spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2002-04-02 09:05:01: Most people were aware that there was spyware in Kazaa. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

nightfly85
Three Finger Salute

join:2001-08-30
Oceanside, CA

I just need to say one thing

Firewall it!

Install ZoneAlarm or something similar and take control over your i/o ports.

TheHondaMan

join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI

Re: I just need to say one thing

My freakin harddrive is running constantly thanks to this! God damn them!
--
The Power of Dreams
Powered by Honda

Unreal2001
Mess With The Best Die Like The Rest

join:2001-12-27
San Jose, CA

how can we fight back?

seting up firewall? deleteing there file? use kazaa lite?
use morpheus?? what 2 do?!!

Also what program like kazaa and mopheus that don't have a spyware or a firewall??!!!?!

nanofever
Liberal Democrats, You Know We're Right

join:2001-08-19
Modesto, CA

So many p2p funerals to go to, so little time

PAST
Napster R.I.P cause of death RIAA

PRESENT
Morpheus R.I.P cause of death Spyware welshing

FUTURE
IRC and FTP ,still kicking like a mule

ReVeLaTeD
Premium
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

b3d....

Bottom line...delete ANYTHING that has the term "b3d" in it on your computer. Installed apps, registry keys, folders...you'll find it's swarmed all throughout your computer. I found that out the hard way. Bad thing is, once you do that, KaZaa will crash. At least on XP it will. KaZaa refuses to run after I was able to remove all the stuff. And I did it with a program called Registry Cleaner.

Bearshare doesn't have spyware that I've seen...but some ISPs apparently don't support the p2p or something, because whenever I use Bearshare, I get booted from my PPPoE. ONLY when I use Bearshare.

I don't use Morpheus (hate that new engine).
claudeo

join:2000-02-23
Redmond, WA

Should be obvious

Anyone in Congress reading these forum? There should be a law governing disclosure of what software will do to your system when installed. The disclosure should be in plain English and allow you to opt in, not force you to install the software first and then go back to opt out of certain options.

BTW the Brilliant site has as a, er, glowing description of this technology in which they mention "rewards", which I assume are more of those worthless "points" applicable toward discontinued lines of blenders and folding scooters. I dare them to mention how much cash they would send me. Oh but wait the cash is for Brilliant, the worthless points are for the sucker who lets Brilliant use their system. Brilliant!

PhR3Ak5tA

@in-addr.btopenworld.

TIRED OF STEALTH CRAP? Get KazaA LIte!!!

OK, got so annoyed and paranoid with all this spyware crap did a look aroun for a new Peer 2 Peer. Instead, I found KaZaa Lite, which is basically KaZaa but someone has taken it and removed all the stealth spyware shit and left the very simple and powerfull kazaa itself. Trust me on this one, u should get it...it even connects a hell of a lot faster...

goto www.google.com and do a search for KaZaa Lite Download, and there will be a few pages offering (they are being taken down quick tho so hurry!!)

Hope this helps,
PhR3Ak5tA

KaZaa Lite: P2P The Way it Really Should Be