dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2007-01-22 11:50:27: Users in our Insight forum say they're receiving warning letters for using too much bandwidth, but like Comcast, the service TOS doesn't specify exactly what that limit is. That tends to be troublesome since it makes it hard for heavy downloaders.. ..

prev · 1 · 2

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

Cable can't handle the hogs.

Cable can't handle the hogs and will butcher them.

Heavy User
@comcast.net

Heavy User

Anon

Oink Oink

If a company advertises unlimited and all of a sudden decides to kill users that have exceeded unlimited that is called the blame game. I received a call today from comcast and then I found out everyone I know that has comcast received the same call. If you believe that bullshit about affecting the performance of you neighbors excuse you are very uninformed. If this was true then I should have seen the same degradation in performance. Recently comcast was testing 16Mb speeds in our area. It lasted around 45 days for each area(CO). They are planning for a new service (probably HD stuff) and are testing to see if the network can handle the load. Some areas may not have reached expectations. Are you getting the picture. Is it not easier to tell your boss that it is the heavy bandwidth users and not that you poorly planned your network.

For all of you shocked people that can't believe someone could use over 150Gb/mo get real; you are clueless.
prev · 1 · 2