dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2005-08-30 09:04:13: To celebrate the browser's 10 year anniversary, users in our software forum point out that Opera is giving away registration codes (normally worth $39) for the ad-free version of Opera. Simply head to Download.com to grab it. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next
digital k
Premium Member
join:2003-12-25

digital k

Premium Member

said by zoom3148:

No thanks. Opera can keep It as I'm happy with Firefox 1.06.:)
typical reply...but yay Opera:)

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

1 recommendation

graycorgi

Premium Member

Yay.

I'm downloading it anyway, even though I'll probably still use firefox mostly.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

1 recommendation

pandora

Premium Member

Way cool

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Glaice
Brutal Video Vault
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
North Babylon, NY

Glaice to zoom3148

Premium Member

to zoom3148

Re: No thanks

I'm sure this ad-free version will be all over usenet, irc and p2p shortly

EveryName
Premium Member
join:2001-12-05
Montreal

EveryName

Premium Member

I emailed them...

Did anyone get their activation code?
Matt9
join:2004-01-29
New Bedford, MA

Matt9 to zoom3148

to zoom3148

Does popularity matter? Internet Explorer is the most used browser worldwide, are you going to say that that is the most secure, and feature-rich browser? Of course not. Marketshare doesn't matter...try all browsers, choose what you like best, and that's that. If you prefer IE over Firefox or Maxthon, use it. If you like Opera over IE, use it. If you like Firefox over all others, use it. But don't judge a browser without really "knowing" anything about it.
Mordhem
Love it, Hate it.
join:2003-07-10
Baltimore, MD

Mordhem

I still like IE :P its never did anything that bad so far eh.
komal
join:2003-02-16

1 edit

komal to zoom3148

to zoom3148

said by zoom3148 See Profile
No, I'm not interested in IE. Don't misconstrue or put words in My mouth... I just like My browser, Got It? Don't like It? Too bad so sad as My brother used to say.

Exactly, don't like it? Well, too bad so sad, nobody here gives a shit, Don't make pointless and off topic comments in the thread. But maybe you're just trying to get first post, but maybe next time you should think it out before hitting the post now button.

M A R S
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S to EveryName

Premium Member

to EveryName

Re: I emailed them...

been 40 min and no code.
komal

komal

Hmm...

E-mail me the code already. Maybe it was because I sent them a picture of the cookie monster?

JokerCPoC
@lsanca.dsl-w.verizon

JokerCPoC to komal

Anon

to komal

Re: No code

The guy who posted first(zoom314) didn't in the first place say anything bad about Opera and/or IE and neither will I, But It seems that former user left BBR, As I remember reading Here that His Brother had died recently, So somebody here may have spoken ill of the dead and offended that former user.
komal

komal

Nobody did. The only person that used brother in the whole thread was zoom himself, in saying "If you don't like it, too bad so sad like my brother used to say", so if he upset himself, then it's his own problem.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb
join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL

1 edit

Redawg81 to komal

to komal
dup plz del
Redawg81

1 edit

Redawg81 to komal

to komal
said by komal:

Yet, I assumed it was automated, but nothing yet.
Zoom, if you like firefox, whoop de doo, but nobody cares, maybe you can keep your pointless and asinine comments to yourself. This isn't a thread about firefox, and there have been so many, so try to stay on topic and not put other stuff down for no good reason.
Whoa there m8ty seems your the on w/ the opinion, he never sd anything wrong as a matter of fact this shows how open to new ideas the avg FF user is (I personally ::heart:: FF & TB and have my reasons). He is gonna gv Opera a shot even though he is apprently a FF Fan and you mock him for it shame on you!!
I for one ::heart:: FF and would even consider giving Opera a try cept Im to used the guestures from FF and the sleekness of it

Sigh to each thier own (should be a big ass pot of coffee for some of you)

R3d
komal

komal

said by Redawg81:

Whoa there m8ty seems your the on w/ the opinion, he never sd anything wrong as a matter of fact this shows how open to new ideas the avg FF user is (I personally ::heart:: FF & TB and have my reasons). He is gonna gv Opera a shot even though he is apprently a FF Fan and you mock him for it shame on you!!
Why are you speaking about something if you never read the entire thread before it was moderated? From reading your comments alone I know you didn't read what I was replying to as the guy stated that he wasn't going to use opera, maybe next time you want to speak up about something you could do us all a favour and read up, or alternatively, not post a message where you pretend to understand the topic.

M A R S
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

8hrs and 49 minutes and still no code.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Now is the time to test it out.

If only they would send me a key after 3 hours.
Guess they are not that serious about getting new users.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to EveryName

to EveryName

Maybe they email the code after the time is up. You send in for it before the deadline. After the deadline they just send one big blast of emails at one time.
whocares0
Premium Member
join:2003-07-26

whocares0 to Grail Knight

Premium Member

to Grail Knight

Re: Now is the time to test it out.

or maybe its a way to "sucker" people in to get their browsers, most places IF giving away a free code, with their product, send you the information (except on weekend within 24 hrs)

HAS ANYONE RECIEVED their code?? yest (Tuesday)8:11am Jazzy"

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords to M A R S

MVM

to M A R S

said by M A R S:

8hrs and 49 minutes and still no code.
Send it again. The deal was 12a-12a PST ... looks like you were a little early.

I did the same thing, but then re-sent it after midnight PST. No response yet, but since they're PST, it's still early ... 6:13 AM PST right now.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to whocares0

Premium Member

to whocares0

Re: Now is the time to test it out.

You may be right jazzy or Opera got a larger response than they thought and figured out they would lose thousands upon thousands of dollars and are only sending out a set quantity to random users.

I read that a few users received their code yet I am sure I can say that more have not received it vs those that did .

Lostintech
Phillydude
Premium Member
join:2004-11-21
Philadelphia, PA

Lostintech

Premium Member

How much longer?

How much longer until these codes are on eBay?

why-do-it
@advancedtool.com

why-do-it

Anon

Why bother?

Ok, I'll grant you that the choice of a browser has turned into a fiercely personal decision that for some reason brings many people almost to blows, but this is a commercial product, that costs money or feeds you advertising. It exists in a market of free products that (largely are as good or better) and people are excited that after 10 years of this, they're giving away activation codes for 24 hours?

Go ahead, flame me all you want; I've got my asbestos undies on, but I still drink water from the tap, that I get freely from my well. I don't buy bottled water for the same reason I won't pay for a browser when there are perfectly good alternatives out there without that cost.

Ramonv
join:2001-11-18
Bronx, NY

Ramonv to EveryName

to EveryName

get it here »my.opera.com/community/p ··· /reg.dml
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next