dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2008-11-18 08:25:08: Comcast will be buying a financially strapped municipal cable operation run by Alameda Power & Telecom in the San Francisco Bay Area. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · next
Mordhem
Love it, Hate it.
join:2003-07-10
Baltimore, MD

Mordhem to funchords

to funchords

Re: wow, sweet deal for Comcast

I guess you have a bad area of comcast, when I was in Baltimore my service was top notch now that I am dealing with charter I crying and wishing comcast would buy them out and upgrade this pos system they have liked they did to TCI when they acquired Baltimore
granny42
Premium Member
join:2005-06-06
Portland, OR

granny42

Premium Member

yeah, but what about the PEOPLE

economy...

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa

Mod

City Council Authoriszes sale of AP&T Telcom Business

ALAMEDA, Calif., November 19, 2008 –At its meeting Tuesday night, following a recommendation made by Alameda's Public Utilities Board the previous evening, the City Council authorized the sale of Alameda Power & Telecom's telecommunications business line to Comcast.

The actions, adopted unanimously by both bodies, allow the sale of telecommunications assets to Comcast to proceed. "The sale of the telecommunications system brings certainty and eliminates future financial risk to Alameda Power & Telecom and the City from continued operation of the telecommunications system," said Public Utilities Board President Ann McCormick. "Selling now also enables us to focus on our core electric business."

Full Press Release here:

»www.alamedapt.com/newsro ··· ale.html
prev · 1 · 2 · next