spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2008-09-03 10:15:33: Last week an AT&T insider suggested that the sooner that all iPhone users upgraded to the new 2.0.2 update, the sooner iPhone users would be in connectivity nirvana. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

Not on iPhone, but...

... EDGE is working fine here in Hercules, CA.

Oddly, is is working exceptionally well this morning.
--
Think outside the Fox... Opera

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

Re: Not on iPhone, but...

Full bars here, no connectivity.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

Email - Yahoo, worked fast this morning.
Full bars. where normally I get 2-3.
Page opened within 3 seconds as opposed to 10.

Hope it stays that way!
Sorry y'all are getting crap or no connectivity.
--
Think outside the Fox... Opera

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

Thanks alot dadkins, and to think I gave you a thumbs up in the past.

DoesNotForgive

@comcast.net

Back Up

I couldn't connect this morning, but as of 11:44AM I'm back up in Philadelphia.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

Called AT&T....

The message said there is a large wait time.

Went through the menus, got to the prompt for data and email issues. Spoke with Anthony, I was polite and told him the issue. He looked it up, and I told him about the websites reporting the issues. He looked it up, confirmed it, and asked if he could do the $25 credit to my account. He said he would credit my account $26.50, was nice about it.
--
"A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org
tmoore44

join:2004-08-05
Chicago, IL

No EDGE network here in downtown Chicago

Thanks AT&T. No marketing spin can cover this up! AT&T is weak.

powerspec88
Premium
join:2007-03-11
Independence, MO

its back kinda

I have 3G/EDGE data again here in my home town. But a few people up in the city where i work say they still don't have data yet. So its slowing coming back i think.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

Re: its back kinda

said by powerspec88:

I have 3G/EDGE data again here in my home town. But a few people up in the city where i work say they still don't have data yet. So its slowing coming back i think.
Yep. I started getting emails sent to me about 15 minutes ago. I did the iphone speedtest here at dslreports.com and the latency probes were through the roof!
--
"A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

dcdeadbeat

@covad.net

just fine in downton d.c.

Don't care about the rest of the metro as long as it works downtown. Maybe a reason for all you suburb people to move back into the city?
raccettura0

join:2002-09-28
USA

iphone only?

Strange... I tested earlier... 3G was working when everyone said it was down.

Now my phone is on Edge... still works.

In midtown NYC.

It's not an iPhone btw.

I'm suspicious that this really is iPhone related and the other phone or two is unrelated typical signal issues.

I think everyone is just oversensitive and assuming the entire cell grid is down. Seen several people with cell phones... no issues. No iPhones though. The trend is certainly interesting.
jpochedl

join:2007-02-07
Cleveland, OH

No problems in Cleveland

Haven't had a problem getting a 3G connection on my Blackjack II all morning here in Cleveland, OH...

I'd love to see a Google map of the affected areas... Seems like an odd section (NY, NJ, Wash. DC, St. Louis) ?

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

It was already out @5AM in Brooklyn...

...both on my TyTn and W960 when I got up to change my daughter's diaper. AT&T is piece of crap now, officially, after several weeks of slowdown.
What's interesting is that after I turn off the proxy my net seems to be faster - which tells me this PoS sucker provider called AT&T is THROTTLING me back to be able to cope with the influx of all the iPhone retards.
--
[BQUOTE=[user=bicker]]Waaaa waaaa waaaa. You just want what you want and don't care to factor in what is right or true. Your perspectives are un-American, and deserve far more ridicule than I'm prepared to pile on them.
[/BQUOTE]

Country Boy

@bellsouth.net

AT&T Network

You get what you asked for. AT&T's network sucks, it sucked when it was Cingular, and it sucked when it was Bellsouth Mobility. Go get a Dare on Verizon and experience no dropped calls, ever.....
Icynav

join:2005-10-31
Deer Park, NY

Re: AT&T Network

AT&T is a great service and I have never had a problem with them untill I got the iPhone 3G. Anyway I'm at at Hofstra and have had no service for the past hour and it was finicky this morning. 4guys i'm with have the 3G and the same problem

iPhoneLuVr

@charter.com

What's New With AT&T?

Same old dropped calls and poor 3G service like usual from AT&T. Another day another place. But no outage here in LA!

I'm still waiting for BB Reports to post a news story when AT&T's network stops sucking all over the place.

packetscan
Premium
join:2004-10-19
Bridgeport, CT

Explains everything

This would explain why i didn't get any phone calls this morning then about noon i got 8 voice mails.
--
Reach out and Tap someone!

huntml

join:2002-01-23
Mullica Hill, NJ

2 edits

Two points.

[gripe]
1. As has been stated previously, this outage was not iPhone-specific; it effected all sorts of data devices. It is puzzling to me that it got reported as an iPhone issue. As popular as the iPhone has been for ATTM, it still constitutes a minority of data-capable devices using ATTM's network.

Perhaps the mods can edit the thread title to something a bit more accurate?
[/gripe]

2. important: The outage was not a general outage. http (web browsing) remained available thoroughout, at least on my device, but applications making other sorts of data connections -- mapping apps, my e-mail client, streaming apps, etc. -- were able to connect to the network but not to transmit/receive data. I think that this aspect of the issue has not been publicized or examined enough, as it implies that ATTM may be doing some things with its network that discriminate based on traffic and/or connection type, and I think this bears looking into.

chitown86

@lucent.com

3G issues in Chicago

I've been having 3G connectivity issues in Chicago downtown and out heading west about 10 miles, for the last few days. Called AT&T and they acknowledged the issue for Chicago and for "surrounding states". Western suburbs seem to be fine.

iPhone keeps reverting to 2G/EDGE network in the effected area.