spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2014-09-03 07:45:46: The cable industry's "TV Everywhere" initiative historically offers users access to TV content on smartphones, tablets and laptops over Wi-Fi -- if you're a traditional cable TV subscriber. ..

torrguy

@62.210.206.x

Comcast will pay for delivery

And if Comcast starts "sending" more traffic than they are "receiving" with these carriers, I expect they will have to pay for delivery as well. I can't imagine AT&T or Verizon giving any "free rides" to anyone.

neill6705

join:2014-08-09
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

cable sucks

The thing they don't seem to understand is that cable sucks. A la carte - services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. - is what people want. I'd rather pay $8 a month for Netflix and watch what I want when I want it than $30+ a month for cable and get a few decent shows a week out of the ocean of crap that is Network Television.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC
kudos:1
reply to torrguy

Re: Comcast will pay for delivery

"Can you peer me now? Good."

rradina

join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO
reply to neill6705

Re: cable sucks

I totally agree but you forgot to highlight other advantages (at least for Netflix). Network television shows are infested with ads, on-screen logos and various in-program pop-ups. Netflix is just pure content.

b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?

join:2004-09-07
Bellingham, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..

3 edits

How does Comcast justify PUSHING data on to other networks...

In exactly the same way and for exactly the same reason the say Netflix is PUSHING data on to theirs?

All mobile phone companies should start billing Comcast for this.

Or (unintentionally of course ) allow peering with Comcast to become saturated and cause poor performance of Comcast's app.

Then Comcast would have to pay them for direct interconnection.

xprintguy

@74.115.237.x

That's just great

Sprint's network already sux's so not like we will notice the heavy use.

devolved

join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD

1 recommendation

reply to b10010011

Re: How does Comcast justify PUSHING data on to other networks...

Or quietly throttle traffic to and from Comcast and claim the problem is on Comcast's end.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to neill6705

Re: cable sucks

said by neill6705:

The thing they don't seem to understand is that cable sucks. A la carte - services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. - is what people want. I'd rather pay $8 a month for Netflix and watch what I want when I want it than $30+ a month for cable and get a few decent shows a week out of the ocean of crap that is Network Television.

Good luck watching live sporting events on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. If you are a sports fan, it is either cable/satellite or just what you can get OTA (which isn't much). Sports fans really are pigeonholed into paying for cable/satellite, which is why I fight for a discount that I renew every year just to keep cable TV and internet. My latest deal, $100 a month for Comcast Blast internet and preferred cable TV.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

gogorichie

join:2005-04-14
Palatine, IL

That's Great News

Well I'm so excited and i just can't hide it.