spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-07-01 08:50:11: Mobile operators in the UK could be forced to share infrastructure to improve signal in rural parts of the country. ..

Frank
Premium
join:2000-11-03
somewhere

good luck

Im not sure about gsm roaming but when I had sprint using cdma it seems that they make it so that roaming would be impossible to do because they position thier towers around bad service areas instead of in bad service areas so youd always have only one bar of sprint service (which would make your phone unusable for voice or data) unless you found the one spot in the exact center where theres absolutely no sprint signal and then youd get 5 signal bars of verizon on roaming and perfect service.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2

6,000,000 vs 60,000

"Oh sorries! I added a couple extra zeros in there. My bad! Carry on!"
--
Weeeeeee

Steve B
Premium
join:2004-08-02
Auburn, WA
reply to Frank

Re: good luck

said by Frank:

Im not sure about gsm roaming but when I had sprint using cdma it seems that they make it so that roaming would be impossible to do because they position thier towers around bad service areas instead of in bad service areas so youd always have only one bar of sprint service (which would make your phone unusable for voice or data) unless you found the one spot in the exact center where theres absolutely no sprint signal and then youd get 5 signal bars of verizon on roaming and perfect service.

I always hated that. I had both Sprint and Verizon back in the day. They had mutual roaming agreements in my area. Whenever roaming happened, it would show "Extended Network". It always happened just as you described. Instead of trying to maintain even and quality service as much as possible, they set it up where your phone would have to become totally unusable and drop carrier signal before switching to roaming.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
That's how roaming always works, carrier's don't want to pay roaming costs so they only allow roaming in places where there is absolutely no native service available. If Sprint let it's customer's roam wherever Verizon's signal was stronger Sprint customers would be roaming constantly and Sprint would have to foot a huge roaming bills.

While I see your argument from the customer's perspective, it's not viable from a business perspective.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to Frank
When I had sprint, roam control app was a must.
Force the phone to roam in conjunction with custom prls, made sprint service a little more bearable. If you used roaming data too much though, sprint would kick ya off their network.

ITGeeks

join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH
reply to MovieLover76
And so would the EU as roaming is no longer covered as unlimited in the contracts.

NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to nekkidtruth

Re: 6,000,000 vs 60,000

150 million pounds to benefit 60,000 people? Talk about a poor and wasteful investment of tax dollars... this is almost at the level of the US government paying scientists to measure the volume of cow farts in a study of their affect on global warming.