spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-05-07 18:34:28: The cable industry has used their "TV Everywhere initiative" to try and make existing customers less likely to cut the cord, by ramping up the ways users can consume TV content over PCs, tablets and smartphones. ..

komcast

@50.162.121.x

renting

Why would you rent a dvr if all the shows are available online?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

I'm not one of those. . . . .

willing to pay $60/mo plus overages to watch TV on a dinky 4" screen.
--
Despises any post with strings.

Weenus

@208.54.40.x
reply to komcast

Re: renting

All the shows are not online. A lot of the On Demand or "Everywhere" programming has ads that are not skippable. The TV Everywhere video quality is almost always noticeable inferior as well.

jp16

join:2010-05-04
united state

Never heard of TV Anywhere....

I never hear about TV Anywhere so I checked it out. My provider is not supported (Charter). The drop down provider list appears to only have regional/local providers. No wonder no one knows about it....

simlesa
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Astoria, NY
You are probably looking at the wrong place.

Visit: »connect.charter.com/futuretv/

and click on the "TV Anywhere" link on the right.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Weenus

Re: renting

Yes, "Commercials Everywhere", is what it should be called. Although that would be generous, as Comcast does their best to make sure they have been paid before allowing this service to work on any device, such as a Roku. Gotta get their money for equipment rentals. I'm flabbergasted that the peak consumer acceptance has not already been achieved, and they can keep asking for rate increases. X1? People, please.

jeff17

join:2000-12-11
US

move along, nothing to see here

"4% of cable consumers know their login information" says the company trying to sell a secure hosting, streaming and management software platform. I bet they have a solution for this!

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

at some point ...

Raising the question, how much TV is too much? At some point shouldn't you just go outside and play? Pet the dog, dig the garden, talk to a friend in person?

Stuff like TV Everywhere always reminds me of The Matrix.

lisster

join:2009-01-13
Las Vegas, NV

Maybe because it's NOT everywhere.

I can't watch my directv "everywhere" unless im on the same WIFI as my DVR. Thats kinda stupid. Pretty much the only place i cannot see a TV is in the bathroom :P
So it's of no use to me.
Netflix however i CAN watch anywhere on my ipad.

It's also horribly bad quality if i do use it. It constantly tells me my internet speeds are to slow...yeah right.
netflix has no problem showing me HD content..