dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2007-05-11 14:29:24: The NAACP's Greg Moore laments the state of broadband deployment in the Asbury Park Press, criticizing the President's failed effort to deploy universal broadband by this year. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · next
Freezone
join:2000-09-29
Southfield, MI

Freezone to odreian615

to odreian615

Re: lies I tell you

said by odreian615:

I'm black and went to some of the worst hoods in Chicago to fix peoples computers with my laptop I get on a average of ten damn wifi signals no matter how poor the the neighborhood is
The number one reason people have cable modem in the "Hood" is for online console gaming.

Also just becuase someone lives in a poor housing area does not mean that they actually are poor. African Americans tend to hold out in a nieghborhood even if it is falling. Those who do leave are labled "Sell outs" for not staying in a bad area and moving to the subss.

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D to Lark3po

MVM

to Lark3po

Re: Why is NAACP still around

said by Lark3po:
said by DaSneaky1D:

For the same reason the Christian Coalition is still around.
The NAACP is out there spreading the gospel too?!?!?
Since when does the Christian Coalition go around spreading the gospel? They're a political organization.

marketex
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

marketex

Premium Member

Justification Included

Some of the comments on this page constitute some of the best reasons for the continued necessity of the N.A.A.C.P.!

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D to Necronomikro

MVM

to Necronomikro

said by Necronomikro:
said by DaSneaky1D :
then force the media companies and ISP's to stop sending smut down the tubes so our children have a chance of being good moral citizens of this country.
I hope that this is a joke. If parents would watch what their kids are doing, and use vchip and monitoring software on the computers.... you know what, forget it, my mind is going numb from reading what you posted.
It was sort of a joke (guess you haven't seen many of my news comments before).
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

1 recommendation

russotto

NAACP found the problem with broadband.

It's not net neutrality. It's not munis. It's not the digital divide.

After long and careful study, the NAACP has determined....

wait for it....

The problem is white people!

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf

Premium Member

NAAWP

I wonder what the National Association for the Advancement of White People has to say on this matter.
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

russotto

said by Lone Wolf:

I wonder what the National Association for the Advancement of White People has to say on this matter.
They're too busy posting their "Men in Sheets" videos to GooTube.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to Necronomikro

MVM

to Necronomikro

said by Necronomikro:
said by DaSneaky1D :
then force the media companies and ISP's to stop sending smut down the tubes so our children have a chance of being good moral citizens of this country.
I hope that this is a joke. If parents would watch what their kids are doing, and use vchip and monitoring software on the computers.... you know what, forget it, my mind is going numb from reading what you posted.
You might check the batteries in your sarcasm-o-meter. Mine was pegged pretty high when I read DaSneaky1D See Profile's post.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to Lone Wolf

Premium Member

to Lone Wolf

Re: NAAWP

said by Lone Wolf:

They were too busy giving Don Imus the "Civil Rights Activist of the Year" award.
NYC Girl
Premium Member
join:2007-02-04
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle

EXCUSE ME????

fatmanskinny
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering

1 recommendation

fatmanskinny

Premium Member

Whoops. Another opportunity for racist rants on BBR....

Here they come .... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

1 edit

NYC Girl

Premium Member

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH (WELL FINGERS).

I have not been on this forum long; however, anytime anything is posted about AA people, New Orleans, Africa, etc., it is always a "problem". Everyone's "true colors" come out.
NYC Girl

NYC Girl to marketex

Premium Member

to marketex

Re: Justification Included

AMEN!!!

Some of the comments on this page constitute some of the best reasons for the continued necessity of the N.A.A.C.P.!

nfixit2004
Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

nfixit2004 to Freezone

Premium Member

to Freezone

Re: lies I tell you

said by Freezone:

said by odreian615:

I'm black and went to some of the worst hoods in Chicago to fix peoples computers with my laptop I get on a average of ten damn wifi signals no matter how poor the the neighborhood is
The number one reason people have cable modem in the "Hood" is for online console gaming.

Also just becuase someone lives in a poor housing area does not mean that they actually are poor. African Americans tend to hold out in a nieghborhood even if it is falling. Those who do leave are labled "Sell outs" for not staying in a bad area and moving to the subss.
I would have to disagree! the number one reason has to be cable tv! online gaming might be the second reason, did you ever notice the kids in the "HOOD" dance? they dance better then the dancers in the videos, and lets not talk about sports

calvoiper
join:2003-03-31
Belvedere Tiburon, CA

calvoiper to soothsayer15

to soothsayer15

Re: Painting all opponents of "net neutrality" with sell-out ...

I don't see how you think BBR (Karl) was "playing propaganda" on this one--his point WAS the intersection of two stories otherwise not connected in the media. The point was that the NAACP is bashing Bush on Broadband in Washington, but is opposing the traditional consumer groups on a broadband-deployment-related bill in Tallahassee. That's a valid story.

Frankly, the fact that the consumer advocates lost to the NAACP side by a huge margin in one house of the Florida legislature isn't really even news--except for the related fact that the NAACP position gave lots of legislators (particularly Democrats) "cover" to vote against the consumer advocates.

calvoiper

WeSRT4
join:2000-11-20
Mobile, AL

WeSRT4

NAACP should be disbanded

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

The name seems racist in and of itself.

IMO in this day and age there should be no race specific organization fighting for civil rights. It is everyones responsibility to insure that our civil rights our respected. These organizations should be replaced by non race specific organizations.

For those of you that may think that what I say is racist, turn the situation around. What if there was a National Association for the Advancement of White People? How would that be viewed? What if there was a White Entertainment Television?
nOv1c3
join:2006-11-08
Whitney, TX

nOv1c3

I agree 100% I,m sick of these double standards :/
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl to WeSRT4

Premium Member

to WeSRT4
You need to go back and review 500+ years AA history and see why this organization was created and needed or perhaps you agree with all the atrocities committed against AA people which is why you resent it so much.

WeSRT4
Mobile, AL

WeSRT4

You do realize that blacks aren't the only ones that had atrocities committed against them right?

My point is that all races have been the target of civil rights violations not just blacks. Why should one race have their civil rights protected and more than another? We are all equal and should have equal protection.

nOv1c3
Whitney, TX

nOv1c3

They don't want equal civil rights protection , They want special treatment
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl to WeSRT4

Premium Member

to WeSRT4
Then they can create their own organization just as AA's have created the NAACP which I "think" was critical at the time of it's inception back in 1912 (helloooo!!!)to keep from being lynched (unsuccessful) and to fight for basic human rights that that every non AA person had automatically. If "WE" weren't going to create an organization to protect ourselves certainly no one else was going to do it for "US". And if you can't understand that then I don't know what to say other than put yourself in those people's shoes back then and see how you would feel.

Non AA people were threatened by this organization back then as they still are today in the 21st century.
NYC Girl

NYC Girl to nOv1c3

Premium Member

to nOv1c3
antiquated statement, whatever....

WeSRT4
Mobile, AL

WeSRT4 to NYC Girl

to NYC Girl
The NAACP certainly was needed in 1912. I am not saying that the NAACP wasn't needed. Times have changed and so should the NAACP.
nOv1c3
Whitney, TX

nOv1c3

If anyone needs a civil rights organization it should be none AA , Just look at the Stats in this country

»www.racismeantiblanc.biz ··· 6-02.htm

don't like that site check the FBI site :/

nfixit2004
Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

nfixit2004 to NYC Girl

Premium Member

to NYC Girl
agreed!

and nOv1c3 See Profile please send a link(to the government site you have mentioned)!
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Painting all opponents of "net neutrality" with sell-out ...

You are bias for you own reasons and I would say just as with everyone else it is money motivated.

If you accept money or any benefits from anyone for any reason then your opinion is skewed and has little value in a debate. So if the NAACP does accept money from any telco or cable company then their opinion is worthless.

For the most part the NAACP is worthless regardless. Their political agenda lost it focus of bringing equality to it's people a long time ago.

supergirl
join:2007-03-20
Pensacola, FL

1 recommendation

supergirl to FFH5

to FFH5
"I believe in a world where everyone will have 100 UP! ...AND 100 DOWN! I believe there will be NO Bandwidth CAPS! ...and there will be NO COMCAST! I believe geeks will get REAL Dates! No, I don't believe that. But, I do believe 100 UP and 100 DOWN will bridge the entire Digital Divide and there will BE NO MICROSOFT!"

Rev. Al Sharpton

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to WeSRT4

Premium Member

to WeSRT4

Re: NAACP should be disbanded

Philadelphia has over 65% colored people. They have advanced to the point that we have a colored mayor and most of the city council are colored. They can't advance any further politically in Philly.

There have been over 140 murders so far in 2007 in Philly and most are black-on-black crimes.

While the naacp is out there marching for equal rights, their people are sitting in bars getting drunk, shooting heroin and smoking cocaine, and killing each other for stupid reasons. The naacp is no longer needed in Philly and most of the country.

In Philly we need a NAAWP to counteract the destruction of the city that has taken place since the coloreds became the majority and whites became the minority. Whites are fleeing the city, scared that the coloreds are going to murder them next. Drugs are sold by the coloreds in open air markets throughout their ghettos. And their ghettos were created by them! What were once burgeoning family neighborhoods with small mom and pop businesses on every corner are now slums because people are scared to do business with the drugs being sold on the same street corners.

We do not need to advance the coloreds here in Philly. Please take note that the advancement took place but didn't help. For every black doctor and lawyer there are 10,000 drug addicted idiots ready to kill each other and innocent folks for their next fix.

And black racists are worse than white racists because a long time ago the blacks were once victims of racism and now they play the race card. Shame on you.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One

tapeloop to WeSRT4

Premium Member

to WeSRT4
Um...weren't we talking about Broadband?

This is broadbandreports.com right? Right?
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl

Premium Member

I am not sure anymore. Seems like KKK.com
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · next