spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-06-24 17:50:38: Yesterday Sprint held a media day to announce numerous things, including their reborn thirty day money back guarantee, additional LTE markets, and the deployment of "HD Voice" across the company's entire footprint. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC
kudos:1

Impressive Sprint....

Impressive stuff Sprint...

Would you hurry up and officially launch LTE/Spark in DC already?
Overall, the Spark deployment needs to be accelerated.

Here's hoping the next iPhone supports Spark...

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09

8T8R

8T8R equipment is a large contingent of what is providing B41 LTE. The rest is provided by dual mode wimax gear. It is not just a Chicago thing.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09

1 recommendation

Spark

Expand Spark and launch more LTE markets and forget T-Mobile. 4 competitors is good for everyone. I really hope this merger fails.
--
isheavenforreal.com

TAZ

join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ
kudos:3
reply to IPPlanMan

Re: Impressive Sprint....

Soon! :P

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
Know something we don't?

i2Fuzzy

join:2009-02-25
Fort Worth, TX
reply to Oedipus

Re: 8T8R

Dual-mode WiMax gear is being replaced as well, but sites without any B41 get priority.

8T8R antennas are going to be the standard for B41 deployment.
--
Ali
Check Point Certified Security Expert

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to IPPlanMan

said by IPPlanMan:

Impressive stuff Sprint...

Would you hurry up and officially launch LTE/Spark in DC already?
Overall, the Spark deployment needs to be accelerated.

Here's hoping the next iPhone supports Spark...

They still don't have LTE in a place the other 3 have had it for some time now. It's like they hate the area even though they have a sprint store there and T-Mobile doesn't.

I wish they would put it all into spark than trying to rid them self's of T-Mobile so badly but oh well guess that's what a poorly run business does.

TAZ

join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ
kudos:3
reply to IPPlanMan
Yes, the best network ever is coming soon!

(Seriously, no. I hope you get it. :P)

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to biochemistry

Re: Spark

said by biochemistry:

Expand Spark and launch more LTE markets and forget T-Mobile. 4 competitors is good for everyone. I really hope this merger fails.

+1

I agree, hope both to still be here 2015 and beyond.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
reply to why60loss

There are T-Mobile stores in DC.

Yes, the other three carriers have had LTE here for sometime now.

join:2014-05-06
USA
reply to biochemistry

said by biochemistry:

Except a sizable portion of the US doesn't have 4 or even 3 competitors. And that's the problem. A merger would actually give most Americans 3 TRUE nationwide carriers not 2 nationwide carriers and 2 quasi ones.

3 TRUE nationwide carriers > 2 nationwide and 2 quasi nationwide carriers. FACT.

pjsutton

join:2013-06-25
Kempton, PA
reply to IPPlanMan

Most of the delays are due to problems getting backhaul. Slow and steady, it's happening!

Check out S4GRU.com for a wealth of information... not run by Sprint, but chock full of stuff!

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..

1 recommendation

reply to 78036364

said by 78036364:

said by biochemistry:

Except a sizable portion of the US doesn't have 4 or even 3 competitors. And that's the problem. A merger would actually give most Americans 3 TRUE nationwide carriers not 2 nationwide carriers and 2 quasi ones.

3 TRUE nationwide carriers > 2 nationwide and 2 quasi nationwide carriers. FACT.

Can you please tell me how Sprint + T-Mobile would make a 3rd player with a much bigger footprint right away and that sprint with Softbank + tri-band couldn't do?

Fact 1: T-Mobile becoming part of sprint won't fix there bad network management.

fact 2: T-Mobile and sprint for the most part over lap tower wise right now so the two little foot prints will be one.

Fact 3: Unlimited data will die

Fact 4: Cost will go up

Fact 5: A lot of T-Mobile customers will fee to pre-paid and/or AT&T/Verizon.

Fact 6: There won't be 3 "true" nationwide carriers, there will be 2 and one that is a mix and mostly overlapping footprint because Softbank is sick of seeing T-Mobile gain 2.4mill customers every quarter when sprint is still bleeding them.

Fact 7: Sprint/Verizon and AT&T will then get to lock all phones down for good and put in place 3 year contracts like Canada.

Fact 8: I really don't get how sprint will be SO MUCH BETTER WITH SPENDING MONEY TO BUY T-MOBILE INSTEAD OF THERE OWN FREAKING NETWORK FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!

Fact 9: Really if AT&T couldn't buy T-Mobile to make it's self better than sprint/Softbank shouldn't get a free pass because of there own stupidity.

Fact 10: Lastly how will this help those on AT&T/Verizon get a better deal when all Softbank will do is make a "new" brand with $10 per GB plans just like the other two because they can.

I really don't get the pro T-Mobile sprint thing, but then again I was pro Comcast-Time warner cable deal but only because they don't really over lap and Comcast is better with speeds.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to pjsutton

said by pjsutton:

Most of the delays are due to problems getting backhaul. Slow and steady, it's happening!

Check out S4GRU.com for a wealth of information... not run by Sprint, but chock full of stuff!

I have been there and the city I am talking about isn't even on the list to get jack from sprint. Yet T-Mobile has even if it's not AT&T/Verizon level yet.

I keep hopping for sprint but they I just don't know. It's like they are Time warner cable with maxx. Only a hand full get the good stuff and the rest get total crap.

Also both are slow to upgrade so yep.

I think Sprints CEO needs to be fired and replaced with some one who wants to take speed upgrades to beyond 11. If sprint can't LTE the whole foot print before T-Mobile does in 2015 then they are a total fail. Really they would be due to how much Softbank backing they have were as DT really isn't even trying.

This post isn't because I hate sprint, its because I want them to speed it up. That's all, please before my Verizon unlimited data likely ends next year that is.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
reply to TAZ
Ha!

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
reply to pjsutton
I have. It says "NV Upgrades Languishing" for DC.
»s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-n···?p=22132

Ridiculous.

Who are they waiting on for backhaul? Comcast? Verizon? AT&T? Themselves?

Kniveton

join:2001-09-20
San Francisco, CA

What about hotspots?

I have a Sprint 3g/4g MiFi hotspot, along with a grandfathered unlimited 3G/unlimited 4G business plan for $50/month.

What are the chances I'll be able to transition to unlimited 4G LTE hotspot? Sprint doesn't seem to have any idea other than saying there are no unlimited 4G hotspot plans. Will there be a transition for grandfathered plans?

DarnellP

join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV
reply to why60loss

For you to claim 10 "facts", I don't see one actual fact on your list.

existenz

join:2014-02-12
kudos:2
reply to why60loss

Incorrect...
»sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprin···10sprint

However they need 800LTE broadly to give it more depth.

existenz

Reviews:
·Google Fiber

1 recommendation

reply to why60loss
Sprint LTE...
»sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprin···10sprint

Tmobile LTE...
»sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/T-Mob···coverage

Sprint has breadth, Tmob has depth.

existenz

Reviews:
·Google Fiber

1 recommendation

reply to DarnellP

Sprint has roaming partners that Tmobiile doesn't have in rural areas, even LTE now. The merger should not happen. Sprint could easily get back on its feet if Son would focus on completing Spark rollout nationwide (every single cell site, w/800LTE) rather than wasting time on Tmob.

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Kniveton

Re: What about hotspots?

said by Kniveton:

What are the chances I'll be able to transition to unlimited 4G LTE hotspot? Sprint doesn't seem to have any idea other than saying there are no unlimited 4G hotspot plans. Will there be a transition for grandfathered plans?

I'd say it's pretty doubtful. I'm kind of in the same boat with my Clearwire hotspot.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
reply to DarnellP

It's common sense. Much easier for 3 competitors to collude. Imagine if sprint spent the $40 billion they want to spent on t-mobile instead on their network.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
reply to 78036364
Fact. Over half the country has access to all 4 carriers.
--
isheavenforreal.com

USA
said by biochemistry:

Fact. Over half the country has access to all 4 carriers.

Great and the other half? They should just go fuck themselves? How about 95% have access to 3 carriers?

USA
reply to existenz
Not in my area.

USA
reply to sonicmerlin
said by sonicmerlin:

It's common sense. Much easier for 3 competitors to collude. Imagine if sprint spent the $40 billion they want to spent on t-mobile instead on their network.

And then the government can step in. Fact is T-Mobile isn't a REAL threat to at&t and Verizon and won't ever be. 30% of the country can't get Mobile this is why at&t and Verizon only have to make modest changes. They can split that 30%. Even if T-Mobile had 40% of the market where they have service they would still be behind at&t and Verizon in total number of customers. And T-Mobile will never come close to 40%.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
said by 78036364:

said by sonicmerlin:

And then the government can step in. Fact is T-Mobile isn't a REAL threat to at&t and Verizon and won't ever be. 30% of the country can't get Mobile this is why at&t and Verizon only have to make modest changes. They can split that 30%. Even if T-Mobile had 40% of the market where they have service they would still be behind at&t and Verizon in total number of customers. And T-Mobile will never come close to 40%.

The government??????????????????????????????????

I ask again, how is sprint going to be better off if all the customers jump ship?

T-Mobile covers %96 of the US pop so really only 2-4% get screwed right now.

T-Mobile will likely take #3 spot in customer count next counting Sprints ongoing customer bleeding and T-mobiles best in class gains.

Also I will be on T-Mobile if/when Verizon take's my unlimited data away. Sprint well they have things to do like start NV in the city I am near.

Just look up north and come back to me how well the government dealt with it.

jagged

join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL

6-15Mbps?

what? I get that on my GS2 HSPA+ with T-Mobile

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to pjsutton

said by pjsutton:

Yes and good stuff you need to donate for. Plus warning: never ever say anything negative about Spint if you post there.
Does have useful info but as said if have nothing niceto say just lurk.