spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Rock Guitar
join:2001-01-17
Columbus, OH

Rock Guitar

Speed Isn't Everything

Intel has learned that increased chip speed doesn't mean alot anymore and that other features give more value to the product. i.e. less heat, more cache, dual core, etc.

What else is RR offering? Isn't 3Mbps enough for web surfing? Are they wanting to sell movies-on-demand over the internet and they need us to pay for higher speeds first? I don't get it.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Re: Speed Isn't Everything

Actually RR is a partner of that MovieLink service. But the movies download in like 4seconds and other than that they offer their music and audio book things thats sit. But they play fine now with the current speeds. But i'll prolly get the speed. I'd even take FTTH if they offered it The more speed the better well in some. Just depends on what i'm doing.

m7dt428
join:2004-02-16
West Chester, OH

m7dt428

well im here and i know what is happening.Cincinnati Bell in charge of Zoomtown recently said it was upgrading its service from 768/(i forgot the upload) to 3 MBPs/768 for FREE.40$ a month.I dont really seeing roadrunner gaingin money.The previous speed 768/(forgot upload) will be 25$ now forgoet which provider is doingg that.Really 3MBPs is fine for me.When i get around to running a server id like 6 MB/1MB, and thats what it should be, but really people only leech off others so most dont care about the upload speed.going from 3MBPs to 6MBPS wouldnt do much unless the other cokmputers had a speed capable.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

we get that almost now with RR. just the download is 384K.