spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2007-11-30 11:24:11: This week AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson let it slip that consumers could expect a new iPhone next year that offered HSDPA wireless broadband support. ..

page: 1 · 2

grydlok

join:2004-01-06
Richmond, VA

Wow, I wonder how Apple responds

If thought about buying an iPhone I wouldn't now.
BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

5 recommendations

Any one else ?

Really tired of the ihype about ichristmas gifts and icontracts just to buy an iphone for iat&t ?

I mean really this damn thing didn't change the iworld now idid it ? I have iused this thing and it doen's do ianything that my motorola q does. Except cost the iboys and igirls a boat load of imoney for an itoy. Matter of fact these things have been ibanned from my ijob. And the iboys and igirls who have them icomplained.

im isick of all the ihype about this damn itoy.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

adisor19

join:2004-10-11

2 recommendations

Re: Any one else ?

Keep using your crashy WinMO Q and the pathetic excuse of a browser. If you would have actually used an iPhone, you would know what the hype is about. You obviously did not.

Adi
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA

I have , it's not a decent phone for real use , maybe the ikids can use it but I can't in a real ibusiness iworld.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

adisor19

Reviews:
·Acanac

Really ? Why is it not a decent phone ? And who the hell said this is a phone for the business world ? As far as i know it doesn't support exchange sync on BES so it was never meant for that. But give it some time and it will be.

You need to drop some of that lame fanboism and state some facts in your arguments if you want to look less ridiculous.
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Ok where to start ?

Can't load an exchange web panel from its wifi or even on its cell web.

The wifi doesn't support radius so as to actually secure the tunnel.

Can't run a vpn app from the handheld since they locked it down. So much for security.

It doesn't synch well with outlooks phonebook.

For awhile it was flooding our cisco AP's off the network and killed almost all wireless use for most workers.

At&t's network coverage sucks.

The phone reception is horrible compared to my at&t razr v3 which is a mountain times worse then the Q. I can't take the phone anywhere else in the world and just insert the local companies sim to save us both data and phone charges.

The touch screen has to be unlocked to answer the phone ! Why ?

I am anything but a fanboi , I am fair and balanced and feel that each phone has it's role. This one has it's role as a toy phone.
--

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
join:2002-02-26
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

said by BosstonesOwn:

Ok where to start ?

Can't run a vpn app from the handheld since they locked it down. So much for security.
This is all stuff a normal user would not be doing on their phone.

said by BosstonesOwn:

For awhile it was flooding our cisco AP's off the network and killed almost all wireless use for most workers.
This was an issue with Cisco as the university that was complaining of the same issue discovered.

said by BosstonesOwn:

If you're referring to coverage as in areas where they offer coverage then I agree some places will not have good coverage. Otherwise, if by coverage you mean signal strength in an area then I wonder why at&t is the #1 provider in terms of subscribers.

said by BosstonesOwn:

The touch screen has to be unlocked to answer the phone ! Why ?
It does not need to be unlocked to answer the phone. If that were the case you would need to unlock the phone and then pick up the call. Instead you just swipe your finger across to the screen to pick up the call.

said by BosstonesOwn:

I am anything but a fanboi , I am fair and balanced and feel that each phone has it's role. This one has it's role as a toy phone.
If it was a toy then it would not actually make any calls and it would be made entirely out of plastic.
--
"The only thing that’s worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."

"Nothing is impossible, you just don't have the technology or the knowledge to do it"
Ahrenl

join:2004-10-26
North Andover, MA

I believe he's using the term "toy" like you would use for a plasma TV. "Look at my new 50 inch Toy".

And in that case, he's absolutely correct.
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA

Yes I was , must be a new englander thing i guess.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
Which part of "business user" did you not understand?

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
Miami, FL

said by pfak:

Which part of "business user" did you not understand?
The part where Apple stated it was a business phone.
--

"Nothing is impossible, you just don't have the technology or the knowledge to do it"
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Apple plainly puts out commercials where it aimed at business users. It obviously is not suited to those users that are heavily tied to linux and MS platforms.
--

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium
join:2005-01-03
Bosstones, I agree with you, but if you precede another word with "i" again, I'll be forced to iSlap you.
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Sorry I was just really ticked at constantly seeing this stuff about iphones all over the web , every news site is running stuff like it.
--

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
quote:
It doesn't synch well with outlooks phonebook.

It's a non-Microsoft product targeted at recreational use.

quote:
That was determined to be a Cisco problem. Even if it were Apple's problem, it's not like Microsoft's products are perfect on the first shot, either.

quote:

The phone reception is horrible compared to my at&t razr v3 which is a mountain times worse then the Q.
I find that comment interesting. My iPhone's cell signal quality is much better than my Samsung Blackjack. We have marginal coverage here at the house, and the iPhone is the first phone I've had (out of many, including Motorola phones) that actually seems to work reliably here. If anything, it's certainly not "mountains worse".
quote:
The touch screen has to be unlocked to answer the phone ! Why?
I like that. It means I won't accidentally answer the call taking it out of my pocket. The gesture to answer it is one action and is hardly difficult.
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA

Then Apple shouldn't show business folks ads on business sites with folks using the iphone.
itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
quote:
Move off that POS known as Exchange. The alternatives are more scalable, more reliable and more flexible. Exchange is truly garbage.

quote:
I'm sure that will be addressed when the apps come in the new year.

quote:
t doesn't synch well with outlooks phonebook.
Again, ditch the POS known as Exchange and Outlook.

quote:
So does Verizon, despite their marketing. I've got both - Verizon for work and AT&T for personal use. AT&T is much better.

There are plenty using their iPhones in their business. In fact those that chose the non-Microsoft path generally have an easier time adapting to new non-MS technologies. It's not Apples (or any other company's) that you choose the locked-in MS path.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

said by itguy05:

quote:
Move off that POS known as Exchange. The alternatives are more scalable, more reliable and more flexible. Exchange is truly garbage.

quote:
I'm sure that will be addressed when the apps come in the new year.

quote:

quote:
So does Verizon, despite their marketing. I've got both - Verizon for work and AT&T for personal use. AT&T is much better.

There are plenty using their iPhones in their business. In fact those that chose the non-Microsoft path generally have an easier time adapting to new non-MS technologies. It's not Apples (or any other company's) that you choose the locked-in MS path.
It's kind of obvious that you don't work in the business world, or have any idea how it functions (like the majority of the people on these forums).

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get technology changed at a large company? If you're just a normal employee it is pretty much impossible, and just about the same if you are management.

Grow up and learn how the real world works. We know Exchange/Microsoft sucks but we're still stuck with their products because of something called "business process."
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Ok so wait, you want me to get off exchange ?

Even as the system admin for this top fortune 100 company , we have standard services that are used for a reason. Ever try to work with people who use open office ? They just don't mess well together and the same is said for email.

We have workers who check their email from web forms from outlook and from other exchange capable devices. The open services don't play well with blackberries. They also don't work as well as exchange when you have to cluster 60 to 80 boxes together to drive a company like this. Also let me know when you have users all over the world who hit the email servers.

Also let me know when those open source programs get the approval of the us government and the approval of every other government where we have campuses. Because then we can shift to that platform and save a whole lot of money.

Even as a sys admin who often writes code for opensolaris and even linux when I need to , I can't get away from exchange and we even have lotus notes servers as well. Which the iphone doesn't like either. You see open source works for small companies but not for the big guys who need to work with many government entities and follow their rules. And that is not changing anytime soon.
--

Snickerdo
Premium
join:2001-02-28
Niagara Falls, ON
said by itguy05:

quote:
The most amusing thing of all is that it syncs just fine with Outlook. It's idiot Windows users who have no bloody clue what they're doing or what "Unicode" means that cause everything to screw up.
--
I swear that I will faithfully and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.
BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Dude , I gotta better things to do with my time at work then sit here trying to play with settings to get the iphone to synch with my work pc.

It would synch fine at home but work with security policies it fails.

Rather unique , why not have it just work ? Like all thier ads say about the rest of thier stuff ? Ahh that is right we need to excuse that.

My Q synchs with any outlook I use , great for pulling contacts off my managers and co workers outlook boxes in a snap.
--

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
Miami, FL

Well then keep the Qrap since obviously the iPhone is not for you.

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium
join:2005-01-03

1 recommendation

said by adisor19:

You need to drop some of that lame fanboism and state some facts in your arguments if you want to look less ridiculous.
Pot calling the kettle black?

adisor19

No not at all. Looks like this post has already been answered while i had lunch. Once some arguments are provided rather then a ilame post, he gets a little more credibility.

Adi

DreamWraith
Premium
join:2004-04-07
Mount Vernon, WA
responding to idiocy with more idiocy is only bound to hurt your position. not help it.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

1 recommendation

My wife bought one and after the price dropped I bought myself one too... I have about a half dozen classmates that have bought them and I have yet to hear a single complaint from anyone. Honestly since most of us use them for internet and we have wifi extensively throughout our campus and in the hospital we find that we're able to get the information off the web quicker than our classmates who have 3G phones that don't do wifi too....
ditka_b
Premium
join:2001-10-05
Barrington, IL
That win mo q has 3g, what's the iphone have besides a screen that has finger prints all over it and a slow slow slow network.

Snickerdo
Premium
Niagara Falls, ON

said by ditka_b:

That win mo q has 3g, what's the iphone have besides a screen that has finger prints all over it and a slow slow slow network.
A fast processor and 1GB of RAM (in addition to the 8GB of Flash) that, when the OS is opened up in Feb, will blow other devices out of the water. The iPhone hardware kicks ass with the exception of EDGE. EDGE is a bit of a downfall, no doubt.
--
I swear that I will faithfully and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.
netnerd6

join:2007-04-14
Oakland, CA

do u know most newer or upcoming pdaPhone have build-in GPS?
i bet that greedy steve wont give u GPS. and saying some BS like if we put gps in 3g Iphone, it will makes the phone alot heavier! haha
u have the wait for iphone version3 to have 3G and build-in GPS, it should be out at the end of 2008! haha

Snickerdo
Premium
Niagara Falls, ON

said by netnerd6:

do u know most newer or upcoming pdaPhone have build-in GPS?
i bet that greedy steve wont give u GPS. and saying some BS like if we put gps in 3g Iphone, it will makes the phone alot heavier! haha
u have the wait for iphone version3 to have 3G and build-in GPS, it should be out at the end of 2008! haha
Okay, after attempting to decipher this post, I think I can now reply...

Simply put, there is a lot of cool stuff Apple wants to do with the iPhone - and are doing right now internally in Cupertino and Austin - but they can't do due to the terms of the contract with AT&T. Disabling unlocked phones was an AT&T thing, not an Apple thing. No Data over BT was an AT&T thing, not an Apple thing. People think Apple has complete control over these devices, but in the end AT&T has a lot of leeway and control over what goes on, and they also have a lot of control in the way of severely fucking customers over and screwing them in ways you would not imagine unless you're on the inside of iPhone support.
--
sc_lover

join:2007-10-31
Durand, IL
1GB of RAM? Show me some proof of that, I've only heard something closer to 128MB.

Snickerdo
Premium
Niagara Falls, ON

said by sc_lover:

1GB of RAM? Show me some proof of that, I've only heard something closer to 128MB.
There are a lot of 'reviews' out there talking about 128MB of RAM being reported to the OS. What is reported from the iPhone OS and what is actually under the hood is a whole different story, though.
--

Titus
Mr Gradenko

join:2004-06-26
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..

iEye
Hmmm ...

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

You know it

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
Miami, FL
I love it when people need to resort to putting an i in front of every other word just to be able to make it seem like their statement has a point.

•••••••••••••••••••••

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX
iPhone might be great but AT&T ain't (Sorry bad rhyme) Untill its on another provider I don't think im going to get it.
--
Team Discovery-Join the fight

adisor19

Reviews:
·Acanac

Apple as a GSM provider ?

HELL YEAH !

I hope they will either bid and get a bunch of spectrum or at least make an alliance with Google so that they bid together for such premium spectrum action !

Time for the other carriers to wake up and start competing. CDMA is dead. GSM is the future (yes yes, LTE). Virizon has seen the light. Sprint is the last of the CDMA Qualcom lackeys.

Adi

••••••••

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

Throwing his weight around

Steve Jobs is throwing his newfound weight around not unlike some of his colleagues in Redmond did.

The music industry is pissed at him, Microsoft would love not have them seen as competition, Dell would love to kill the Mac hardware competition, and now perhaps AT&T may not be so happy with them.

He is making some very, VERY powerful enemies.
--
Pretty Fly for a White Guy™

adisor19

Re: Throwing his weight around

I'm down with that. What the world needs is more competition, especially in the cell carrier world and if this is what Steve brings to the table, then more power to him !

Adi
vicorjh
Premium
join:2007-06-24
Arlington, MA

ATT

If anything, this announcement will irritate Jobs. Based on past experience of non-Apple providers leaking information, Jobs tends to punish the provider in some way. This may push Apple to consider re-selling network access.

adisor19

Re: ATT

This is NOT insider information ! Steve announced this when he initially introduced the iPhone last february. Nothing new here, just the CEO of ATT reconfirming it.

Adi

Eliakim

@cox.net
said by vicorjh:

If anything, this announcement will irritate Jobs. Based on past experience of non-Apple providers leaking information, Jobs tends to punish the provider in some way. This may push Apple to consider re-selling network access.
It won't irritate Jobs. How can it, when Jobs - himself - said the very same thing months ago? LOL!

Some people just don't know what has already been said by Jobs. AT&T is doing nothing more than confirming what Jobs said months ago...

Reading these comments here is hilarious. All sorts of wild ideas and conspiracies and so on, from the fact that no one seems to know what Jobs has already stated on the record.

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA

hmmm.......

Not an Apple fanboy, but looked at the Iphone at ATT, and gotta say it is really cool (ATT's plans suck major,too expensive for the family plan with internet)but the phone is non the less pretty cool...JMT
--
BlooMe
netnerd6

join:2007-04-14
Oakland, CA

screw the iPhone! if u want one, u already have one!

ya. i'm sure iphone is great surfing internet..
and get loading.. loading.. loading.. waiting for web pages to load on EDGE!

can iphone does this?
my Eten x800 phone with VGA screen, 3.5G HSDPA, real push msn/hotmail! and build-in sirf III GPS!

••••••

CPM
Broadband, DSL, cable

join:2001-08-24
Brooklyn, NY

jvanbrecht

join:2007-01-08
Bowie, MD

ATT Tactics....

Really, there are 2 sides to this, the ATT side and Apple side. The Apple side would rather you buy a new version of the device everytime it comes out (ala ipod business model) ensuring a steady stream of sales and revenue heading apples way.

ATT's side does not care how many devices you purchase, as long as your locked into a fat contract, and providing a steady stream of revenue in the long term.

I suspect ATT's strategy here is to set currently undecided customers to potentially wait before switching or resubscribing to alternate non ATT services in the hopes that if they see a newer upgraded iphone on the horizon, they will switch to ATT...

•••

DotMac4
Shill H8r
Premium
join:2007-10-26
Huntington Beach, CA

I wasn't aware anyone was forced to buy an iPhone

Wow, with all the complaining about iPhones you would think that everyone was being forced to buy one.

Complaining about the feature set on an iPhone is akin to liking or needing a pickup truck then ripping on or bitching about sedan buyers. It's iTarded.

The iPhone isn't perfect but it's hardly a POS either. There are plenty of issues with EVERY phone out there including my beyond horrid Treo with Windows Mobile that a few of my friends swear by.

Apple is just becoming a fad to hate and no matter what they do I suspect there will be religious fanatics of both Mac and Pee Cee ilk that will turn every press release into a giant pissing contest. There will be those mac jihadists that excuse everything Apple does as the Second Coming and the Windiots who will bash Apple no matter what they do or how revolutionary or cool a product might be.

Get a grip people...it's just a friggin' phone; one no one is forcing you to buy.

ichupichu

@dslextreme.com

WHO CARES???

All you guys do is nitpick and tear each other down. Oh boy, lots of fun here! It's just one big pissing contest.

AlexNYC

join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

What secrect ...

Anyone who has ever visited a Mac forum in the last 6 months has known that the new version of the iPhone is comping in a few months ... That's hardly a secret.
satellite68

join:2007-04-11
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

and again I say...iphone >= Britney Spears

Both are plastic.

Both were assembled by god knows who.

Both are vapid pieces of modern technology, where style somehow supercedes all other concerns.

Both sell like hotcakes.

Both are fluffy, meaningless objects of desire by a certain population of this world, and patently ignored by others.

Both get far, far too much attention when compared to more pressing issues of the day.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Re: and again I say...iphone >= Britney Spears

said by satellite68:

Both are plastic.

Both were assembled by god knows who.

Both are vapid pieces of modern technology, where style somehow supercedes all other concerns.

Both sell like hotcakes.

Both are fluffy, meaningless objects of desire by a certain population of this world, and patently ignored by others.

Both get far, far too much attention when compared to more pressing issues of the day.
QFT

comma

@comcast.net

Apple & Google

We know that Google wants the wireless spectrum. We know that the iPhone and iPod touch use Wi-Fi. We know that the Google-Apple partnership is doing well. Do you think they would team up to bid for the spectrum? »fishtrain.com/2007/10/10/googles···et-plan/

givemeabreak

@utexas.edu

Jobs already announced 3G in 2008 himself

In fact, he announced forthcoming 3G at the original iphone introduction. And then announced them coming in 2008 a couple months back.

well ahead of the ATT "slip-up."

I should have become an analyst. Just get paid to talk out of my arse all day.

blah.

cline3621
Mr. Yuk is MEAN Mr. Yuk is GREEN
Premium
join:2006-06-14
Clarksville, TN

Maddox got it right about the Iphone

Just read this webpage to get the answer to all the Iphone hype.

»www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net···u=iphone

crippy
Premium
join:2005-05-17
some place

Re: Maddox got it right about the Iphone

have u even seen the new n95.. that phone's better than the e70 too.. and obviously more better than the iphone.. apple can only make complicated shit, they dont know what user friendly is and they came pretty close to making this user friendly but lets just be honest, they suck at it.. and please dont tell me user friendly is for dumb ppl, everyone likes things to be easier than complicated

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
Miami, FL

Re: Maddox got it right about the Iphone

said by crippy:

have u even seen the new n95.. that phone's better than the e70 too.. and obviously more better than the iphone.. apple can only make complicated shit, they dont know what user friendly is and they came pretty close to making this user friendly but lets just be honest, they suck at it.. and please dont tell me user friendly is for dumb ppl, everyone likes things to be easier than complicated
Really?

»www.engadget.com/2007/09/24/ipho···y-study/
--

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

News out of nothing

I think this is just trying to make news out of nothing. If anything this new CEO has been very up front about a lot of things that the previous was not. It is refreshing and it seems the news people rather spin it in to something underhanded. He was very upfront about the current iPhone coming out itself.
--
**Disclaimer** My views represent only what the voices in my head tell me.
mocycler
Premium
join:2001-01-22

Re: News out of nothing

I agree 100%.

Did this CEO say anything that everyone didn't already know?

Technology is improving all the time. By this time next year, used first-generation iphones will be on eBay for pennies on the dollar. Shoot, they whacked the price of a new one 33% the first few months it was out.

By the way, the computer you are reading this message on will soon be replaced with a better, faster one, if it hasn't already.

What a freakin' non-story!

mocycler
--
Choosing between Clinton or Obama is like choosing which lung you want your cancer in.

1 recommendation

consider

not in an insulting way, just in a fact-is-fact, objective way, you guys are all ignorant of some blatant subtleties. the iphone is revolutionary in so many ways that are not IMMEDIATELY obvious, and very less so on paper. If you for one unclouded moment use an iphone and concentrate not on its faults, but it's effectiveness at doing what it does and at doing what few phones do, you will reach a moment of giddy realization that the iphone is an incredible creature.

to be uniquely deep, the iphone is technology poetry; it takes time with use to appreciate, but it is leagues ahead of it's competition, and has even managed to fall into it's own category of device.

it's actually quite hard to explain, but so simple to experience.

Jer in Denver

@comcast.net

Re: consider

Well, I have to make my own comment. I've played with an iPhone. It's a neat phone, yes. It's not my cup of tea, though, and no matter how much you try to say 'try it, you'll like it', I'm going to still say 'I tried it, it wasn't for me', and if you say 'but try it harder, you didn't give it a chance' and spout off about me not following your instruction to use it in an 'unclouded moment', all I think is that you have an agenda of some kind, and that really turns me off of the product you're trying to sell.

Like others here have argued, I use my PDA as more of a business device. Notice, I didn't call it a phone, I called it a PDA. It's ability to act as a mobile is a feature I consider secondary to the PDA's purpose. The iPhone is a phone first and foremost. When Apple pushes a fully featured Personal Data Assistant with cellular abilities, call me back. Until then, I'll keep using my Hermes. Thanks.
Cowboy86

join:2004-02-06
Franklinville, NJ

Apple's a joke...

Why you may ask? Because a phone that has all the same features as many other phones cost more when mixed with fruit. Apple is nothing but overpriced hardware.

Waddayagonnado

@nmci.navy.mil

Re: Apple's a joke...

I have always felt Apple, at least since the MacIntosh (sp?), was mostly about overpriced hardware. I only criticize them because of my disappointment. I would have liked Apple to be the Great White Hope (whatever that is, really) against the oppression of being more-or-less locked into Microsoft, but alas they turned out to play the same games only with extra restrictions on hardware.

Getting back to the original point of this thread, if one has only basic knowledge of recent wireless carrier offerings, it is clear that a 3G capable version of the iPhone is in the offing just as soon as the fools out there finish spending their cash on this first very weak release. But it seems that the vast majority of consumers don't look past the latest advertisement and hype, so maybe the CEO did "reveal" something market-shattering after all!

attmobilityuser

@mycingular.net

iphone is a joke.

I work for AT&T mobility.
The iPhone is a joke compared to the tilt or curve.
The iPhone is not a business phone.
Most major coporations use microsoft exchange servers for their mail... good luck ever getting your mail pushed correctly to your iPhone. Getting email pushed is pretty much the single most important business phone feature a phone can have... and the iPhone lacks it.
If you are on AT&T go with the tilt or the curve.