dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2002-11-05 07:56:38: DirecWAY Just Got Faster Hughes Network Systems has launched a new Web accelerator feature for DirecWAY customers that can boost Web-browsing speeds for the satellite broadband service by 30 to 50 percent. ..

Rfsjr2
Shop on Top
Premium Member
join:2001-08-11
Ferndale, WA

Rfsjr2

Premium Member

HUH?

What?

Red Baron

join:2001-08-04
41.3N, 87.1W

Red Baron

That's the trouble with posting links to this news site, the links work weeks later but the articles change every week.

I pasted in the original text so it makes sense again.

Rfsjr2
Shop on Top
Premium Member
join:2001-08-11
Ferndale, WA

Rfsjr2

Premium Member

OK RB, Makes sense now! Install the patch, win a free cruise.:)

will13842
join:2001-08-24
Jefferson, AR

will13842

WOW more crappy useless stuff to hype up a crappy service

Robert100
@direcpc.com

Robert100

Anon

It Really is a crappy service in comparison to almost everything else. Being fap'd sucks. I THOUGHT I could download the new redhat 8.0 FORGET IT. BUT if you are downloading normal size things it does work pretty well. Strangely the only damn thing I'd admit it does really well at all. Huge latency loading little pages - but oh boy once a downloads really gets going it rocks.

Very strange to see it take 20 to 30 seconds to load a little web page then dnld a 5 meg file in 60 seconds.....

Buy 2 phone lines and shotgun capable modems. I should have. To damn late now... I live in the sticks and My crap phone line (thanks Quest you pricks) only goes 21K but you know what, this loads small to medium web pages faster then my DirecPC to way system. If I had to do it over again I'd never get the two way system. Get the one way and buy two modems and shotgun them. ONLY get this two way system if you have NO OTHER CHOICE!

The latency Sucks soooo baaad. Click WAIIIIIIIITE - page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click WAIIIIIITe page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click page loads S-L-O-W-L-Y Click click.

Bang bang bang (Sound of head banging on desk) I wonder if I can sue them for wasted time and my prescription for Prozac.

My saving grace? to this deal was that I won this in local radio station auction brand new with install for only $160 bucks. I pity you people paying 600 to 800 bucks for these systems.

Any one know how to break these contracts????????
Want a DirecPC two way system cheap?

Want to know the biggest joke of all?
I'm an ISP owner! I cant even get myself good service and my dialup system rocks. We even do nation wide service if we wanted since I contract through the big backbone providers Like UUnet for dialup. (Don't call, we do in home service and keep it local) I even do Fiber service in one local county. To-damn-bad I can't get the fiber out to my house. They won't even let me run my own fiber even if I buy and lay it myself.

I love living way out in the sticks on the side of a mountain with a big chunk of land but there are trade offs to be made, No point in crying over it so I'll just sit here and quietly stew every time I use it. Problem is that's most of the DAMN DAY for me.
Robert Barnes
NCW-Online internet service
www.ncwonline.com