dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2008-03-23 11:27:12: Despite the fact that numerous studies have revealed no conclusive evidence that wireless technology is a cause of cancer, fears persist amongst those who believe that the technology is making them sick. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

ureihcim3
Freshly made
join:2007-12-16
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

ureihcim3

!

The world is filled with morons, because these morons would of been complaining since they where children about how the sun is cooking their skin.

I bet that nice tan they got at the beach though did not cause them any harm right? Hope they get skin cancer for their stupidity.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

4 edits

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Re: !

there is Lot's of Radiation out there

Thermal radiation very f**ked on this one
Radio waves
Microwave radiation
(in microwave ovens) uses the same 2.4ghz as wifi and this one

Particle radiation

Gamma radiation

Visible light

X-rays,

Ultraviolet radiation

Beta radiation

Alpha radiation

Neutron radiation

Solar radiation

they better go kill them self's

ureihcim3
Freshly made
join:2007-12-16
Miami, FL

ureihcim3

They should of been dead already according to their ridiculous claims. Let's not forget that when you take an X-ray you just took a nice dose of radiation. What's next? X-ray machines with a environmentally friendly sticker on it?

marigolds
Gainfully employed, finally
MVM
join:2002-05-13
Saint Louis, MO

marigolds

MVM

said by ureihcim3:

Let's not forget that when you take an X-ray you just took a nice dose of radiation. What's next? X-ray machines with a environmentally friendly sticker on it?
We used to use X-rays with little to no precautions. It seemed silly to think that a little X-ray radiation could harm you. For example, shoe stores used to have little x-ray machines so you could see how your feet fit inside your shoes.

Notice that we don't have those any more? Or notice the way we get draped in pounds of poisonous metal just to be protected from excessive x-ray radiation when x-rays are necessary?
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011 to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

there is Lot's of Radiation out there

Microwave radiation (in microwave ovens) uses the same 2.4ghz as wifi and this one

See this is the problem, idiots read this and all they remember is WiFi and Microwave Ovens are the same thing.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
i went to la with my notebook and along the freeway it found 1600 access points

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper

Premium Member

Here's the forum where the anti-Wi-Fi movement is proclaiming their victory:

»www.waccobb.net/forums/s ··· ?t=33493

You can read more there about their beliefs.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

1 edit

Anonymous_ to b10010011

Premium Member

to b10010011
dub post

lrtc6
join:2004-06-05
Toronto

lrtc6 to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
I try to maximize my expose to all forms of radiation. The more radiation the better no?
lrtc6

lrtc6

exposure!

ngfgddss
@comcast.net

ngfgddss to Anonymous_

Anon

to Anonymous_
you also forgot that the sun and other stars produces and propagate radio waves and the entire spectrum of light wave since the beginning of time. These people need to get some education or advoid the sun completely and ware light repellabt clothes so other particles do not affect them

Glaice
Brutal Video Vault
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
North Babylon, NY

Glaice to ureihcim3

Premium Member

to ureihcim3
Gotta love the morons in CA without providing extensive evidence it can cause/risks cancer yet those people use cell phones which use the same 2.4Ghz wavelength.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

said by Glaice:

Gotta love the morons in CA without providing extensive evidence it can cause/risks cancer yet those people use cell phones which use the same 2.4Ghz wavelength.
Yeah, New York is sooooo normal.

caesarv
join:1999-08-02
Santa Rosa, CA

caesarv to ureihcim3

to ureihcim3
I live about 5 miles from Sebastopol. That town is well known for Volvos, granola mentality, and sandals. It's where old hippies go to die. It is almost, but not quite, as bad as Berkeley.

I am embarrassed for all Californians.

»corp.sonic.net/blog/2008 ··· ontract/

The next thing they will ban is dihydromonoxide.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

AT&T, Comcast, Verizon use this to stop muni-Wifi

Hey, now the telcos and cable companies can use groups like this to stop muni-wifi efforts. No complaining about tax dollars - just tell the residents they will all die from wireless.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather

Premium Member

Re: AT&T, Comcast, Verizon use this to stop muni-Wifi

LOL.

They're much more likely to die from high blood pressure caused by horrid incumbent services.

Mactron
el Camino Real
Premium Member
join:2001-12-16
PRK

Mactron

Premium Member

The sky is falling...

Again.

These are the same dumb bunnies (Happy Easter ) that sit around all day with a higher level of RF source plastered against their heads for hours on end, a Cell Phone. And that's OK ? These folks need to just wear a Tinfoil hat and be over it.
bogey7806
join:2004-03-19
Here

bogey7806

amusing

It's often that side of the world that tells me my side of the world is anti-science and prone to believing in myths.
Edward1978
join:2007-07-23
De Soto, IL

Edward1978

Oh god....

I wonder, do any of them live within cell phone range? If so, they are hypocrites cuase that is wireless. What about tv & radio signals same thing.
Gogo1
join:2004-05-27
Brooklyn, NY

Gogo1

Re: Oh god....

I wonder how many of them smoke?

I wonder how many of them ply their fat faces with cheeseburgers and french fries on a regular basis?

I wonder how many of them get an appropriate amount of exercise?

But no, gotta stop the internet access!!

tristansbs
Premium Member
join:2003-09-13
Santa Rosa, CA

tristansbs

Premium Member

Re: Oh god....

Knowing the demographics of the area well, a lot of them smoke, but it's not tobacco.

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog

MVM

what a fool believes

One word: IDIOTS!

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

Ham Radio Operator

Gee, I have held an Amateur Radio License for 20+ years, and have been exposed to more Hi Power RF than most people will be in a lifetime.

Oh wait, BBR has a Ham Radio Forum, I guess a whole bunch of us here are goner's for sure,
maybe a few more of the living dead can chime in here and tell us about their life ending battle with RF induced cancer....

I guess technically if I'm dead from cancer now, maybe I can collect on my own life insurance policy.

It's the same stupid morons that stand there and watch their dinner cooking in their 1200 Watt Microwave Oven that are afraid of the 50 milliwatt(50 thousandths of 1 watt) WiFi.

As for the food cooking in the microwave...

BEEP BEEP BEEP, dinners ready.

Now put out your cigarette and hang up your cell phone, it's time to sit down and eat

a333
A hot cup of integrals please
join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY

a333

Re: Ham Radio Operator

all these retards should simply be relocated to some remote corner of the globe like Antarctica, where they can go f**k themselves

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

said by a333:

all these retards should simply be relocated to some remote corner of the globe like Antarctica
NOOOOOOO, they can't go to Antarctica, that's where the hole in the Ozone Layer is.

a333
A hot cup of integrals please
join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY

a333

LOL, forgot that!!

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
said by K3SGM:

Gee, I have held an Amateur Radio License for 20+ years, and have been exposed to more Hi Power RF than most people will be in a lifetime.

Oh wait, BBR has a Ham Radio Forum, I guess a whole bunch of us here are goner's for sure,
maybe a few more of the living dead can chime in here and tell us about their life ending battle with RF induced cancer....

I guess technically if I'm dead from cancer now, maybe I can collect on my own life insurance policy.

It's the same stupid morons that stand there and watch their dinner cooking in their 1200 Watt Microwave Oven that are afraid of the 50 milliwatt(50 thousandths of 1 watt) WiFi.

As for the food cooking in the microwave...

BEEP BEEP BEEP, dinners ready.

Now put out your cigarette and hang up your cell phone, it's time to sit down and eat
Ever get RF burn before?? I heard it hurts like heck.. but yea if that happens you still live..

I don't know why it seems the people who bring this topic up every other month why does it always seem like it's a women in her mid 40's...

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

Yea, RF burns are not very pleasant, it doesn't just burn the surface of the skin like touching a hot pot on the stove, it's a really deep painful burn.

Only takes once to learn your lesson though....

Nonetheless, that was many years ago, and no Tumors formed, no Cancer has occurred.

And that was from direct contact with an antenna with about 45 watts.

That would be hundreds if not thousands of times the strength that WiFi transmits at.

Probably the people that fear WiFi the most are the same ones that think it's OK to dry off their pet cat in the microwave oven.

Mactron
el Camino Real
Premium Member
PRK

1 edit

1 recommendation

Mactron

Premium Member

said by K3SGM:

Probably the people that fear WiFi the most are the same ones that think it's OK to dry off their pet cat in the microwave oven.
Same folks.

Here kitty, kitty...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
said by K3SGM:

Yea, RF burns are not very pleasant, it doesn't just burn the surface of the skin like touching a hot pot on the stove, it's a really deep painful burn.

Only takes once to learn your lesson though....

Nonetheless, that was many years ago, and no Tumors formed, no Cancer has occurred.

And that was from direct contact with an antenna with about 45 watts.

That would be hundreds if not thousands of times the strength that WiFi transmits at.

are you kidding me... drying off a pet in a oven..

Mactron
el Camino Real
Premium Member
PRK

Mactron

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

are you kidding me... drying off a pet in a oven..
Yup, real deal... According to the "Press"...

marigolds
Gainfully employed, finally
MVM
join:2002-05-13
Saint Louis, MO

marigolds to K3SGM

MVM

to K3SGM
said by K3SGM:

Have you read the Milham study yet? Statistically significant higher rates of leukemia, lymphoma, and prostate cancer among ham radio operators (in California and Washington, but I suspect it could apply to other states too).

INT0CABLE
BANNED
Premium Member
join:2007-10-22
Bronx, NY

INT0CABLE

Premium Member

good riddance

cancerous cells = wifi and people wonder where all these cancers come from.

•••••••

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

What else...

Would you expect from California.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

4 edits

Smith6612

MVM

How Amusing...

Tell those parents/people that keep pushing their kids outside that they are complete morons for believing that Wi-Fi causes radiation/cancer. Every single electronic out there pretty much gives off some form of radiation. Computer monitors, Microwaves, Cell Phones, Cordless phones, Routers, Radio Stations, Sun, TV stations, satellites, TVs, smoke alarms (have radioactive materials in them, but that's a bit different story), etc. I've had a router for 3 years along with DSL and I don't see myself getting sick. Back before I got high speed internet here I used to get sick once a month because I was outside (facing sun burns as well ). Also, my router sits right next to my gaming computer, which I'm on literally 24/7 and I'm only a foot away from it, and the thing has high gain antennas with 3 radios in it. BS!

Also, you wanna know what really causes cancer? Natural deformities in cells AND cheapo sun screen.

•••

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

chrisretusn

Premium Member

Silly People

One of the opponents citing bioinitiative.org says
quote:
We are urged us to switch from regular incandescent light bulbs to compact fluorescent (CFL) light bulbs, to save energy. However, there is a very good reason NOT to use CFL bulbs. They create electromagnetic frequencies proven to be extremely detrimental to human health.

RZPogi
@pldt.net

RZPogi

Anon

Bunch of chickens

those lousy people believing that wifi can cause cancer....HA!
Their mobile phones usually at their hands. Watching their tv. everyday using the pc.
There has been this hokus pokus for many years.
The power lines, tv, and pc. now wifi?!
Take note cancer patients are exposed to more radiation than those who dont have because they need it.

Take look on astronauts. their suits cannot fully protect them from radiation from space and they're out there. There is only rare cases of cancer among them.

THose guys just want attention.
those guys can't think anything right. all they have is fear. fear of this and fear of that. what's next? fear of remote controls.

Jameson
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
united state

Jameson

Premium Member

-_-

Do they not realize that no matter what they do radio waves will always be there. They better not ever go out in public where radio waves from cell phones may give them cancer, or use a cordless phone! Seriously..wake the hell up.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

Ends Justify The Means

I completely disagree with the reasoning used by these concerned citizens but I am glad it was an effective means by which a massive waste of taxpayer dollars was averted.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper

Premium Member

Re: Ends Justify The Means

said by pnh102:

I completely disagree with the reasoning used by these concerned citizens but I am glad it was an effective means by which a massive waste of taxpayer dollars was averted.
It's not city funded - Sonic.net was providing all of the equipment as part of our Wi-Fi mesh project. Details here: »www.sonic.net/wifi/

-Dane
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

1 edit

Mr Matt

The new generation of Luddites are on the move.

A new generation of Luddites are on the move. Obviously the nit whits that are stopping progress are not the brightest bulbs in the string. They have not checked the statistics regarding medical mistakes. It is estimated that medical mistakes kill more than 100,000 people per year. I guess the first thing the Luddites should work on is closing all of the hospitals. The Luddites in this area prevented Sprint from constructing a new tower near my residence. It was to be constructed in the middle of a pasture. I guess they were afraid that the cows would begin producing steamed milk. As a result I had to drop a good bundled plan with Sprint because there was no signal from a Sprint tower in my area and move to Verizon where there is a separate charge for everything.

Rady Ation
@spcsdns.net

Rady Ation

Anon

Cordless Phones

There's been much discussion over the years regarding radiation from cell phones and now wifi, but never anything regarding the cordless phones which are so widely used. If there was merit to this issue I would imagine the cancer rate would have zoomed since cordless phones were introduced, which was long before cell phones became commonplace.
bgraham2
join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY

bgraham2

I think we need to treat this like any public service.

These idiots have pressed their unfounded views around here locally too. It is time to treat cell phone towers and wi fi as necessary services just like water, power and telephone.

Quite correctly, I cannot stop the telephone co, the water co and the electric co from running wire, pipes etc for their services and I cannot prevent them from accessing their poles and cables in my back yard.

This is for the public good and we need to change the laws to keep up with the 21st century.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada

TheMG

Premium Member

Wow... seriously.

And how much of those people do you want to bet live near a cell tower or radio broadcast transmitter?

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium Member
join:2005-01-03

PolarBear03

Premium Member

Wrong Illness

These claims that (insert wireless technology here) cause allergic reactions have nothing to do with physical illness. This is classic attention-seeking behavior. If any of these people that were making these bogus claims were to see a psychologist just one time, the psychologist would tell you that.

The only illness these people have is psychological, maybe psychiatric.

meson
@tm.net.my

meson

Anon

Wifi fear is just another imaginary monster

I must assure the public that there is nothing to worry about EM signals. More accurately, there is nothing that you can do about EM signals.

Radiation comes from everywhere, from the sky (at literally all directions), from the ground, every electronic device and even from the fire in your kitchen. Natural source of radiation is far stronger and prevalent in causing cancer than anything manmade.Even if they are dangerous, you cannot avoid it.

Thus, there is no place on earth, where you can avoid it, so a little more radiation here and there doesn't contribute much. As for those statistics, they don't mean anything because their result are not significant by statistical terms.

I agree that ionizations are more important than power in causing cancer. No common devices however are able emit radiations in those wavelenghts (the smaller the wavelenghts, the easier it is to knock electrons ~ is equivalent to ionization). Not mentioning the amount of doses required.

They might be more rational to be afraid of ghost than they should of common radiation. At least ghost cannot be proven to exist, radiation phobia however is simply stupid due to the abundance of science supporting common items safety levels.
page: 1 · 2 · next