spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-06-07 08:00:41: Have a blast in the comment section below. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next

Toguro

join:2003-10-23
Chicago, IL

Merry Christmas

Lone Wolf
Almost Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1

Google released Android 4.4.3 OTA update to some devices yesterday. It's a minor update.

My Nexus 10 was one. Woot!

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

Yard sale weekend!

It's yard sale weekend.

Selling a bunch of stuff.

Already sold a bike.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by diablo1892:

Already sold a bike.

Was it yours? or is somebody walking home.

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

Was an old mountain(i think) walmart bike. Brakes work fine, gears work, tires, spokes, reflectors, all fine however it cannot be rode. I was out somewhere (far from home) and i was climbing a hill and my gears were too high so i tried to get them to come back down when i lost all that speed i had before i came up to the hill and all the sudden BANG!! pushed it all the way back home, 3 miles. Got back home, toke the back tire off, toke the gears off and we found a big problem. The bolt that holds everything into place had bent when i had the gear up too high and it gave.

I don't recommend walmart bikes but the parts can be salvageable if it were to come to this.
--
I hope your reading this papap. You were as kind, sweet and easy going person I ever met.
You no longer have to suffer from all the pain you had when down here on earth.
I love you.

R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise 8/9/45-11/21/13

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium
join:2005-06-29
reply to Lone Wolf

Re: 4.4.3

I wish big red would quit monkeying around and give us kitkat for the note 2....

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09

Looking forward

I am looking forward to an update from IowaCowboy. He is the only one around here who posts interesting stuff in the weekend thread. I will take this over living vicariously through the Kardashians or some other reality tv family any day. You feel like family and I've never met you Cowboy.
--
isheavenforreal.com

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Does anyone really watch the KarTRASHians on TV anymore? I don't know about anyone else, but for some reason when the Kardashians get mentioned, I think of trash cans for some reason.

Iowacowboy always seem to have interesting update. The trash cans might be famous, and Iowacowboy might not be famous, but the posts from Iowacowboy is more interesting than what the Trash Cans did recently. I don't care what the latest stores, or place the Trash Cans shop or ate at, and I don't care about the Trash Cans daily BS life.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Wildstar online

A coworker sent me a code for a trial of this new wildstar game, but it doesnt seem to work. Anyone out there got a guests pass I could have?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Duramax08:

A coworker sent me ....

He just wanted to see you to stay inside ALL weekend messing with it.
Be bold, get outside.

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

Tim Mcgraw

I'm going to a Tim Mcgraw concert on Sunday!

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09

Not a country music fan but have been to a couple country concerts nonetheless. First one I ever went to was Tim McGraw who brought his hot wife with him. This was probably 15 years ago. I am sure you will enjoy.
--
isheavenforreal.com

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 edit

Now have two printers

Just bought an HP Envy 5530 mainly for printing photos and photocopying along with having a scanner. I also signed up for the new HP Instant Ink service $2.99/50 page per month service.

As for printing stuff off of the web that's what the laserjet is for. If you print stuff off of the web and it shoots out one line on the last page or a blank page it eats into your allowance.

Or if you print three lines on a label it counts as a page. But printing photos eats ink like an SUV eats gas so that's where the instant ink service is nice. I can print 8x10 photos and HP doesn't care.

I did read the terms, the fine print is you can't use it for a print or copy shop and it's not for public sector among other things.

Edit: Best Buy price matched Amazon, Best Buy was selling $129.99, Amazon was selling for $99.99 so I got it from Best Buy at the Amazon price.

They take good care of me at Best Buy as they know me at that particular store I shop at.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

Heading Down To NYC To Buy My Baby

Never thought I'd willingly go back to the New York City area, but can't find any of these Upstate in my price range, with the mileage I want, that is a color other then White Platinum and has a moonroof, so it's a 700 mile round trip road trip tomorrow to see what kind of pricing I can get on either of these two guys. I'm not 100% expecting to make a deal tomorrow, I need the dealership to drop the price considerably by giving me a generous trade in on the Aviator, but if it's close, I'll go for either one. Preferably the grey one, since it has half the mileage (15K vs 30K) but whatever.
--
Phil Robertson/Ted Nugent 2016
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA! - Hussein Obama 0, American Public 1
Repeal 0bamacare Now!/Marriage = Man + Woman

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

3 recommendations

An Observation ...

If Corporations are People ... they must procreate by screwing over us peons.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

I just put down my $100 deposit for a reservation on an....

Elio.

»www.eliomotors.com/

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to hayabusa3303

Haha. I'm still waiting for it on my i317. I don't really care since I'm running DN3 on it.

Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

Getting recipes for a charity ...

Right ... so I'm working with a non-profit to put together a charity cookbook, professionally printed/bound, etc. The company requires the submissions be snail-mailed, and I don't have a printer.

What do y'all think would be the best way to get them? My "thunk" is to rent a post office box as I surely do not want to give out my address. If they were emailed, I'd still have to (somehow) take them to a public location and have them printed at $1/page.

Ideas ???
--
Please support Great Lakes Bengal Rescue, 501c3 charity.

Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Lone Wolf

said by Lone Wolf:

Google released Android 4.4.3 OTA update to some devices yesterday. It's a minor update.

Any idea what's in the update ? Like maybe optimizing KitKat apps so they don't suck batteries dry ? Congrats on the update.

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
reply to Duramax08

Re: Wildstar online

I tried it for a few days during open beta. it doesn't seem to get interesting till level 20 (when you can raid and build a house), so unless you are really into that type of mmorpg, the trail may not be enough to get hooked.

edhalen
orange whip?
Premium
join:2002-05-16
Yorkville, IL

mmm....coffee

I love coffee.....
--
Peace

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
reply to aaronwt

Re: I just put down my $100 deposit for a reservation on an....

That looks really neat. Whats the wait time on one of those?

batman

@66.249.83.x

1 recommendation

D Day +1

Today 70 yrs ago my dad stepped on to the shores of Normandy. Luckily he missed the D Day carnage, but there was still plenty of danger. His unit lasted 2 months on the line of fire before being captured by German units. He spent the rest of the war in a prisoner of war camp in Germany. Last night during a family gathering we honored his service. He is still going strong at age 92 and still driving his car and living independently. They made them tough in those days.»www.loc.gov/vets/stories/ddayplus1.html

batman

@66.249.83.x
reply to Steve Mehs

Re: Heading Down To NYC To Buy My Baby

said by Steve Mehs:

Never thought I'd willingly go back to the New York City area, but can't find any of these Upstate in my price range, with the mileage I want, that is a color other then White Platinum and has a moonroof, so it's a 700 mile round trip road trip tomorrow to see what kind of pricing I can get on either of these two guys. I'm not 100% expecting to make a deal tomorrow, I need the dealership to drop the price considerably by giving me a generous trade in on the Aviator, but if it's close, I'll go for either one. Preferably the grey one, since it has half the mileage (15K vs 30K) but whatever.

Those Lincoln Navigators are huge SUVs. But worth it if you need to haul lots of people or cargo. Good luck.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

1 recommendation

reply to diablo1892

Re: Yard sale weekend!

said by diablo1892:

The bolt that holds everything into place had bent when i had the gear up too high and it gave.

Why didn't you just buy a new bolt? Even if you didn't want to ride it anymore, you could have made more money by selling it as a working bike.

Bachinator
Premium
join:2014-01-25
reply to Toguro

Re: Merry Christmas

.... and a Happy New Year!!!

Goliath2k
Premium
join:2013-12-28
united state
reply to aaronwt

Re: I just put down my $100 deposit for a reservation on an....

A coworker of mine is ordering one of those as well. I really wanna see it when he gets it...

Goliath2k
Premium
join:2013-12-28
united state
reply to Duramax08

I thought long and hard about getting into this game, but it'd be $100 for both me and my brother to get in, plus he didn't show much interest in it

* sigh * I wonder if a few months later I'll be kicking myself for not playing Wildstar before all the min-maxers got into it and figured everything out. Oh well, guess I'll play when it's free to play.

I hear almost nothing but good things about Wildstar, they say it's really challenging, but in a good way, not like a bang your head against the keyboard way, but in a "I gotta try harder!" way.

(lol funny avatar Duramax08!!)

tlbepson
Premium
join:2002-02-09
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Furrever Fur

Re: Getting recipes for a charity ...

>>furreverfur: Ideas ???

Use another printing company...'-}}

There are any number of printing companies out there that you can email your stuff to. Check out the following--based on recommendations from a post at »desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/ where I sysop:

Short-run:
»www.thomsonshore.com/

Print On Demand:
»www.createspace.com/

»www1.ingramspark.com/

»www.lulu.com/

»www.blurb.com/

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
reply to Goliath2k

Tera Online went free to play within a year, and both games are from the same company, so hopefully it will go sub free by year end, and open a new server so we can start over together. Tera Online has similar game play mechanics, and you can find it on sale for $15 now. the major thing Wildstar has over Tera is player and alliance owned and modified real estate, while Tera has much better eye candy - Tera is magical Anime and Wildstar is steampunk Disney.

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next