dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2008-11-28 10:01:10: Things are already fairly tense at Sprint, the company last quarter losing 1.3 million customers, witnessing a 12% drop in revenue, and battling a midwest CDMA affiliate named iPCS over WiMax and 3G deployment rights. ..

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

Sigh...

Just let me out of my contract already Sprint!

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

Hesse

Has one fine "Messe" on his hands it would appear.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

Crazy..

You'd have to be crazy to stay with this collapsing company...

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Sad.....

They have been sooo much better than than in the past. At least in NNJ.. Great is more like it.
I was out with family last night and I was the only one with signal in Ramsey. Cousin's Boyfriend had VZ and he was dropping calls to his family. I offered to let him use my phone. I had full bars and service.
Lee

Bean counters

Anon

Bean Counters

I hope many of the Sprint Executive management read these posts. The climate at Sprint has changed in the years I have been here. Previously prior to any merger everything we did was about the customer but since the mergers that has changed. In regards to the majority of groups I have worked in or interface with, management now only cares about tracking the work they do, so they can validate what a good job their fiefdom is doing. If the company really wants to get out of our current situation then maybe some of the dead weight that manages only by widget tracking needs to be cut off in the lay offs. If you want to remove the dead weight stop looking at the people that actually do the work(worker bees) and start looking at upper management who make the ludicrous decisions to manage only by numbers. The last time I checked, a customer is not a number or an inconvenience but the life blood of a company. Sprint has to stop managing by numbers but has to manage by supporting the customer, regardless to how many hoops we have to jump through to fix their issues. The customer is who pays us for network usage. Rule #1 – the customer is always right. Rule #2 – If the customer is wrong, refer to rule #1. Arguing a point with a customer never fixes the problem, it only cements the customer perspective that Sprint does not care about them.

The funny part about the mergers is that the majority of the Nextel folks I have worked with believe the same thing.

S_engineer
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

S_engineer

Premium Member

What goes around....

This company has been chasing customers away for years. Thier cosmetic approaches to change their non-consumer friendly image changed nothing and fooled no one. This is another case of a company being extorted by stock prices and bad management to inflate those numbers at the expense of the consumer....screw them!

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese

Re: Sigh...

I am free and clear on Dec. 6th, 2008. Probably will stay until one of the phones starts to die. Hate not using thing to end of life cycle. Hell still using computer I built in 2000,
greendxr0
join:2004-07-08
Brooklyn, NY

greendxr0

bad but cheap

Sprint has some problems but still the cheapest option for me and my family so we put up with what we get. As long as you're phones don't break or you don't make any changes to your account you shouldn't have too many issue lol
dagg
join:2001-03-25
Galt, CA

dagg

unlike most of the folks posting

in four years i have never had any problems with my sprint service with the sole exception of when i tried to get them to put my VZN BB on their network...
raye
Premium Member
join:2000-08-14
Orange, CA

raye

Premium Member

I am five years with no issues. Occasionally I have had billing snafus but they were rectified after a phone call or two. Best kind of customer service is the one you do not have to call because there are no problems (and by problems I mean with reception). Sprint has the best network by far IMO; sadly they chose to merge with Nextel who has an incompatible network. Should have merged with Alltel, as Alltel uses CDMA. would have had the same amount of customers they have now (possibly more) even though Alltel had about half as many customer as Nextel pre-merger.
scantor
join:2004-08-11
Columbus, OH

scantor to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz

Re: Crazy..

said by gigahurtz:

You'd have to be crazy to stay with this collapsing company...
Umm, why? Why on earth should I care what happens to the company? Until it affects the quality of the network, I couldn't care less.

I just re-upped because they offered me the same rate I'm paying now on a new phone, and they have easily the best coverage and network speed in my area.

On the contrary, I'm loving it. You can all jump ship any time. More bandwidth for me.

Logan 5
What a long strange trip its been
Premium Member
join:2001-05-25
San Francisco, CA

Logan 5

Premium Member

Will this hurt BOOST Mobile subscribers?

Since BOOST is an "Owned by" subsidiary of Sprint, will anything materially affecting them like the clasaction employee lawsuit affect Boost users as well?

I just dropped upwards of $400 on service and hardware for 2 new phones less then 6 months ago and would hate to have to shop around for 2 more phones and a new carrier if something happens...

Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

-P

Sprintemployee

Anon

Sprint

Sprint didn't "lose" a key Exec, they politely asked him to leave because everything he touches doesn't go so well. The only thing that he has worked on the past 3 years that has gone well was the Instinct...

As far as the lawsuit goes I'm not surprised. Last year Sprint moved over to new commission systems and there were a ton of issues.

And contrary to many opinions on the internet, things are light years better than where we were last year at this time. Customer service is respectable once again and only getting better. In fact, in two years if Sprint makes it though this economic "rough patch" right now I guarantee you they will be known as the the wireless carrier with the best customer service. Thats how serious Hesse is about the customer.
anengineer
join:2000-03-25
Reading, PA

anengineer to Cheese

to Cheese

I have/had Sprint.

Called Sprint. Couple years beyond contract
expiration. Asked for free phone. They
said no, have to pay something(but will
give rebate). We said forget it.(they
wouldn't tranfer us to retention, even
after asking for transfer(actually wife
called)).

So, signed up with Verizon on-line, with
the phone and plan I wanted and _no_
out-of-pocket money.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese
They are raising 'administrative fee' to 99 cents effective Jan 2009. This can be described as 'materially adverse change' and can void the contract. I was able to void my contract which would have expired sometime in 2009.

Ported the number too with no ETF.

raggededge891
@bellsouth.net

raggededge891

Anon

All is okay

Don't worry about what happens to Sprint. Verizon will just buy them out if they go bankrupt. All those towers and infrastructure is worth a lot of $$

WeSRT4
join:2000-11-20
Mobile, AL

WeSRT4 to Sprintemployee

to Sprintemployee

Re: Sprint

said by Sprintemployee :

In fact, in two years if Sprint makes it though this economic "rough patch" right now I guarantee you they will be known as the the wireless carrier with the best customer service. Thats how serious Hesse is about the customer.
Sorry, not gonna happen. The culture of the corporation is rotten.
Expand your moderator at work

Matter of time
@comcast.net

Matter of time to Bean counters

Anon

to Bean counters

Re: Bean Counters

Beancouter.. so true. This new ONLINE JOURNAL that we have to use is a friggin joke. Tracking everything from phone calls, time spent checking emails. Dang. I spend at least an hour trying to do a shift hand off, fill out the online journal and still trying to work with the likes of Transport service assurance or whoever calls the switch for tech assist. Being one of the worker bees, it's said that we have gotten to the point where we have to count ever screw, every sheet of paper (don't get me going on that) and not even forwarding our desk phone to our PCS phone because it costs money. I've already told my kids to get ready to give up their cells phones because dad is about to jump ship. All I can say is when I go, 19 customers go with me. None of my friends or family will want Sprints service after dumping on the blood that keeps the networks up and running.

creativedog
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA

creativedog to dagg

Premium Member

to dagg

Re: unlike most of the folks posting

said by dagg:

in four years i have never had any problems with my sprint service with the sole exception of when i tried to get them to put my VZN BB on their network...
Surely, you are kidding. Bring over your VZN device to the Sprint network? Step away from the pipe.

SolarPup
Office365 Rockstar
Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Windsor, CO

SolarPup

Premium Member

Sayonara....

Comcast just ditched them as well for their provider for employees and techs nationwide and switched to Verizon.. so they're going to be gone in a hurry no doubt..
RL1138
join:2008-11-14
Wallingford, CT

1 edit

RL1138

Just....wow

Wow, they have milked millions out of customers with billings errors, now it's an issue with employees also. This is just another sad story for Sprint who at one time was a great wireless provider. I am still on board with my old SERO plan but part of me wonders how much longer this company will be around. I get very good service and have escaped the billing issues and customer service nightmares some have went through, but things seem to falling apart up top. How many more of these disasters can they take? And the loss of subscribers never seems to end.

If they asked him to leave them maybe this is all just cleaning house and not the top collapsing. Actually there may be a lot more cleaning house to do before all is said and done.

I do hope the sprint employees who discussed improvements on here are correct. Sprint needs some good news.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88

said by Anonymous88:

They are raising 'administrative fee' to 99 cents effective Jan 2009. This can be described as 'materially adverse change' and can void the contract. I was able to void my contract which would have expired sometime in 2009.

Ported the number too with no ETF.

Really? Because I thought in the last round of "materially adverse changes" they closed all future loopholes.

Anyways my contract is up 12/21 (2 lines) and 1/10 (1 line)

Sprint Gr8
@charter.com

Sprint Gr8

Anon

Is it a right time to Invest in Sprint Stocks

What do you guys think?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to gigahurtz

Premium Member

to gigahurtz

Re: Crazy..

I have no choice, as they offer the plan I want for the price I want. I have the BlackBerry Simply Everything for $99/month (ends up being $130/month after taxes and insurances). AT&T or Verizon can't even touch it.

I'm on Nextel though, not Sprint. Just another iDEN person trying to hang on.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to joako

Premium Member

to joako

Yes. Amount due shows $0.00, no problems at all.

lanman0337
@rr.com

lanman0337

Anon

Sprint

Humm was a customer since 1995, Had a great plan, had the wirless broadband. Every time I bought a new phone at full price, always had billing errors, always had bad customer service. I had automatic bill pay out of my accout for my services. Well I paied my bill since it hasnt changed since i changed my contract to 4000 minutes, night and weekends free and unlimited 3g on my NIC card. Well last year, I had a billing issue, humm sprintr changed my plan, without my knowladge, bill swelled up to over 300 a month. after 11 months my bill got so high, cause i was automatically paying out of my account every month the same amount, the final bill ended up being 3800 and some change, shut off my phone. I called them basically was told I owe them money and I had no choice but to pay. I faxed copies of my contract that I had. No avail. So i cancelled it wrote Artribuation, sprint hit my credit after I am disputiong the bill, and now they have reactiviated my phone for billing purposes only. Some how the bill is over 6800 now and climbing. This is the worst company to do business with. Run away. THis is how they treat loyal customers.

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude

Where are the euro carriers ?

Why doesnt 02, Orange, telefonica, 3 , canadian- fido, Telus or Rogers, Just buy Sprint and get it over width ? Sprint would just be turned into another LTE carrier, and wimax could be an niche phaseout product.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to SolarPup

Premium Member

to SolarPup

Re: Sayonara....

said by SolarPup:

Comcast just ditched them as well for their provider for employees and techs nationwide and switched to Verizon.. so they're going to be gone in a hurry no doubt..
No, that's not true.

Comcast in MN uses Sprint. Comcast in other markets moved from Nextel to Sprint. Some Comcast systems use Verizon. Some systems still use Nextel.

What caused the change of service providers was they moved to the new Symbol based dispatching hand-helds and require HSD to work and Nextel didn't cut the muster. As systems on the CSG system convert, they are moving off of Nextel to one of the other providers as their carrier.