dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2007-08-02 18:34:29: [att=1196800,r]ISPs are kind of cute when they're little. They've yet to outsource their support, and investor demands haven't obliterated their moral compass when it comes to nickel and diming their users. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Qustion : How exactly is a small operator that's reselling ?

answer: Only 144 user reviews Maybe That is why?

kapil
The Kapil
join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

kapil

Kudos!

...to TekSavvy. These sorts of stories and the companies behind them need to be highlighted more often!

Business is tough...and the free marketeers would have you believe that stockholders and customers have competing interests. Obviously that's not true because if you screw one too many customers and go out of business, your stock isn't worth all that much.

Good companies that play by the rules, treat everyone fairly and make a fair profit, not that's the kinda' capitalism I could get behind!
kapil

kapil to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_

Re: Qustion : How exactly is a small operator that's reselling ?

Usually people only take time out of their busy days filled with watching Oprah or surfing MySpace if they're unhappy. Bad feedback always outnumbers the good kind, because if you're happy, you don't think of reporting that to anyone. So 144 positive reviews say a lot if they outnumber the negative ones.

Nightshade
Premium Member
join:2002-05-26
Salem, OR

Nightshade

Premium Member

Just goes to show

It's always the small businesses are more invested in customers than the big faceless corporation. Small businesses will do more for customers because they know customers are what creates their bottom line.

Big corporations always seem to lose that concept.
MmmPancakes
join:2007-05-29
T3H

1 edit

MmmPancakes to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_

You can't expect all 20,000 Teksavvy customers to have said their piece on DSLR.

On the flip side, go check out the reviews for Bell Sympatico and you'll see a world of difference, just from the tone of the reviews.

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC

Finally

Finally someone figured out how to run an ISP ...

Scoop18
join:2006-08-05
Ottawa, ON

Scoop18

Teksavvy is an awesome ISP. I've been using them for about 6 months and find them better than any others that I've used. The ability to employ people who can actually help you with your technical problems is important and the fact that the owner can be reached in this forum or by IM or e-mail is phenomenal. Keep up the good work guys.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_

How much did R0CKY pay bbr for this cover story?

Just kidding of course.

Being a longtime site member and a Bell employee, I've watched Canadian ISP's come and go from these forums (Ralph Doncaster, anyone?). But even I have to give Kudos to ROCKY and his team. They have consistently contributed positively around here, and if there was an issue, he's been honest about it. Many ISP owners on here have tried to blame Bell Canada for their problems when they crop up. But, not TekSavvy. They at least tell the truth and don't resort to the blame game when it suits them.

Good job Rocky!

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

2 recommendations

Karl Bode

News Guy

He bought me an Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, which, you know, I thought was totally fair.

ninjatutle
Premium
join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA

-1 recommendation

ninjatutle

Eh

they're in canada so this is irrelevant. How much did they pay to have this piece written on them.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by ninjatutle:

they're in canada so this is irrelevant. How much did they pay to have this piece written on them.
What exactly is irrelevant? The fact that on DSLReports the #1 top ISP based on reviews isn't in the U.S., so that makes it irrelevant?

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

1 edit

mazhurg

Premium Member

It just works.

Low price, great up times, honesty and know how.

Those words about sums it up.

BTW, they do NOT resell Bell as the article implies. They only lease infrastructure from Bell. The rest is theirs; servers, routers, gateways...

Kudos!

small correction

JayMan26
Whoot
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Earth

JayMan26

Premium Member

said by mazhurg:

Low price, great up times, honesty and know how.

Those words about sums it up.

BTW, they do NOT resell Bell as the article implies. They only lease infrastructure from Bell. The rest is theirs; servers, routers, gateways...

Kudos!

small correction

It's been fixed above as well.

renton
Come On You Spurs
Premium Member
join:2002-01-05
Toronto, ON

renton

Premium Member

their secret?

Their customer support is the "secret" IMHO.

Scoop18
join:2006-08-05
Ottawa, ON

Scoop18 to ninjatutle

to ninjatutle

Re: Eh

Irrelevant to you maybe. They don't have to pay anyone to write this. Trust me they earned it.
jpwalker
join:2007-05-23
teksavvy

1 edit

jpwalker

the best for a reson

teksavvy deserves it all! after 5 years with rogers cable, my cheaper, faster, uncapped, unlimited teksavvy dsl is like freedom

keep it up TSI

edit
having the techs reading the forums doesn't hurt either!

Comment
@teksavvy.com

Comment

Anon

Hopefully, not deja vu all over again...

This has been the second time I've been lucky to get in reasonably early (able to have my initials as my 'name') with a good ISP.

First time (years ago) was with IDirect (dial-up) and it was a wonderful ride until the owner sold out to Look Communications who was able to turn it into sludge within a year.

That's always the problem - someone with both heart and brains creates something of value which someone else will then offer enough money to purchase and ruin.

But until then, we're going to enjoy....

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

1 edit

KPaul

I love TSI

Woooooooooo!!!

Go TSI Go!!!

This is the company I am most loyal to on the planet!!!

I just noticed, they posted my thank you as the bubbly one!!!

I'm gonna be famous!

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

BACONATOR26 to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_

Correction, they aren't actually a reseller. They have their own equipment and bandwidth.
backness
join:2005-07-08
K2P OW2

backness

Teksavvy rocks

At first i gave them a poor review and one of the techs found me on this site and personally called me to resolve my issue without me even having to ask.

Now that i have spent 3 months on the rogers network i can't wait to get my teksavvy connection back

keep up the good work

Rogers sucks monkey balls!

SomeDude15
We call that the Dennis Miller Ratio
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Milwaukee, WI

SomeDude15

Premium Member

VISI.com

Is an ISP my parents have used for years, and they have helped my parents clean out their mailbox when it was past the quota, troubleshoot interruptions, etc. Even better, someone basically answers "Hello?" when you call. It's almost weird when a human answers the phone these days. Who knows how much money they have taken over the 6 or so years of DSL with them, but it was probably a lot, and it was all worth it.

Too bad more companies aren't run by ideas and progress instead of making someone rich.

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ

sporkme to shaner

MVM

to shaner

said by shaner:

(Ralph Doncaster, anyone?)
Seriously?

That guy was a walking disaster. Look up his early posts on the NANOG mailing list. Ouch.

blackdragon1
join:2007-06-16

blackdragon1

Great Work TekSavvy!

Once again, great work TekSavvy. Keep it up

JGROCKY
Premium Member
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

JGROCKY to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode

said by Karl Bode:

He bought me an Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, which, you know, I thought was totally fair.
LMAO!!!!!!
frc7
join:2005-08-19
North York, ON

frc7

Happy New User

After many months of lurking in the Canadian ISP forums (specially this one) and reading all the comments, finally took the plunge and decided to join Teksavvy.

Pointed browser to Teksavvy's webpage, filled-up form, recived confirmation of service e-mail by Teksavvy, recived comfirmation of modem dispatch by Canpar.

Modem got here on time, even the Bell technician showed on the promised day (August 1) to activate the service.

Since then... happy high-speed DSLing... and I still have to make a phone call to Teksavvy.
Only one regret, the many years I lost dealing with Rogers for not switching sooner!!!!

Congratulations, from an extreamly Happy New User!!!!!

GotHelpFromThem

Anon

They are really nice people!

I am in the US but have friends up North who know nothing about computers.

TekSavvy gave me tech support help to get my friends prepped to get their DSL service.

I was amazed that TekSavvy was willing to spend time and effort to help someone out of country who was trying to setup someone's DSL before they even ordered the service from them. They are really really nice people, and they have my gratitude and recommendation.

Bravo!
KyeU
join:2003-12-31
Canada

1 recommendation

KyeU

Haha.

I imagine people from Rogers and Bell are saying things along the lines of:

*slaps head* "CUSTOMER SERVICE! Why didn't we think of that?!"

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode

OMFG, that's so beautiful.
bobrk

bobrk

Premium Member

Sonic is the same

It's funny how the clowns come ot of the woodwork to accuse companies of review fixing. Sonic has this problem here as well. They have quite a few more reviews, but a lot of happy campers.

»User reviews - SONIC
tamovies
join:2007-02-25
Rumford, ME

tamovies

Avtivation

The scam is in the $200 activation fee for non-pppoe, and for non pppoe you only get 10gb bandwith additional bandwith is $3/gb.

»www.teksavvy.com/resadsl.htm
page: 1 · 2 · next