spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-07-10 08:52:24: Sprint this week unveiled the company's new LivePro LTE hotspot, which does a little bit of everything -- including operating as a mini digital projector a mobile hotspot, back-up battery, and stand-alone media streaming device. ..

Justgreat

@74.115.237.x

Really?

Sprint, instead of trying to divert attention from your already over taxed network, why not send some of the R&D money towards your network division, hire back some of those engineers you canned in 2009 and get your network back to 2001 levels? You will win more hearts and minds if you just give us a network that works as advertised.

robbyglack

@67.176.23.x

need tons of data

this device just screams 'use me to beam netflix on the wall' but that would need either unlimited data options or much larger data bucket than now offered. i don't get it. does sprint expect people to spend thousands a month in overages? or to buy these and not use them?

RWSI

join:2012-11-27
Albuquerque, NM

Hot Spot

You have to have working Sprint cell service in your area to get this thing to work. Good luck New Mexico!

existenz

join:2014-02-12
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Google Fiber

3 edits
They have been expanding LTE according to user reported coverage...
»sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprin···10sprint

The bigger problem is they may have only completed about 70% of sites within a market, so there are gaps. They need to get 100% of sites on Spark and turn on 800LTE to become a strong player.

edit (link fixes): when it's fast, it's fast...
»www.dropbox.com/s/yh3njtf5eydz6c···1014.png

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America

Neat

Wonder what that 5,000mAh batt. does with projector turned on, an hour?

Looks like a spiffy little device, though very niche.

Phatty

join:2000-05-10
Saint Louis, MO

Too Big

I like my hot spot to fit in my pocket, or tablet bag, I don't need yet another full on device with me.

Goliath2k
Premium
join:2013-12-28
united state

Does it have external antenna ports?

Always a pet peeve of mine when hotspots don't come with ports for external antennas.

ev

@74.140.91.x
reply to robbyglack

Re: need tons of data

You. I like you.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to RWSI

Re: Hot Spot

Good luck on my area of the north shore of Long Island. We haven't even had speed upgrade from Network Vision. There is some spotty LTE reported but nothing solid. You need to go south of here to get better LTE coverage and it still is not "officially" launched by Sprint.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

ITGeeks

join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH
reply to existenz
That map is also unofficial and can change. Some of the areas on there phones are picking up but hotspots are not as the signal is too weak.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC
kudos:1

It's the Network Sprint...

Fix your network Sprint.

LTE still isn't officially launched in DC...

From S4GRU....

Washington DC
NV Sites Accepted = 89%
LTE Sites Accepted = 52%
Anticipated LTE Launch = Summer 2014
Original Scheduled Completion = January 2013
Current Production Rate Completion = January 2015
--
"We're going to start at one end of (Fallujah), and we're not going to stop until we get to the other. If there's anybody left when that happens, we're going to turn around and we're going to go back and finish it."
Lt. Col. Pete Newell: 1st Inf. US Army

rradina

join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO
reply to amungus

Re: Neat

Spiffy but pricey. Amazon has 7" Android tabs for $50. What's in this device that warrants the steep price tag? The projector? The cell radio?

A more reasonable price would be $149.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
reply to RWSI

Sprint's coverage maps on its website haven't been updated since June 13th....

chris92

join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL
reply to rradina

The cell radio is what kills you. Heck even the LG Optimus is still $250, and it's a bottom-of-the-barrel phone

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to RWSI

just hope you don't fringe roam as that will cost you big time.

rradina

join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO
reply to chris92

Tracfone LG Optimus Android phones for $20 on Amazon and similarly priced models available at Office Depot, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. create problems for that logic.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC

Update your coverage map!

Sprint! You haven't updated your coverage map since June 13th.

»coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?I···G:HE:Cov

Is this thing on? Hello?