dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-06-10 16:17:38: Not too surprisingly, lawyer and telecom consumer advocate Susan Crawford isn't too impressed with Sprint's attempt to acquire T-Mobile. Crawford has annoyed all the right people the last year or two in her criticism of the uncompetitive U.S. ..

prev · 1 · 2
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno

T-Mobile has a decent prepaid plan...

which I hope doesn't go away, perfect for occasional cell phone users like me--I have a POTS landline at home and a phone at my desk, plus I'm in my early 50s and single so I don't need a 95 dollar/month monkey on my back smartphone.
Instead I got into their 100 bucks for 1000 minutes plan where you can use them over a year, with no BS "per day you use it" charges, and if you buy a minimum amount more of minutes at the year mark you can roll over unused minutes.
Also use their prepaid mobile broadband which gives me 3 GB for 20/month and use it with my iPod Touch and Nexus 7. It's a great value.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi to cb14

Premium Member

to cb14

Re: No

If you are in a market where T-Mobile is crap and Sprint isn't (which is more areas than you think) then there are still reasons to be a Sprint customer. Still cheaper than VZW and AT&T.
graycorgi

graycorgi to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan

Re: Network Vision still going?

T-Mobile is still HSPA or EDGE here (mostly EDGE). Sprint has LTE everywhere here. T-Mobile's upgrades are a joke depending on where you live. The same can be said about Sprint, but let's not pretend that T-Mobile's upgrades are going so much better or quicker when they are clearly not. We were just out today and my friend couldn't get over 1mbps on HSPA with T-Mobile. I was getting 10mbps on Sprint LTE, which is not great, but also way better than T-Mobile anywhere in this area.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to elray

to elray

Re: Not impressed either, but if Crawford thinks its wrong...

You're one to speak.
sonicmerlin

sonicmerlin to swintec

to swintec

Re: Network Vision still going?

Do you work for sprint?
sonicmerlin

sonicmerlin to graycorgi

to graycorgi
Why is 10 Mbps on a wireless connection "not great"...? You planning on streaming 4K Netflix or something?

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to sonicmerlin

Premium Member

to sonicmerlin
said by sonicmerlin:

Do you work for sprint?

No.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to Jon Geb

to Jon Geb

Re: We need 3 equal footed carriers

3 carriers would just collude. The evidence in numerous other countries speaks for itself.
prev · 1 · 2