spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-07-19 13:35:17: Deposit something interesting into the comment section conveniently provided below. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

1 edit

First!

First! Just cut the grass today. & I'm getting there a long way to go still though! & I went to ceder point today!

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state

1 recommendation

Did it yesterday, so technically, I beat you to it...

Cut my grass yesterday, and I plan to do a rotisserie standing rib roast on the grill tomorrow, just to celebrate cutting my grass yesterday.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
I'd BEG to come over, but if you get that excited over the grass, I'll wait for major pruning.

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to chip89

Re: First!

Hey Chip....I finally cut and trimmed the weeds and grass today after 2 weeks. Took me 4 hours. Thankfully there was no humidity to add insult to injury. Once it was finished I admired it with a bottle of Batch 19. Hope yours comes out good also. Happy Weekend everyone.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
I need to do the weeds but It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Oh well I hate pulling weeds since they all have those spikes that stick on skin and hurt like hell! Even with gloves I get poked sometimes.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1

Happy birthday to me..

On this very day 22 years ago I was born.

I bet no one here can guess what my cake said on it(: Nothing R ratted.

batman

@50.182.54.x

Russian aid to Ukraine rebels in civil war causing EU turmoil

The shooting down of a Malaysian commercial jet flight and continuing Russian support of ethnic Russian rebels in the Ukraine civil war have left Europe, especially eastern Europe in turmoil. Is the return of the cold war, long thought over, imminent?

»www.vox.com/2014/7/18/5915385/ho···a-policy

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by batman :

Is the return of the cold war, long thought over, imminent?

Cold war (of a sort) never left, but got worse with Putin's rise to power, the shoot down is the result of HIS politics/power grab.
unfortunately it is distracting us from an even more serious problem in Gaza, Israel, Syria, and greater Persia, which COULD lead to direct regional, hemispheric or global war.
With out a doubt TRAINED military (current or recent former) fired the missile (unlike US click and shoot simplicity, RUS weapons REQUIRE regular proficiency training to get half assed close)
The shit is head towards the fan, can anybody deflect it.

backfeed
is giving feedback

join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN
reply to diablo1892

Re: Happy birthday to me..

ugh... Happy Birthday?

Samir

join:2010-02-06
Madison, AL

Meanwhile, back on the Internet...

Another day of Knology (Wow way's) packet loss and speed issues...A whole week of this now...grrr...
--
Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike Enthusiast website: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

YukonHawk

Patterson, NY
reply to chip89

I weed whack them to death.

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to tshirt

Re: Russian aid to Ukraine rebels in civil war causing EU turmoil

meanwhile the US stock market rises to record highs
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

luster

join:2009-03-28
Salisbury, MD
reply to YukonHawk

That's what I'd like to do to Verizon's CEO & Board of Directors.

batman

@50.182.54.x

Comcast delivering the goods

Despite the constant knocking of Comcast here at dslreports, I'm happy. I get great broadband, up about 99.99% of the time, and their X1 TV service is excellent. 1st line cust svc can improve, but when I deal with the local office manager, svc has been excellent.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/897074213

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..

1 edit
said by batman :

Despite the constant knocking of Comcast here at dslreports, I'm happy. I get great broadband, up about 99.99% of the time, and their X1 TV service is excellent. 1st line cust svc can improve, but when I deal with the local office manager, svc has been excellent.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/897074213

I happen to agree as some one who was a Time warner cable customer that Comcast support, Internet speeds and uptime is very good.

I just got a 4K TV a few days ago and I am able to watch 4K video without buffering. I can also do 4K Youtube.

I could not do HD Youtube on Time warner cable most of the time and got a lot of 404 errors thanks to how much I got to "enjoy better" with there "service".

Screw TWC and only less than 2/3 able to do HD youtube in NC. Also screw the DVR/cable TV boxes X1 is far, far, far, far better. It's night and day on speed and everything else.

Time warner cable can take the crappy 15/1 (Really more like 5/1 at best) YouTube throttiling internet for $57.99 a month and stick it up there's.

Funny video that I would mute if you don't like bad words and metal that sums up how TWC was to me(Note video not mine):

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6Z0dRxQEE

batman

@50.182.54.x
reply to tshirt

The prime cause of this mess is that Stalin wannabe Putin. Even if Russia didn't actually pull the trigger on the missile, they are arming and training these who did. The Leaders of Germany & France and Italy are cowering in the shadows afraid to criticize Russia because of their need for Russian natural gas

»www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic···led.html

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
reply to luster

That should happen to the people at comcast & TWC that even fought of the merger!

YukonHawk

Patterson, NY
reply to diablo1892

Re: Happy birthday to me..

My birthday is on Monday! Woo Hoo! Happy Birthday to ya!

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

reply to tshirt

Pretty obvious they thought they were shooting down a Ukrainian cargo jet. It wasn't an accident, at all... but when they found out they took out a civilian jet liner, let's just say they knew they seriously screwed up. I think it's pathetic Putin/Russia would actually attempt to blame Ukraine for the shoot down. I'm sure they are busy concealing evidence and hiding the weaponry as we speak.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

Kommie
Premium
join:2003-05-13
united state
kudos:3
reply to Jim_in_VA
Inflation Let it come.

Tamarisk

@46.175.106.x

MH17

Soon after MH17 was downed, I thought about this quote from the movie Swordfish. Of course it doesn't fit exactly but really if you want to beat the animals who did this it's time to take off the gloves.

"Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans."

batman

@50.182.54.x
reply to KrK

said by KrK:

Pretty obvious they thought they were shooting down a Ukrainian cargo jet. It wasn't an accident, at all... but when they found out they took out a civilian jet liner, let's just say they knew they seriously screwed up. I think it's pathetic Putin/Russia would actually attempt to blame Ukraine for the shoot down. I'm sure they are busy concealing evidence and hiding the weaponry as we speak.

The proof that Russia supplied the SA-11 missile system is irrefutable. But Putin will continue to deny it.

»www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/19···ssia-us/

The missile launcher used to down Malaysia Air flight MH17 is probably back in Russia after it was imported into Ukraine a few weeks ago, a well-placed source with access to the latest intelligence told Fox News Friday night.

Meanwhile, the same source said the missile that brought down the plane, killing all 298 on board, was fired from Schnidze, a town in eastern Ukraine.

A report by the Daily Mail showed the SA-11 launcher used in the attack missing two of its four missiles. A senior U.S. defense official confirmed the newspaper's report.

The local separatist commander who likely ordered the strike, Igor Strelkov -- who was heard in some of the phone intercepts released by the Ukrainian Interior Ministry bragging about having brought down the plane -- will likely be punished by Moscow, according to a well-placed source.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

1 recommendation

wishing a couple members well..

2 regular posters not sighted yet

IowaCowboy See Profile last seen going to mow the lawn
and
firephoto See Profile who's town (Brewster, WA) is on fire/evacuated right now
»www.komonews.com/news/local/Dest···011.html
»www.king5.com/news/local/267724411.html

Hoping neither met with too many problems.

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
reply to luster

Nah, they would say a Weed Whacker would cost too much money - use the trash bags instead.

:P

critis

join:2002-01-24
Mullins, SC

Little help

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to batman

said by batman :

Meanwhile, the same source said the missile that brought down the plane, killing all 298 on board, was fired from Schnidze, a town in eastern Ukraine.

A new obscenity -- "Well, my friend, it looks like you've been Schnidzied."

Or, when you hit your thumb with a hammer, you could yell "Aw, Schnidze!"

BK3

join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
reply to Tamarisk

Re: MH17

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
reply to Zenit

I think they would say use our worthless copper wire!

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
reply to chip89
I spray the weeds with RoundUp.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to batman

Re: Comcast delivering the goods

You must work for Comcast. Their support is horrible as it's their job to find fault with any piece of equipment that Comcast does NOT own. If Comcast owns it they're trained to deny it's malfunctioning.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.