spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-05-15 10:47:08: Regardless of how the FCC votes today on Tom Wheeler's highly-criticized net neutrality rules, the agency has promised that they'll continue to field public comment on the scope and specificity of the rules. ..

shpatb

join:2013-07-16

Very Easy

Just used the tool and it took me less than a minuet to send a letter.

FCCemail

@50.182.54.x

EFF tool ok if you agree with them

If you agree with the cut and paste EFF comments on net neutrality, then their tool is fine.

But it is VERY easy to send your own comments to the FCC on the subject by directing an email to the following email address using any email program:

openinternet@fcc.gov

Just copy the above email addr in to the TO: field of any email pgm.

FCCemail

@50.182.54.x
said by FCCemail :

If you agree with the cut and paste EFF comments on net neutrality, then their tool is fine.

But it is VERY easy to send your own comments to the FCC on the subject by directing an email to the following email address using any email program:

openinternet@fcc.gov

Just copy the above email addr in to the TO: field of any email pgm.

PS. Include your name & addr in the body of the email with your comments for your message to be considered.

TheKrell

join:2003-12-07
Fairfax, VA

Name and address?

The EFF tool forces you to put your name and full address into the respective fields, before it will allow you to submit the form. It furthermore states that submissions are a matter of public record and will be available on the FCC website tomorrow. Isn't that kind of dangerous to publish our full names and full addresses in this very public place?

FCCemail

@50.182.54.x
said by TheKrell:

The EFF tool forces you to put your name and full address into the respective fields, before it will allow you to submit the form. It furthermore states that submissions are a matter of public record and will be available on the FCC website tomorrow. Isn't that kind of dangerous to publish our full names and full addresses in this very public place?

Then don't send a comment. They don't accept anonymous comments because then they would be flooded by computer driven mass emailings that would just be ignored.

Are you sure the names and addresses will be displayed as well as the comments.

TheKrell

Fairfax, VA
I am hoping "No". But the EFF tool makes it sound like the entire submission will be up on the FCC website tomorrow. I'll try to find an example from submissions yesterday, and see if that's the case.

TheKrell

Fairfax, VA
For the email address, the FCC website says this:

Note: You will be filing a document into an official FCC proceeding. All information submitted, including names and addresses, will be publicly available via the web.

Hell and damnation. I really want to submit a comment. And I don't care if the FCC knows who and where I am. But I sure as heck don't want to put my full name and address on the FCC website.

TestBoy
Premium
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·tw telecom

This means caps.

Wheeler has just gone on about what bandwidth a consumer has paid for....
This means..since [insert provider here] cannot under these proposed rules charge someone like Netflix, they will simply raise the customers rates and impose caps.

I guarantee that everyone enforces them now.

FCCemail

@50.182.54.x
reply to TheKrell

Re: Name and address?

The Proceeding for open internet can be found here and the comments can be seen along with name & address:
»apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceeding/view?name=14-28

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

FCC Votes To Kill Net Neutrality

It's happened. The Washington Post just reported the bad news: »www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the···omboNE_b .

The Internet; it was a nice idea while it lasted.

Anno

@68.62.236.x

Your name and address are already public records

You do know that if you own a house or any property your name and address are already public record right?

And even if you don't plenty of other things make your name and address public records.

Name, Phone, Address and e-mail are not considered PII and are all subject to public disclosure from anything to applying for a fishing license to owning a home or married or any other number of things.

How do you think you get junk mail/advertisements? mailing lists, which are public and sold in bulk.
How do you think most those background places that charge a few bucks work? The mine public sources to gain your information.

It's all dumb, we get no privacy in this country anymore.

On the flip side, just submit the FCC info with some random name/address if you really want.

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

1 edit

Name and Address

Whenever you submit a petition to the government or public comment, it becomes a matter of public record including your name and address so that people can see that

a) you are a legitimate person and not just some fictitious name.
b) you care enough about your well thought out submission to stand behind it.
c) insert your favorite reason here, there are hundreds.

If you go through the effort of writing a well thought out, reasoned and written comment you should be PROUD to have your name associated with it.This is not like signing the Declaration of Independence, the guys that did THAT put their necks into a noose, but aren't you glad they did?

People really need to drop their paranoia and grow a pair and start standing up for what's right in this country, or this country is doomed! The Boogie Man is NOT going to come get you if your name and address appear on the Internet.
--
"when the people have suffered many abuses under the control of a totalitarian leader, they not only have the right but the duty to overthrow that government." - The U.S. Declaration of Independence

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
reply to FCCemail

Re: EFF tool ok if you agree with them

you mean, so they can send you an auto reply and ignore your email? Send it directly to the FCC staff emails too. They started this email to try and keep their own inboxes clear.

Chubbysumo

Superior, WI
reply to FCCemail

what says they are not ignoring these comments and everything going to that email now?

Chubbysumo

Superior, WI

Too bad its too late

the FCC already moved forward with the vote, and the proposed rules were voted in favor of.

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TestBoy

Re: This means caps.

If they can not sustain the cost of the network on a flat rate then yes... charge higher bandwidth rates, it's what a true market does. Not this propped up by robbing peter to pay paul type of atmosphere we have now.

If comcast and others can't make money on a $50 connection then charge more and let the market sort out who gets the money. Right now they use the $50 + $24 + $2 +$6 type bill instead of just saying it's $82 for your connection.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

join:2000-10-10
Decatur, GA
reply to TheKrell

Someone can get your name and address from a phone book, online data consolidator, and a million other places, so what's the big deal?

TSWYO
Premium
join:2003-05-03
Cheyenne, WY
reply to FCCemail

Re: EFF tool ok if you agree with them

Yes, I have submitted comments before and when searching my name in Google, it did bring up my comments along with my contact information. Small price to pay and I have never been bothered by it.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to Chubbysumo

Re: Too bad its too late

Too late, the lobbyists have already paid off all those involved.