dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-06-26 10:21:55: AMC is cooking up a new subscription-based Internet video platform, notes Bloomberg. ..

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

3 recommendations

newview

Premium Member

C'mon AMC ... be a leader.

I don't want additional fluff content available through the Internet ... I want EXISTING content, devoid of commercials and not dependent on an existing pay-TV subscription available through the Internet for a FAIR price. I want individual shows and NO bundles. I want to pick and choose WHAT I want, and watch it WHEN I want.

Cut out the CableMafia middleman.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Is this the network

That constantly shows Die Hard?
Who in their right mind would give money to stream AMC's limited, repetitive movies?

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

52 apps on the

smartTV to choose from!
existenz
join:2014-02-12

1 recommendation

existenz

I've got electric light. And I've got second sight. And amazing powers of observation. And that is how I know When I try to get through On the telephone to you

There'll be nobody home.

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502 to newview

to newview

Re: C'mon AMC ... be a leader.

Content providers are walking a tightrope between them and what I call re-sellers of content.

1. Sell all of your content over the internet and risk ticking off your re-seller? I think not.

karpodiem
Hail to The Victors
Premium Member
join:2008-05-20
Troy, MI

karpodiem to newview

Premium Member

to newview
what you're describing is Netflix's original content.
DigitalManny
join:2014-01-08
Glendale, CA

1 recommendation

DigitalManny

So I have to pay for it when I am subscribed to AMC

Yeah, no thanks this should be included for customers who also get on AMC on cable, I know it is not the same as AMC on the Go but no one is going to pay extra for the internet version.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc

Premium Member

Turner has all the good movies

AMC has the leftovers.

They can keep their service. And their commercials.

davidc502
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502 to karpodiem

to karpodiem

Content providers like ABC,NBC,CBS,AMC -- Resellers like Comcast,TW,DirectTV etc.

Netflix is a reseller, but they do have some original content like Orange is the new Black and the House of Cards.
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to newview

to newview
Doesn't AMC put their shows up on Itunes so you can pay by the episode? (commercial free?). I agree with you that it would be cool of AMC did it directly, cut out apples fee, and sold them for less... but many shows are available on Itunes as standalone or season pack purchases.

It's too bad itunes is so annoying

fiosultimate
join:2014-06-09
San Antonio, TX

fiosultimate

news? !?

In related news rob kardashian is doing drugs

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to newview

Premium Member

to newview

you want too much. none of that will happen.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to newview

to newview
The cable industry is not the problem.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned) to newview

to newview
said by newview:

I don't want additional fluff content available through the Internet ... I want EXISTING content, devoid of commercials and not dependent on an existing pay-TV subscription available through the Internet for a FAIR price.

What do you deem a fair price? Too many people want content sans commercials for basically free. Not reality. Considering AMC charges $4 per episode for their new shows on Amazon or iTunes sans commercials do the math.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

1 recommendation

newview

Premium Member

I get Netflix AND Amazon Prime content with NO commercials for about $16.00 a month. $8 to $10 a month seems a fair price to me.

I could care less if much of the Netflix & Amazon Prime content is 2-5 years old. It's brand new to me. A five year old HBO series on Prime is light years better than ANYTHING where 20 minutes out of every hour is advertising ... and the content itself is staged and directed to "dramatically" apex just at that commercial break. This coupled with the constant barrage of scrolling, dancing, distracting CRAP at the bottom of the screen DURING the show is exactly what drove me to cut the cord.

The current content designed for commercial & advertisement delivery is garbage. Period.

davidc502
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

^^^^^ Absolutely