dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2003-02-17 12:38:21: Three San Diego City Council members have sent a letter to SBC Corp. accusing the telephone company of failing to meet city requirements for moving overhead wires underground. ..

Aggie Dan
Stop... Reverse That.
Premium Member
join:2001-01-30
Frisco, TX

Aggie Dan

Premium Member

Let me get this straight...

How long were all of these lines above ground? And then they are told to just bury them?

As far as I'm concerned this isn't a service improvement, it is merely cosmetic. As such, this isn't a need as it is a want. If SBC is trying to save money by negotiating for lower costs that costs they don't have to forward onto the consumer. Unlike the power utility that was named which is able to recoup it's losses through a special levy.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

You are right

It is more of a cosmetic change.. I do not think any company would give up a good working cable just to make it cosmetic. Number one it would have to be a new cable, number two, there would be service disruptions.

So it is not a win-win situation, personally myself I would wait till the cable went bad, then switch to the cable sitting in the ground already, then take the poles and the old cable down.

That is just how I do it..

Mberet
2 Wire
Premium Member
join:2002-02-17
Damn its Hot

Mberet

Premium Member

You are right what business sense does it make to move millions of dollars underground overnight. Is the City going to pay for this or the State. Even better is any CLECs going to burden any of the cost to move them