dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-07-31 12:41:08: While most sane people protest Comcast rate hikes by complaining to legislators, switching companies (if they can) or venting at the company, often customers annoyed with the cable giant take things too far (as the "Comcast hammer granny" of 2007 lor.. ..

DigitalManny
join:2014-01-08
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny

Ehh, poor people

Sorry someone has to say it I mean yeah fck Comcast but really some people are just poor, if you can not afford watching TV best thing to do is get back to reading books instead of resorting to violence.

abqpeeps44
@75.161.35.x

abqpeeps44

Anon

Re: Ehh, poor people

I highly dislike Comcast also, but the best way to beat them, is to not use their service. This person probably doesn't like Qwest/Centurylink(the other option in ABQ), which will come out and fix their problems when they arise. About 6 months ago, out of the blue, my CL dsl went down -- checked to make sure I paid and that was good, and rebooted the modem and redid the username and password..and of course, no luck. Called up CL and they came out, and we chatted, and he agreed that the issue didn't seem to be mine, so he checked the remote terminal and found my port was bad. A short time later, Im back online and more stable than it's ever been. Don't shoot the messenger, just drop Comcast and don't look back...

anonymouse
@207.250.70.x

-1 recommendation

anonymouse

Anon

Or throw a brick through their payment center windows.

cralt
join:2011-01-07
CT

1 recommendation

cralt

said by anonymouse :

Or throw a brick through their payment center windows.

So Comcast's insurance/landlord will have to pay for a new window and you risk getting a criminal record. Great idea.

If you get so mad a comcast for their crap service that you would result to violence then you are the one with a problem. Normal sane people would just cancel the service and get on with their lives.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to abqpeeps44

to abqpeeps44
Once people are hooked onto technology, there is no cure but a bullet to the head.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to DigitalManny

to DigitalManny
Or in the west, pull out the revolver and settle your differences like reasonable people

I guess this is why they need bullet proof glass in their "service" centers.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Someone needs to resurrect Aaron Burr and let him run the FCC.

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D to DigitalManny

MVM

to DigitalManny
What is the world does this have to do with someone being poor?

fiosultimate
join:2014-06-09
San Antonio, TX

fiosultimate

people

People always want it free, the entitlement generation

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

Re: people

said by fiosultimate:

People always want it free, the entitlement generation

I wish gas prices would go up that way less people would drive.
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned)

Re: people

Why?
dra6o0n
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to norm

to norm
More people will drive cars whether you'd like it or not.
They'll just pull out huge debts from loans to pay off that car and the gas.

These days people are so desperate as to sell their very income to get what they want.

A consumer will destructively consume to its end.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

3 recommendations

MxxCon to fiosultimate

to fiosultimate
Those assholes nickle and dime us for every possible thing they can!
At the very least those greedy bastards can do is fix the bloody infrastructure that supposed to deliver service to their customers!

Also that lady is 48. Are you calling gen x "entitlement generation"?! yawn.
pawpaw
join:2004-05-05
Asheville, NC

2 recommendations

pawpaw

New Rule

There should be a felony crime of Assault By Horrible Customer Service.
APG
Premium Member
join:2007-01-13

1 recommendation

APG

Premium Member

Re: New Rule

It's comments like that... a total dehumanization of Comcast employees... that create an atmosphere where someone feels free to pull out a gun over a dispute about charges.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by APG:

someone feels free to pull out a gun over a dispute about charges.

Actually the gun was pulled over a stolen tool bag, not the fee.

Ebolla
join:2005-09-28
Dracut, MA

Ebolla

so armed robbery?
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned) to APG

to APG
Like when Comcast employees belittle customers? When I had to return equipment to their office, I notice that they never looked people in the eye and were as disconnected as possible. On the phone, they treat you like simpletons and hardly ever fix the issue as shown by the countless posts online. Even the call about cancellation is typical of the attitude of employees of Comcast and, to be fair, many other customer service oriented companies now a days.
mja1980
join:2013-05-09

mja1980 to pawpaw

to pawpaw
I have had Directv dish Comcast and Time Warner. I have had good and bad service from all of them it's not only limited to cable.

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk

Premium Member

Surprised

I half expected this would be another person who was harassed trying to cancel her service.

Responsible
@69.142.79.x

Responsible

Anon

Poor call by Comcast employee

1. she shouldn't have taken his tool bag. That is theft.
2. employee shouldn't have gone back in to her house to retrieve it w/o her permission. In that part of the country she may have had the right to shoot him for entering her house w/o permission.
3. employee should just have called 911 when she took his tool bag and returned to her house.
4. if gun registered, she may beat any charges on pointing gun in her house.
5. she should face theft charges.

Wrong
@68.42.244.x

Wrong

Anon

Re: Poor call by Comcast employee

The tech didn't randomly go into the women's house for his bag. According to the report he just knoced on her door and asked for it back. You don't have the right to pull a gun on someone for knocking on your door.

Responsible
@69.142.79.x

Responsible

Anon

said by Wrong :

The tech didn't randomly go into the women's house for his bag. According to the report he just knoced on her door and asked for it back. You don't have the right to pull a gun on someone for knocking on your door.

Facts are in dispute:

He said:
When the worker went to get it, he said she told him he couldn’t have his tools back and pulled out a black handgun from her pocket, pointing at his torso, the complaint states.

The worker told police he put his hands up because he “didn’t want to get shot,” and left the property before calling 911.

She said:
Baca-Lucero told police he left the tools and she took them inside, and wouldn’t give them back to him when he returned. When the worker refused to leave, she pointed the gun in the air. He left, and she then also called police, the complaint states.

Wrong
@68.42.244.x

Wrong

Anon

The actual police report says nothing about him going inside at all. Her side of the report stated he refused to leave the driveway and his side stated he knocked on the door and left after the gun was pulled. I don't think someone standing in your driveway because you just stole $400 worth of tools from them is grounds to pull out a gun.

kataan
Premium Member
join:2003-04-22
Greenacres, WA

kataan

Premium Member

It may not be grounds, but it is legal. They were still on here property and that is trespassing.

flwpwr
@24.113.96.x

flwpwr

Anon

You are not the judge, so you can't say what is and is not legal.
It will be decided whether it was LEGAL or criminal in a court of law and probably by 12 peers. She invited him to the house, stole his tools, then possibly asked him to leave and DEFIANTLY pulled a gun on him. You cannot just pull a gun on people in MOST states, you must make it a LAST option move. That does not sound like what she did, sure sounds like she could have shut and locked the door and called 911 to me. But time will tell what the court decides, that's if its not plea bargained out to some stupid charge anyway.

grydlok
join:2004-01-06
Richmond, VA

grydlok to Responsible

to Responsible
He never went inside and in the police report she said she took the tools and was holding them until a supervisor came.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to Wrong

Premium Member

to Wrong
said by Wrong :

You don't have the right to pull a gun on someone for knocking on your door.

True. I usually have a German Shepherd at the door when someone knocks. I never have to threaten anyone to leave me alone.

jimkyser
join:2000-10-13
Naperville, IL

jimkyser to Wrong

to Wrong
Actually, if this were in Louisiana and you could convince a jury that you felt threatened, you could shoot and kill them. Just ask Yoshihiro Hattori.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De ··· _Hattori

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap to Responsible

Premium Member

to Responsible
Thank you, Mr/Ms 69.142.79.x, for bringing factual insight into the comments section rather than using this tabloidish thread to trot out & attempt to vindicate some personal scapegoat classification of humanity. Much obliged for the list of events and the context it brings.
dra6o0n
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n

What humanity?

JE
JE 's BACK BABY
Premium Member
join:2000-12-15
Charlotte, NC

2 edits

JE to Responsible

Premium Member

to Responsible
Customers never think about the fact that once this employees shift is over, they still have the address. Be careful who u threaten and make obscene remarks to, in person or over the phone.
Female customers use the fact that they are female to get away with a lot of mess. And they are never sorry.

There is an intelligent way to handle things like this. The tech wasn't responsible for any charges. She (as usual) made the situation worse than what it had to be. All she had to say was, if i'm going to be charged, I'm not signing, please leave my home.

She could have called and explained her situation and why the tech was called out and asked politely, if there was a possibility that the potential fee could be waived or credited on the next months statement. Any reasonable CS agent would explain how th process works and would have helped.

You don't have a right to harm someone that did nothing to u. She should have pulled the gun on her ugly husband who cheated on her with the fat neighbor!

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour

Idiot

I could expand upon it, but the title pretty much says all that needs to be said.

Jim

battleop
join:2005-09-28

3 recommendations

battleop

Once again....

Karl finds it impossible to report on a Comcast story without leadng off with a negative spin against Comcast even when the story is not a negative one.

•••

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

No Job worth that...

ok Comcast workers. Is it worth it?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

Get a grip

What has happened to our society that nearly every flippin' disagreement about something or other has to end in the "aggrieved" party resorting to a handgun? Comcast lies (repeatedly and regularly); I still can't fathom the need for that woman to pull out her "6-shooter" about a tech fee. No self-restraint.

Karl's article is hardly "tabloid news"; it IS news from Albuquerque. I know the Comcast supporters won't agree. Considering Comcast's creative use of "truth" regarding fees and services, I'm surprised more people haven't gone postal as the cliche goes.

Having had a tech "fib" to his superiors about services from a service call, I'm not all that certain that the Comcast employee's version is 100% truthful.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

Re: Get a grip

said by FureverFurry:

I still can't fathom the need for that woman to pull out her "6-shooter" about a tech fee.

Having had a tech "fib" to his superiors about services from a service call, I'm not all that certain that the Comcast employee's version is 100% truthful.

First, Karl left out the part about her taking the techs tool bag, and the gun was pulled when the tech wouldn't leave her front porch without it.

As for his side being a lie, well, both agree there was a disagreement about paying for the repair. Both agree she stole his toolbag and refused to give it back (later found by police inside her house). Both agree he didn't leave until she pulled the gun. The only disagreement is she says she pointed it into the air while he says she pointed it at his chest.

/M
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

russotto to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
What's happened is "society" has been rigged so there's no lawful way to not get screwed by companies like Comcast (except by refraining from using their service altogether). In situations like that, people resort to unlawful methods.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Getting them to fix things

I'd be glad if they'd just fix their service instead of finding non-existent fault with any piece of equipment that does not belong to them.

They always blame the router or the computer when the modem log shows T3/T4 timeouts and reboots. And you call customer service they say all the tests are fine. That does not answer the question why I'm getting failed connections/timeouts. When I go to look up a we page, It fails half the time or takes forever.

••••

Wozzer
@192.120.13.x

Wozzer

Anon

The real Question

Whilst all this dialogue is very interesting the real question is.." will Comcast continue charging her whilst she is serving time", if she was angry before!!!.....

Yucca Servic
join:2012-11-27
Rio Rancho, NM

1 edit

Yucca Servic

Albuquerque

Albuquerque is a no doubt a stressed out violent place. Comcast gets away with nearly murder here. What Comcast is attempting to is get it's money back after a major buildout going into places that will never ever make enough money to repay the buildout. On the other side attempting to communicate with them in this market is nearly impossible. They closed the call center, closed and moved the local customer support office somewhere nobody can find. Comcast does nothing for free after the initial install.
nrobot80
join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

nrobot80

Re: Albuquerque

It's sad these days that people don't have their priorities in line. This lady pulled a gun on a worker trying to do his job, which was probably to fix her tv and/or Internet. there are so many other things I can do with my time other than watch TV. If that lady had the right to pull a gun or not is bull. What if she shot that Comcast tech? That tech doesn't make the rules but it's his job to follow them or he won't have a job. Comcast as a company isn't right, but there are people that work there that have families to support and feed, they are honest people doing honest work for a company that has a backbone that's a crooked as a question mark. What would we be saying if that tech was hurt or worse because he was doing his job? Shame on Comcast for their crappy service but bigger shame on that lady that pulled a gun on a defenseless tech trying to make an honest living.
JohnShade
join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX

JohnShade

Re: Albuquerque

Thank you. That is the most balanced view of the incident I have seen.
I don't know what the situation was with the tech call, but taking someone's tools, which they need to make a living with and then pulling out a pistol was really not good.

JE
JE 's BACK BABY
Premium Member
join:2000-12-15
Charlotte, NC

4 edits

JE

Premium Member

Customers are their OWN Problems!

Expect everything for FREE! I mean come on. the American people spend all day long on the phone with the Cable co., bitching and moaning about the bill, that: they don't have in their hand, don't know the account number to, can't provide or verify any type of authentication to get information on their account - and yet these people still have the nerve to complain about something!

Probably had the modem hooked up wrong.

Lowtarget
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Alger, OH

Lowtarget

Premium Member

hmm

Time Warner Cable is our cable provider in our area. One of our cable lines running under our house was bad and needed to be replaced. The tech replaced the line for free then made sure everything else checked fine. Main reason for the tech was to replace a DVD that blown its HDD.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

Armed Robbery

This bitch should be charged with armed robbery, or at the very least use of a firearm while committing a felony.

When I worked for Charter, I had a guy pull a shotgun on me because he didn't like that the basic antenna tier was going away. Here I am, a peon, barely making minimum wage - and the old fucker is pointing a shotgun at me like I'm running the show. Icing on the cake - The Shire-reeve didn't arrest the fucker. He just wrote him a notice to appear for disorderly conduct.

Another time, I caught a guy robbing my truck - while I was working at HIS house. Fortunately, I had a trainee working with me who witnessed it too. Caught him red handed stacking 20 converter boxes in his garage. He tried to say he was "helping" us by bringing them in for the install. The problem is we only installed one outlet. The H.O. was arrested for that one. This was in an affluent area too.
The irony: this is when addressable converters first came out. They would have been useless in 24 hours.

Rich people are waaaaaaaaay worse than poor people when it comes to wanting services for free.

The average Joe installer that comes to install your cable is probably getting paid a lot less than he should be to begin with, and then has to put up with everybody's crap all day long (not all people are ass holes). Just because you hate the company, don't abuse the individual.