dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2007-07-31 13:38:31: AT&T has a $70 plan for BlackBerry customers that offers unlimited data throughout the world, but iPhone customers get no such plan. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3

CodeZero6
@comcast.net

CodeZero6

Anon

How stupid is this guy?

This is why the rest of our bills are so high, we have to absorb the costs of this (and others like him) dumb-ass!

-You were told how much it would be per KB
-You are a self-proclaimed web designer (which knows what a KB is, I don't care how stupid you want us to belive you are)
-You took a phone out of the country without reading your contract or adding any "International Plan" to it!

I think AT&T should add every cent of that $3,000.00 back onto your bill!

If you wanted unlimited international data sign up for the International Blackberry plan, it's called a BLACKBERRY plan because it's for a Blackberry not an iPhone!!!!!

I seriously have to wonder if someone has to nudge this guy at night to remind him to breath

If 90% of the people don't have it, why do they call it "common sense"?

j b
@centurytel.net

j b

Anon

$3,000 ain't nothing

I seen a $10,000 bill from someone that used up around 525mb in Brazil and being billed at $.0195/kb and didn't know it.

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

whizkid3

MVM

take it back to the i-store and return it

IMHO, $3000 a month, for using any wireless phone or device to surf the internet, is absolute highway robbery. What is the interest rate on the unpaid bill? %500?

The first thing I would do, beside never, ever paying the bill, is return the phone and get my money back.

Stories like this will go a long way to ensuring that i-phone sales drop like a rock. (And they already have.)

I could care less whether or not I read the 30 page, un-holy contract with its corresponding fine print, that I'll bet was not signed by both parties (making it a non-contract). Whether or not the guy is supposedly a web developer, is irrelevant. The charges and contract are a rip-off; a scam, no more acceptable than a Nigerian lottery ticket scam.

Its highway robbery, at its finest.

elkq
join:2002-03-09
Monterey, CA

elkq

Wow

No sympathy at all... Who doesnt check their plan?
u3912974
join:2007-07-31
San Francisco, CA

u3912974

The $3,000 iPhone Bill

You need an unlimited data plan dude.

Dagda1175
join:2001-06-17
Goleta, CA

Dagda1175

What an ass

they should have made him pay it. if you dont read your contract, you're an idiot.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

Overcharging. . .

its the apple way.

highhatsize
Norm, The Basset For All Time
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08
Madison, WI

highhatsize

Premium Member

Predatory pricing

Who reads the TOS agreements that come with every application you use? I don't. I click agree and get to work.

Internet entrepreneurs rely on this. These are "adhesion" contacts, in which there is no bargaining, the language is abstruse, and confusing. You simply sign or do not.

Since this is a common vendor ploy, courts take dim view of their enforcement. In this case, a simply warning at the top of the TOS agreement such as: Note! This contract may cost you $3K+/mo., would make the vendor's case credible.

This guy should refuse payment and advertise for other screwed customers. I'll bet there are plenty and a class-action suit would encourage AT&T to play fair.

No to ESPN
@sbcglobal.net

No to ESPN

Anon

Why Always Class Action?

If there is a real legal issue with the contractual language or interpretation then the matter should be put in front of the state attorney general. Either it is criminal or it is not. Let your tax money do the talking.

phattieg
join:2001-04-29
Winter Park, FL

phattieg

Of course they don't offer it for $70 a month...

AT&T knows that business people will warm up to the Blackberry before they provide their employees with an iPhone. Considering the iPhone has iTunes built in, and the average song is 3 to 6 megs in size, naturally AT&T will not lose money by allowing everyone to have that plan. I am just glad I don't have this problem with my phone/provider. They tried to sell me the "phone as modem" plan for an extra $40 a month, but I already have unlimited internet with my plan, so I just downloaded PDAnet, and I don't pay them squat to use my phone as a modem. AT&T knew what they were doing when they launched this phone. I expect to hear more stories like this one though.

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium Member
join:2005-01-03

PolarBear03

Premium Member

Different plans for different phones?

So, if you have phone A, you can get data plan A, but if you have phone B, you CAN'T get data plan A? Wow. With T-Mobile, I can get any plan I want for any phone I have (provided the phone hardware supports it).

Why should your data plan and subsequent charge be any different depending on the phone you have? It's like saying gas for Fords is $2.00/gal and gas for Chevy's is $3.00/gal. So long as your car has a gasoline engine in it, shouldn't you pay the same price for gas no matter what you're driving?
JustaHatRack
join:2006-12-27
Little Rock, AR

JustaHatRack

A simple fix

It seems the iPhone worked properly and was of great service to this customer so there was just a simple TOS/contract error. To fix this AT&T could add a simple contractual agreement clause that states "out of safety concerns for others if you are too stupid to find the off button, you must agree to Not plug this device into any electrical outlet in any country on this planet....Ever." Problem solved, company image saved, everyone is safe again. (Well at least once the battery runs down
cgigate
join:2003-05-12
Fort Worth, TX

cgigate

Every one can get $70 international plan

Every one can get $70 international plan Blackberry users get.
this guy is very stupid!
The beauty of GSM system, pop-up your Blackberry SIM card to your iPhone and go with your Blackberry plan on iPhone
letoan9
join:2002-09-12
Melrose, MA

letoan9

Did AT&T wrongfully charge this guy? I don't think so.

$3k for data bill, this guy is crazy.

Is he a poor person that can't pay his phone bill and his 'wife's business line' is about to get shut off?
or he just don't want to pay the bill when realized what he did was too expensive. eBay the iPhone to pay the bill is a good idea.

Can iPhone do wi-fi? Some airport/hotel/motel/coffee shop/even stop&shop have wi-fi access free of charges for their customer.

It's common sense that you check for price on the item before you bring it to the register. This is the guy will just bring the item to the cashier and complains on why is it so expensive.
prev · 1 · 2 · 3