spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-05-23 14:19:29: "Freemium" wireless carrier FreedomPop announced this week they've officially made the switch over to Sprint's LTE network, and will now be supporting LTE devices including the Samsung Victory, Galaxy S3, and the Galaxy S4 (the full device lineup is .. ..

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Miami, FL
kudos:1

Ghetto PoP

No thanks I will stick to a regular phone plan.

bmccoy

join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

Meh...

I live in an area where there there isn't any WiMax coverage, but there is 3G and LTE coverage. The only LTE hotspot FreedomPop offers is $200.00, so no thanks. I'll just stick with my 3G/WiMax Overdrive Pro for now on the 5.00 plan for 3G access.

xthepeoplesx

join:2013-10-21

Cant sign up...

They dont offer it in my area yet they say. I currently have sprint but I was going to goto T-Mobile but for 20$, I might do this for a bit.

symbiance

join:2012-06-03
Ambridge, PA
reply to bmccoy

Re: Meh...

No one should have wimax coverage, I thought sprint decommissioned it?

symbiance

Ambridge, PA
reply to xthepeoplesx

Re: Cant sign up...

Upp wireless is ran as a tmobile MVNO, its cheaper and gives you the same stuff.

bmccoy

join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA
reply to symbiance

Re: Meh...

Not yet, but they will decommission it sometime in 2015.

tabernak

join:2013-08-10

For rural users on fixed wireless, might be good

I don't know of anywhere else you can get unlimited 3g for $20 bucks, of course Sprint's coverage in the rural areas isn't great. Could be a good complimentary service to something like Verizon's Home Fusion and At&t's service.

xthepeoplesx

join:2013-10-21
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to symbiance

Interesting!!! So it appears to be 35$ for unlimited(4g 3gig). Not sure what it goes down to after that, but 35$ is more than 20$ but also a fantastic deal. Why have I never heard of these guys? Also its 10$ for a sim card but you can bring your own device...

moodydan

join:2013-01-03
Gate City, VA

Republic Wireless

Honestly if you want Sprint 3G and/or LTE you are better off using Republic Wireless. They only offer two phones but they are pretty good phones and of course have the advantage of using wifi for a call if you have little to no coverage at your house. The 3G plan is $25 a month for Unlimited Calling/TXT and 5 GB of 3G data, the $40 plan is the same plan but gives you 5 GB of LTE data. Personally you can't beat there no contract Moto X for $300 and $40 a month for Unlimited Calling/Texting plus 5 GB a month of LTE cellular data.

Rob
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

AT&T Mobile Share

With AT&T's new Mobile Share plans that include tethering, the need for FreedomPop for me is no longer needed. I was only using it occasionally when the Internet at the house was out, but now I can just tether my phone and get the same faster speeds.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

refurb1

@67.208.183.x
Watch out for the FreedomPop deal,, ALL PHONES ARE REFURBS!

broadbandmav

join:2014-01-08
New Rochelle, NY
reply to moodydan

Re: Republic Wireless

No MMS may be a deal-breaker for some

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105

guess they don't ever want my business

FreedomPoP nonworking qualification widget
What's one of the first things we see on their home page? Why, a "see if it's available in your area" widget of course. But if they're unwilling to take perfectly valid inputs, I guess I can't depend on how else they'll be screwey. No, thanks, I'll pass.
--
English is a difficult enough language to interpret correctly when its rules are followed, let alone when a writer chooses not to follow those rules.

Jeopardy! replies and randomcaps REALLY suck!

symbiance

Ambridge, PA
reply to xthepeoplesx

They have a $15 a month plan that has unlimited talk/text and 1gb internet. The thing is you make calls and texts through there app which is voip but dont count towards your usage

baysoor

join:2002-03-12
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Does Sprint throttle MVNOs

Some customer service rep. told me that Sprint throttles MVNOs.

Sprint itself sucks in the Bay area, (I have not found anybody that gives consistent 4G LTE), so I would prefer paying less to them for the same bad service but does it suck even more for FreedomPop?

kieranmullen
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Portland, OR
reply to rchandra

Re: guess they don't ever want my business

It may not be programmed to deny + gmail addresses, however it just may not me programmed to accepted characters in the email address. Who else does this?
--
Make your voip number accessible to sipbroker.com and free worldwide call in numbers

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
The point is, if they can't be bothered figure out what constitutes a perfectly legal address, I probably don't want to do business with them. Addresses should not be rejected because they contain unconventional characters, or unexpected amount of domain labels (it's actually been suggested that the domain for my email, because it's a three label domain under .us, is not acceptable), or whatnot. My suggestion would be to follow the RFCs and not some corrupted notion of them. It may be a bit more complex than this, but anything to the left of "@" is domain-specific and should be neither tampered with nor interpreted. It should be an opaque token which is passed unaltered. There are extremely few restrictions on what that may contain, and I'm reasonably certain "+" is not one of those prohibitions. Based on that I'm also annoyed at servers which have been programmed to "think" that upper-casing the LHS is acceptable.
--
English is a difficult enough language to interpret correctly when its rules are followed, let alone when a writer chooses not to follow those rules.

Jeopardy! replies and randomcaps REALLY suck!