spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-08-19 11:26:13: New Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure insisted last week that better prices would be one of his first priorities, and the company this week has introduced their first attempt at that promise. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

5 recommendations

Sprint needs to uncarrier

Sprint is dead last in quality, coverage, data speed etc....

You're not going to win with technology.
You're going to win at not being a jagoff to deal with.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

bigballer

@205.214.216.x

Really now?

Could this be even more complicated?

Let's keep things simple.... or not

stewie3128

join:2008-11-20

So I guess that's it for unlimited data in the US

It's dead now.

Yes, Sprint's signal has been too useless to use anyway, but it technically was still unlimited if you could find the signal.

josephf

join:2009-04-26

Framily was less expensive in many circumstances than this new plan

7 lines would have cost less with Framily than with this new plan. Especially for customers requiring a lesser data plan.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

is this a joke?

hardly earth shaking.
try again sprint.
--
Despises any post with strings.

josephf

join:2009-04-26
reply to stewie3128

Re: So I guess that's it for unlimited data in the US

They're announcing more new plans on Thursday and unlimited data is likely to be part of them.

KevNYC
Premium
join:2002-03-31
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

reply to Mike

Re: Sprint needs to uncarrier

Exactly. They could have the greatest plans, but until they fix their crappy network, they'll keep hemorrhaging customers.

delusion ftl

@204.124.13.x
reply to stewie3128

You can still get unlimited on T-mobile

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:2

Is the a Joke?

The sprint pricing is 5 bucks more than I pay Verizon for my Note 3 ...

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

Terrible diagram and ignores current customers

That diagram is awful.... It also ignores current customers who can't get the new pricing and it's for a limited time only at which point the price spikes... Oh sure Sprint, this will be a real winner.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
reply to bigballer

Re: Really now?

Can't believe the new CEO signed off on this. Doesn't inspire much faith...

Though it does make me ask... How long can a company keep failing?

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC
reply to dvd536

Re: is this a joke?

Oh they will... Get ready for the horrible diagram for the individual plans which will only be priced for a limited time and with the best pricing unavailable to current customers.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11

1 recommendation

reply to josephf

They still have unlimited, but unlimited on the slowest data carrier in the country seems counter intuitive.
That's why I have unlimited on T-mobile

Ericthorn
It only hurts when I laugh
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Paragould, AR

Great.. saturate the already slow shitty network

.. but don't offer your longtime loyal customers a fucking thing. F U Sprint.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC

Yup.

w0g
o.O

join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

they think that because they give more data..

that this is discounted. holy fuck! it's not discounted at all really. this plan just prices similar to Verizon and AT&T and yet includes more data, double the data to be precise.

but they have moved away from unlimited and are now charging an ass load for it. O_O..

when I read this in Tuesday mornings links I thought it was going to be $100 dollars for 10 lines and 20GB, meaning they could have 10 phones all got unlimited talk/txt & the 20GB of data to share. this in fact would be a deal if that was $100 total for the service + cost of the phones..

I don't know if people realize it or not but $100 is a lot to be paying for cellphone service. think about it. most services don't cost hundreds upon hundreds of dollars per line or per family. a simple magazine subscription? that costs $20/year. streaming movie or music sub? $10/mo. internet back in the day? $10-20/mo.

I can't imagine why they think their service is even worth more than $100/mo. that is a shit load and each line of service basically is using the same service that has already been paid for!

a long time ago wireless was cheaper. unlimited data, txt, nearly unlimited minutes, cost $35/mo on sprint sero plans. and they had unlimited nights and weekends starting at 6/7PM, and they had unlimited mobile to mobile, and most people didn't need more than that. $35/mo. that's all it was. back in 2007, when Sprint was more popular.
--
www.oregonstatehospital.net - CIA and state of Oregon set me up and targeted me with a microwave weapon, learn more.

w0g
o.O

Springfield, OR

Sprint's price on data adds up. that is why this is the biggest rip off. what I think they want to do is compete with AT&T/Verizon. so they're now selling w/ data buckets. this is fucking retarded! absurd move!!

also when I read the chart it makes me think they are just being wishful on the revenue and price point they want to get but the cost is not anything new, it's like they're price fixing. when the cost of the service isn't competitive or anywhere near what they're actually charging, meaning the price and cost are not linked, a sign of price fixing.
--
www.oregonstatehospital.net - CIA and state of Oregon set me up and targeted me with a microwave weapon, learn more.

Dest
Bolo
Premium
join:2000-03-21
Naperville, IL
reply to w0g

I think they are running a limited time intro promo where it really is $100 for 10 lines if the lines are switching from another carrier, but the promotion terms only last until end of 2015, then the $15 per line charge would apply

"Limited-time Promotion for Customers Switching to Sprint Family Share Pack
In addition, for a limited time, for customers who bring their number and activate on the Sprint Family Share Pack, Sprint will buy out their families’ contracts with a Visa Prepaid Card worth up to $350 2. This switching offer will be available at Sprint stores and Sprint Telesales.

With the limited-time promotion, Sprint is waiving the data access charge for handsets, tablets and mobile broadband devices on 20GB or higher data allowances for up to 10 lines. To qualify for the offer customers must switch their number from another carrier to Sprint. All devices must be purchased through Sprint Easy Pay."

Look at the press release... limited time promo section

»newsroom.sprint.com/news-release···mers.htm

battleop

join:2005-09-28

You can't compete on price alone...

When you compete on price alone you will attract a lot of dead beat customers who won't pay their bills on time or complete their commitment. Layer a crap network on that and you are headed for disaster.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

w0g
o.O

Springfield, OR
reply to Dest

Re: they think that because they give more data..

alright. this is not a shitty ass deal.. I still think it's overpriced, but the $100 deal "promotion" isn't bad. and it says each line gets a bonus 2GB in addition to the data bucket purchased.

I would almost live with a 28GB cap for four lines. because I am like the only guy in my family who uses data. still I would love unlimited just because occasionally I have to do large uploads for business and don't particularly like to pay for any plan that isn't unlimited (I got T-Mobile now, $70/mo unlimited, which lets me do huge 16GB site updates whenever I need even when on the go).

I think the data caps Sprint is setting certainly makes Verizon & AT&T's caps look like jokes in this case. I mean seriously, they will give you a 40GB cap if you sign up for the $100 dollar plan and add 10 lines. Compared to the 10GB cap and $160/mo price on AT&T/Verizon.

I will stick to an unlimited cap tho. I use up sometimes 70GB/mo easily. :P
--

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to Mike

Not feeling the love. Lousy network and, unlike T-Mobile, they are still not allowing free tethering.

Sprint: Go back to the drawing board and try again.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

bigballer

@205.214.216.x
reply to IPPlanMan

Best plan ever was the Sprint plan a few years ago. 1500 everything + unlimited data. Still looks like bargain today even after they added the 4G tax and took away the employee discounts Starting at $129.99, 20 bucks a line and then the $10 dollar 4G tax. At $240 with unlimited data, 1500 minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, nights at 7 pm, and subsidized phones, that plan had to be hands down the best plan I've ever come across.

Only problem was.... the network sucked

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

In my area you need to use Internet

I inquired about Sprint in my geographic area - the second largest city in Colorado - and was told I would need a device to connect a phone to the Internet at home. What about away from home in town? Better be close to a free WiFi hot spot. Um, not thanks.

bigballer

@205.214.216.x
reply to bigballer

But these ew framily plans dont even compare to tmobile's aggressive family plans.

For $200, 10 lines and 2.5 gb per line? That's the best deal today.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

these "data access charges" need to go.

We need truth in advertising. Either charge the amount you want for data, or do away with the data access fee per phone. No one makes me pay extra to eat the food I buy at the grocery store.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

delusion ftl

@204.124.13.x
reply to Mike

OK I just ran some numbers and the 12 GB and 16 GB plans should not even exist as the 20 GB plan is always cheaper. The 8GB plan is only cheaper for 2 lines, after that it's always better to be on the 20GB plan.

See this spreadsheet I created for some analysis
»docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1···=sharing

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

Washington, DC

Nice. I'm sure they'll want to put that at the counter to help customers out.

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Clearwire Wireless

1 edit

Sprint is a joke

Click for full size
There network is such a joke that there loosing 900k subscribers for the second quarter of this year. »www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-e···_id58646. Even T-Mobile is offering a good deal and is doing way better than Sprint. Just read all the complaints Sprint is getting from customers »www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_pho···_pcs.htm.

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
reply to IPPlanMan

Re: Terrible diagram and ignores current customers

If you look at it, while they charge less for connectivity they actually charge $10 more for a subsidized phone for 20+GB. This is obviously a ruse to get people into paying $600 for a $300 phone PLUS service. They are hemorrhaging cash flow and need to get people weaned off subsidized devices ASAP. They are on the ropes, no doubt.

Long story short, these prices are a rip and for non-subsidized why wouldn't you just go to a prepaid carrier and pay less. In my state postpaid adds 18% to your bill.

Oh, and that disregards the fact that while my area is "LTE launched", no LTE signal is to be found. But 0.128kbps still works

delusion ftl

@204.124.13.x
reply to w0g

Re: they think that because they give more data..

Note the part where you had to switch your lines from another carrier AND buy a new device on monthly installments (easy pay) in order to qualify for the data access waiver. While it still is an OK deal, it's not as great a deal because easy pay is roughly equivalent to being in a contract.

For contrast, T-mobile let their existing customers take the free 2.5GB per line deal and porting customers don't have to buy a new device to get the same deal.