spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-04-24 09:21:45: As noted recently, some New Jersey locals have been annoyed that Verizon failed to adhere to a 1993 requirement that provided the company with subsidies and tax cuts in exchange for a promise to wire all of the state with 45 Mbps fixed-line broadband.. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon Online DSL

4 recommendations

Fuck

Really, that's all I can say. This is a disaster.

This government is truely in the hip-pocket of the corporations, while we the people continue to get ripped off for every penny.

Once again VZ wins the "Capped 4G LTE is grate" battle. It will never stop, will it!

Well, those of you who don't have FIOS now in NJ, you will NEVER see it. Thank your elected officials for throwing out the 1993 agreement. Cablevision and Comcast will love your wallet for a long time!

Meanwhile here in VA, the only thing that will bring FIOS to my town is the County demanding it by 2015, but even then I doubt it will actually happen and VZ will say "$g is greate.! OR Just use comcast "

(hand rubbing intensifies)

karpodiem
Hail to The Victors
Premium
join:2008-05-20
Detroit, MI

1 recommendation

This behavior won't change

Until someone goes to jail, which will never happen. This is why people (eventually) take to the streets.

Sing it, Eddy -

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPk5IUbdH0

TAZ

join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ
kudos:3

2 recommendations

So how's this work for everyone else?

So can I go rob a Verizon store, get arrested, then have a bunch of my friends send letters to the prosecutor in support of my release (no need to disclose their relation to me, of course!)? Hmm, something tells me that wouldn't turn out very well...

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

3 recommendations

reply to Zenit

Re: Fuck

Fucking bullshit. These regulators and politicians are BEYOND ridiculous.

karpodiem
Hail to The Victors
Premium
join:2008-05-20
Detroit, MI

2 recommendations

reply to TAZ

Woosh

The point is that when you and I do it, we go to jail. When Verizon does it, nothing happens.

"You come to us today on your bicycle, after buying Girl Scout cookies, and helping out mother Teresa, telling us 'we're sorry. We won't do it again,' " Rep. Michael Capuano, D.-Mass., ranted at the stone-faced octet. "Well, I have some people in my constituency that actually robbed some of your banks, and they say the same thing."

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

2 recommendations

Their CEO should be fired

This is called corruption, and if any kickbacks or bribes were involved or if any money was exchanged for the deal then someone should be going to jail.

Maybe it will take a judge to get them to follow through on their obligations. Unfortunately it takes thousands of dollars in legal fees to take on a multimillion dollar corporation.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:4

4 recommendations

Fascism at its finest

Consolidation of power between the government and corporate America.

Mussolini would be proud.

Blob
--
Don't try to follow me, I have a cab waiting. EEEEEEEEradicator!

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online

New Jersey sucks anyway

What did people from the garden state expect?

In all seriousness...... Big money at work.... Not surprised at all.....

Next stop.... New York City.... Let's see if De Blasio has the balls to tell Verizon to suck a fucking nut and finish it.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Their CEO should be fired

But this is a win for the shareholders, He will probably get a nice bonus out of this.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Zenit

said by Zenit:

Really, that's all I can say. This is a disaster.

This government is truely in the hip-pocket of the corporations, while we the people continue to get ripped off for every penny.

Once again VZ wins the "Capped 4G LTE is grate" battle. It will never stop, will it!

Well, those of you who don't have FIOS now in NJ, you will NEVER see it. Thank your elected officials for throwing out the 1993 agreement. Cablevision and Comcast will love your wallet for a long time!

Meanwhile here in VA, the only thing that will bring FIOS to my town is the County demanding it by 2015, but even then I doubt it will actually happen and VZ will say "$g is greate.! OR Just use comcast "

(hand rubbing intensifies)

I'm certainly glad Verizon started wiring up my Northern VA county in 2007(Prince William County) for FiOS. Later this Summer I will have been with FiOS for seven years.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

1 recommendation

reply to CXM_Splicer

quote:
But this is a win for the shareholders, He will probably get a nice bonus out of this.
As a shareholder this is not a win at all. I'd rather them spend the $$ and have a customer for life (as in, we're the only option in rural areas) rather than nothing.

Rural users want broadband. They don't want limited, expensive junk with caps which is what their wireless offering is. Homefusion is crazy expensive vs FIOS or even cable.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
If the CEO was smart, he could just spin off the wireline division into a new company (FiOS and all).

If it still makes them money they'll keep it. People still keep home phones for various reasons. And then there is the lucrative business market that relies on the wireline division. Most businesses I go in (I would say 99 percent of them) have a landline phone sitting on the desk/counter/wall. And most businesses have fax machines as well.

Even the new Chick-Fil-A that opened in February has a landline phone sitting behind the counter.

Maybe their residential landlines are being cut but businesses have landline phones left and right.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to ITALIAN926

Don't blame them. Blame the morons who keep electing these jackasses.

battleop

That promise is old enough to drink...

Why in the hell did they let this ride for 21 years? I thought my town was corrupt...

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to aaronwt

They started in Loudoun County in 2005, but did a half assed job and ignored the western side of the county entirely, excluding 1-2 subdivisions that were wired recently due to new construction and not enough copper.

I would be surprised if a FIOS deployment actually covers 100% of any VZ wirecenter (area served by a central office). They are known to skip streets without any reason, or whole towns.

Northern VA is lucky, it got a relatively dense FIOS deployment overall, as the rest of VA got barely anything, not counting Richmond or VA Beach. And even then, the deployment is sporadic.

ncsupcc

@rr.com
reply to Zenit
Corporate thug life at its finest.

yongar

join:2000-12-08
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Zenit
it is so true that it is much cheaper for a big company to lobby.

rocco s

@comcast.net
reply to battleop
The BPU is appointed not elected

Derpy

@24.104.140.x

1 recommendation

reply to battleop
When all the options are corrupted, there is no choice.

FastiBook

join:2003-01-08
Newtown, PA
reply to battleop
Who do you think ignorant, misinformed populace being fed by misinformation campaigns would elect? The honest candidate, or the one feeding them the lies?
--
LETS GO METS!

FastiBook

join:2003-01-08
Newtown, PA

A joke.

And we're the punchline.
--
LETS GO METS!

rollinraver

join:2002-04-27
Buffalo, NY

Your complaints and anger...

Are best served in your politician's face as opposed to here. If you leave government the same, you always will get the same response.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to IowaCowboy

Actually you have no way to tell if the phone in an overrated chicken joint is POTS or VOIP. I would not be surprised if that place just has a data line coming in and everything goes out over that.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

battleop

reply to FastiBook

Now days it's who we've promises them the path to prosperity via the easy path. Why wouldn't you want to elect Obamaclaus.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to karpodiem

Re: Woosh

said by karpodiem:

The point is that when you and I do it, we go to jail. When Verizon does it, nothing happens.

Corporations are people too - according to the USSC and most Rethuglicans.

So, somebody should hire a shyster and figure out the law that lets 'We, the People' (what a quaint notion these days, isn't it?)(tm) take The Board of Public Utilities to court to overturn the decision. Then, once the decision is overturned, Verizon's fat corporate/person ass becomes the target.

Since the case IS in the public interest, 'We, the People' (what a quaint notion these days, isn't it?)(tm) should be able to argue that costs should not be awarded in the event 'We, the People' (yadda yaddayadda) lose.

*'We, the People' (what a quaint notion these days, isn't it?) is a registered trademark of Maynard G. Krebs Enterprises (Panama) Limited. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Probitas

@teksavvy.com

RICO

Mail fraud, if they include email. Collusion to conspire to defraud. Looks like they never had any intention of following through, just wanted a quick buck to pad stock value and have the taxpayer take the hit in the wallet. Rich get richer, poor get poorer.

At what point do people finally take to the streets and demand accountability from their elected officials, and those that appoint the rest?

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to Kearnstd

quote:
Actually you have no way to tell if the phone in an overrated chicken joint is POTS or VOIP. I would not be surprised if that place just has a data line coming in and everything goes out over that.
And it all has to terminate at the POTS somewhere somehow....

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to FastiBook

Re: A joke.

Only one laughing is Verizon.

NJVZCustomer

@verizon.net

NJ customer

wow. but hey guess what as#*oles!? my contract is up in 5 days and guess who is going to get the ax? yes, you verizon. Since you're stealing some of my tax dollars.. i have no choice but to recover them by cutting out some unnecessary services.. like you.

s0m3f00l

join:2014-04-25
USA

Not Shocking at all....

Come on guys..... take it to the State Senators of NJ. Be a force stop laying down and taking it...

»www.njleg.state.nj.us/districts/···bers.asp