dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-07-24 11:26:47: A few months ago I noted how Verizon had been claiming that we shouldn't have tough consumer net neutrality protections -- because they could harm deaf people and the disabled. ..

Brim77
join:2012-03-16
Lansing, MI

11 recommendations

Brim77

Nice try, Verizon.

Even deaf people can hear your bullshit. Can you hear us now?

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

2 recommendations

cableties

Premium Member

Can you near me now?

Had to. In support of the Deaf and Disabled. What a crappy, insensitive marketing slogan.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob

Re: Can you near me now?

said by cableties:

Had to. In support of the Deaf and Disabled. What a crappy, insensitive marketing slogan.

OK, How about 'Can you TTY me now?'?

Blob

Zenit_IIfx
The system is the solution
Premium Member
join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
·Comcast XFINITY

4 recommendations

Zenit_IIfx

Premium Member

Re: Can you near me now?

//begin sarcastic remark on VZ service
Sorry, TTY does not work well over telephone lines held together with trash bags and tape. We recomend you upgrade to your 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S48959 Wow edition with extra TTY service fee with a cap of 10 sentences a billing quarter.

-VZ

/End

Sarick
It's Only Logical
Premium Member
join:2003-06-03
USA

Sarick

Premium Member

Don't lie.

ISPs Don't tell/sell people bandwidth capacity you can't give 100% with full network utilization point to point. If you offer false numbers then people will expect those speeds even if it harms other connections. That issue isn't the the fault of the subscriber or the services they connect with.

Zenit_IIfx
The system is the solution
Premium Member
join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
·Comcast XFINITY

Zenit_IIfx

Premium Member

The lies of VZ

The lies of VZ have gotten so loud even the deaf can hear them.

Those living in VZ ILEC territory where there is no FIOS are waking up to the reality that VZ does not care, and the noise is starting to mount.

Good.

VZ has earned any bad that comes to them.

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

Re: The lies of VZ

Honestly, I don't think there is enough "bad" in the universe to even come close to covering what they have earned.

pumpkinhead7
join:2002-06-14
Clarksburg, WV

pumpkinhead7

I cant wait

I really can't wait for the ISP shills/apologists to come flooding in and and try to spin this.
Brim77
join:2012-03-16
Lansing, MI

Brim77

Re: I cant wait

They will as soon as their AOL dialup finishes loading this page.

wiggie116
Premium Member
join:2013-10-31
Pittsfield, MA
D-Link DSL-2750B
Actiontec GT784WN

wiggie116

Premium Member

Take a look a verizon DSL forums!

I have only been a VZ DSL customer for 8 months or so. I check Verizon's DSL forum once or twice a week. In the last month all you see is people
Having problems with theirs lines being "optimized". I could be way off here because I'm new to Verizon ( maybe it's a common issue) but it sounds like they are purposely lowering speed. It could also just be the system being overly aggressive. However, it could also be a way to move customers to BIG REDS over priced LTE service. Allot of these customer will have no other choice. Pretty sad Verizon is unwilling to invest just some of their money back into their copper info structure.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

Re: Take a look a verizon DSL forums!

I had Verizon in the next town from you, Lanesborough, MA. Several times my 3 mbit line was "optimized" to 1 mbps or lower and that was after somebody finally fixed 2 years of line problems. Had to call every other month and navigate their phone gauntlet to get "unoptimized" back to 3 mb, which was stable after my line was fixed. Rinse, repeat every other month or so like clockwork...

wiggie116
Premium Member
join:2013-10-31
Pittsfield, MA
D-Link DSL-2750B
Actiontec GT784WN

wiggie116

Premium Member

I grew up on Baker st in Lanesboro. You might find this interesting. I still have a friend that works for TWC,
He said they got an email explaining that Hinsdale and Lanesboro will be taken over by Comcast if the merger goes through (could be BS just what I was told) I know there are spin offs if the deal does go through. But the way I understood the situation is that Comcast had to give up some locations to Charter . That's why his info doesn't make since to me.

Currently I have both Road Runner 50/5 (ultimate) and HSI 7meg with Verizon. Honestly right now my DSL has out performed TWC for web surfing, Facebook, YouTube ETC. Netflix is slight better with TWC I'm getting 720p during primetime (finally) And of course allot more upload speed. But I'm getting time outs on speed tests, web pages that won't load. You know the usually BS when something's up. I guess my point is, the grass isn't greener on the other side in my case. Hopefully, they will resolve next Tuesday.

It will be great if Lanesboro had two IP providers. 99.9% of the town is stuck at 3.0 Mbps. You would think Verizon would spend some money in Lanesboro to upgrade their Dslams and remotes. They have to make a profit there. Only game in town (beside resellers) I only know of two streets that get 3.1-7. One is Baker St the other is Irwin St. Have a couple customers provisioned to 7840 on baker and one on Irwin.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

Re: Take a look a verizon DSL forums!

Can't say I have had Charter. Only service area I was in was up there. No digital, no HSI, not an option for me. I had the dish and DSL there. Had decent luck with TWC and Comcast overall as I had to move around. They both messed up sometimes, but I had more good than bad with either. Of course, I had Comcast back when they were the speed leader and was not doing any of these shenanigans. I am back in the Northeast for some time and using TWC at the moment. Decent, but expensive. Can't wait to get back to Fort Smith though and back on Cox. They been great. They have a soft cap that is not enforced butt great speed and pings 24/7, good pricing, and great customer service. I pay $47 for 50/10. Less than I am paying for 20/2 on TWC for the time being. Nice to see someone from Berkshire County on here though. I spent a decent number of years there. Just don't miss the winters