeping a successful one going. It's much easier for a plane to cruise than to take off.

bigballer

@205.214.216.x
reply to THXULTRA

Re: Anyone else sick of the T-Mobile is so great articles all the time

cause sprint's framily plan isn't even that cheap. Pay 220 with sprint framily or 110 with tmobile. Both give unlimited talk, text, 1 gb of data per user.

BUt which plan has international data and international texting?

MDA
Auto negotiating
Premium
join:2013-09-10
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to THXULTRA
At least T-Mobile has a "Nationwide" network...

Sprint is northeast, southern/texas area, and Nevada/california. Its spotty as hell. The price you pay for both is what you are getting.

I'll take the more disruptive and better coverage network of the two.

LTE4LIFE

join:2013-02-28

2 recommendations

reply to seamore

Re: But

Twisted logic in this society of sycophants... Those that do no work get all the money and rewards for being at the top. Those that actually do the work to keep the company growing get jack crap.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
reply to THXULTRA

A lot of mobile companies choke in crowded areas. I can't get Verizon to do jack inside an NFL stadium
--
Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef?!

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
reply to MDA
You are forgetting the Midwest. It is headquartered in Overland Park, KS not too far from Kansas City.
--
Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef?!

Oceanside426

join:2012-07-15
Oceanside, NY
reply to LTE4LIFE

So true. I hate it. Really America Stop Being Such Sheep...

MDA
Auto negotiating
Premium
join:2013-09-10
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to biochemistry

said by biochemistry:

You are forgetting the Midwest. It is headquartered in Overland Park, KS not too far from Kansas City.

I had 1-0 bars in Minneapolis MN. maybe central/midwest, but not northwest.

SteelerRaw

@72.5.190.x
reply to MDA
Based on my experiences with both, Sprint's network is more nationwide than t-mobile's.

thxultra

@mooseintl.org
reply to biochemistry
I haven't been able to get any network to respond well inside the united center. Disney World however Verizon didn't miss a beat and T-Mobile was useless for data.

thxultra

@mooseintl.org
reply to bigballer
Think that depends on the number of lines you are paying for. For a single line on a full discount framily plan it is $56 a month for unlimited data, annual upgrades and phone insurance. T-Mobile is $90 a month because you need jump to get the annual upgrades. T-mobile gives you the hotspot though and international usage both of which I never used and aren't worth $34 a month. My whole point here is it isn't just T-Mobile giving deals for me sprint was much cheaper. T-Mobile has raised prices this year but still gets praise about it... Both Services in Chicago work about the same from what I have noticed using both.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to n2jtx

the sad thing is no company will tie a CEO to the success of the company. meaning if the company goes down in flames so does the CEO pay.

Because no CEO would join a company where if it went into Chapt. 11 their golden parachute ceases to exist and if the numbers are down they do not get paid as much.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to LTE4LIFE

Those working in the C suites do plenty of work. Just because they are climbing poles or driving trucks doesn't mean they aren't helping the company prosper.

openbox9
Premium
Germany
reply to n2jtx

Well, he did successfully navigate to being mostly acquired. How much of his compensation accounts for that?

openbox9
Premium
Germany
reply to MDA

said by MDA:

At least T-Mobile has a "Nationwide" network..

It does? Driving around VA and TX suggest otherwise.

bigballer

@205.214.216.x
reply to thxultra
5 lines with Sprint is 225, 5 lines with tmobile is 110.

all lines have 1 gb per month data usage.

Neither includes phone subsidies or any extras.

Sprint charges extra if you go over, Tmobile doesn't.

Sprint's "BS" fees at the bottom of the bill are also considerably more than Tmobile's.

I'm only referring to the baseline 5 phone lines, no extras. Tmobile is less than half the price of sprint while giving you more perks such as tethering, international data, unlimited "throttled" data, and dare I say GSM phones are usually cheaper to buy off Craigslist/ebay than their CDMA counterparts.

scott2020

join:2008-07-20
MO
reply to MDA
T-Mobile's coverage is worse that Sprint's, and T's is mostly EDGE which in this day and age is pretty much useless.

But Sprint's 3G runs at less than EDGE speeds most of the time, so there's that...
--
+++ATH0

thxultra

@mooseintl.org
reply to bigballer
Yes cheaper if you have 5 phones. Sprint would be $125 on the framily plan (Cheapest rate $25 *5) though not $225. In my case were I only have one phone T-mobile is way more expensive ($30 a month more on just the plan). T-mobiles family plan requires all phones on the same bill were sprint lets each framily member get there own bill so people like me with only one phone can get the discount.

bigballer

@205.214.216.x
I miscalculated. For 5 lines, Sprint is 35 a line. 35*5=175. Still much more expensive than Tmobile's 5 line plan. And even Sprint's 125, if you have 7-10 lines in your framily plan, is still 15 dollars more expensive than tmobile's with less benefits. No tethering and no "unlimited" throttled data (that one is huge in my book) Sprint also keeps upping their "administrative fees". It's now $2.50 a line last I checked with more bogus fees.

And tmobile's prepaid $30 dollar plan 5 gb data, 100 minutes, unlimited texting is still the top prepaid plan out there.

Sprint's $45 dollar no data plan and their $60 dollar prepaid 2 gb plan is no where near as lucrative as tmobile's $30 dollar plan.

Sprint's framily plan is laughable. You made fun of tmobile for eliminating their corporate discounts, but sprint's discount only applies to the upgrades in data (i.e. going from 1 gb a month to 3 gb, that part of the bill is discounted only).

Also, Sprint also "locks" their phones (cough cough iphone cough cough)

Bill Van

join:2013-02-07
Norfolk, VA

Sprint's parent Softbank needs to sell Alibaba to fund Sprint

Softbank's is expected to reap a $30 Billion windfall if it sells it's stake in Alibaba after the IPO. Not bad from a $200 million investment by Softbanks CEO Son. Softbank needs to flood Sprint with a "Money's no Object" mentality so Sprint can turn thing around for good.

thxultra

@mooseintl.org
reply to bigballer

T-Mobile's plan also tops out at 5 lines were sprints tops out at 10. Funny you choose the cheapest plan on t-mobile to use for the argument. In your case you have to have all 5 of those phones on one bill. In my case where I have one phone T-Mobile is simply $30 a month more for unlimited service (no friends plan with t-mobile). Then try to use t-mobile in a building, call dropped so sorry. Good they unlock there phones so you can put in another carriers sim and actually get working service To each there own I guess my whole point is T-Mobile isn't the perfect carrier they are being shown as. I have had both Sprint and T-Mobile and I can say from actual experience apples for apples my service on sprint is $30 a month cheaper and my signal is stronger indoors.