share rss forum feed

johnny_t
Premium
join:2004-03-21
Palo Alto, CA

How do you make a FAQ visible?

Hello I wanted to know
how can I make my FAQ's visible »Dolby Labs »All XBOX Stuff
In my profile so that it says Editor of these FAQs:???
Does my FAQ have to have an X amount of ??? In order for it to be visible?
Is it an automatic thing? Or is that something I have to change on my end?
Thanks Monce
--
»Dolby Labs

draven
Ex-Mod 2004-10
join:2002-02-20
my bunker

4 edits

You have to shower FAQ Supreme Leader KeysCapt See Profile with money and gifts; then and only then will he consider your request.

Generally speaking, just coordinate with your fellow FAQ editors that you're ready for public consumption, and once you're ready to go, the aforementioned fellow can make it so.

Edit: Since you have no fellow FAQ editors, you can probably consider this thread your request for making them public.
--
"A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about." - Anonymous

johnny_t
Premium
Palo Alto, CA

1 edit

So there is no AUTO thing I can do?
How do I make a request for my FAQ to go public?

»Dolby Labs

draven
Ex-Mod 2004-10
my bunker

3 edits

»FAQ Owners' FAQ »How do I get my new FAQ public?

Edit: Check your FAQ's now. Should be good. They look good too. Great job.

johnny_t
Premium
Palo Alto, CA

I checked my FAQ's they dont need any work or do they?
They look good to me & every one I asked
--
»Dolby Labs

draven
Ex-Mod 2004-10
my bunker

Nope, they cover a good deal for one person's worth of work. However, as with any good FAQ editor, do you best to keep them up-to-date and solicit help if you think it will be better to have some.
--
"A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about." - Anonymous

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-10
Baldwin, NY
kudos:5
reply to draven

said by draven:
You have to shower FAQ Supreme Leader KeysCapt See Profile with money and gifts; then and only then will he consider your request.

You can also flag down fatness See Profile to approve the FAQ.

RoadRunner
--
~Experience High-Speed Broadband Like Never Before with Optimum Online [10Mbps/1Mbps] & Road Runner Cable - [3.0Mbps/384kbps]~

johnny_t
Premium
Palo Alto, CA

1 edit

My FAQ's are public already did you guys know that?
If you go to this page »/faqnew you can scroll down & see them I just want to know how can I get my FAQ's into my profile Thanks
--
»Dolby Labs

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY

Yes I already know your FAQ is public - I actually posted to let others know(including yourself) that fatness See Profile also can approve FAQs.
----
Every once in a while - the mods will go through the profiles to do a update, it's no longer automatic like a few months ago.
--
~Experience High-Speed Broadband Like Never Before with Optimum Online [10Mbps/1Mbps] & Road Runner Cable - [3.0Mbps/384kbps]~

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6

said by drake:
Every once in a while - the mods will go through the profiles to do a update, it's no longer automatic like a few months ago.

What does this mean?
--
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY

said by MSeng:
What does this mean?

According to KeysCapt See Profile, the staff will manually update user's profiles with their perspective FAQ ownership - the system used to do it automatically.
--

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV
kudos:1

1 recommendation

said by drake:

According to KeysCapt See Profile, the staff will manually update user's profiles with their perspective FAQ ownership - the system used to do it automatically.

No, not exactly.
There are only two people who can do that, and it must be done manually. It's been that way since the FAQs were first added to the user's profile. It was never automatic AFAIK.

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40

You're right... the only time I saw it happen on a massive scale is when that feature was first introduced.

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY
reply to KeysCapt

said by KeysCapt:
No, not exactly.
There are only two people who can do that, and it must be done manually. It's been that way since the FAQs were first added to the user's profile. It was never automatic AFAIK.

Thanks for the info - Damn rumors
--
[OOL/CVC 9.4Mbps/985kbps CABLE $29.95 & TWC/Road Runner CABLE 3.03Mbps/369kbps Coax $44.95]::: Surf on Coaxial Cable! :::