dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-04-24 07:04:48: • As AT&T and Google push broadband adoption, the feds are non-players - Some question U.S. government efforts on digital inclusion, putting pressure on the private sector [computerworld. ..

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Suckers of NJ

"Today's ruling is great news for the state's consumers and builds upon the success of Opportunity New Jersey," Verizon said in a statement. "It brings certainty to the state's broadband market, giving Verizon New Jersey customers a request process to bring broadband to un-served communities.

Translation: "bitches, you got p0wn3d! You can't keep MaBell down. Eat 4G and our future cost increases!"

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

NJ Regulators Bought Out By Verizon

Ok Let me understand this: The NJ BPU agrees with Verizon that 4G is equal to FIOS or DSL?

Last I looked FIOS was about $80.00 month for100 x 20 with no real cap. 4G is $80.00 month for 20x10 (depending on where you live ) with a 20GB cap. May look equal from a stockholders point of view, but not mine.

DSL? 3.0 x 0.786 in most areas if you are lucky to be able to get it. Not even close to FIOS.

Other States: pay attention so this does not happen to you

"NJ, the Best Government Money Can Buy!"

el_huason
@verizon.net

el_huason

Anon

This is why I hate politicians. They only care about how much money they can get and advancing their careers; the people they 'represent' don't matter to them at all . And yes, I'm cursed by having only Verizon DSL (FIOS is a no show so far) and Charter as my real choices. Anything else doesn't count >;(

"Only two kinds of human beings can be trusted - dead and extinct. All others must be avoided at all costs" me.
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul

Re: FCC chairman says reports of net neutrality's death are 'flat out wrong'

In other words, all traffic will be treated equally, unless the provider pays more. Yup, sounds like the very definition of net neutrality to me...

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap

Premium Member

time to study Portugese

Click for full size
Ya know, I always liked Brazil. And lately relocation just keeps sounding better.

Mr Guy
@charter.com

Mr Guy

Anon

Ever notice the murder rate there? Makes Detroit look like sesame street.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to Rekrul

Premium Member

to Rekrul

Re: FCC chairman says reports of net neutrality's death are 'flat out wrong'

All traffic is equal.... but some traffic is more equal then others.