Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:44

Forum Guidelines

Fairly simple:

This forum is dedicated to the resolution of both PC gaming hardware and software technical issues.

If you would simply like to discuss PC Games, please post in the PC Games forum.

If you wish to write a review for a title, please use our Game Review forum.

Rules are as follows:

No trolling. No personal attacks. No direct links to Pirated titles, and no "where do I find pirated title" threads.

We do not support requests for technical support for pre-release titles (warez). Nor do we support discussion about leaked warez betas, or where to get leaked Alphas or Betas. All discussion of such titles will be locked.

Thank you.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
I've recently been noticing some users flaming, correcting, and generally being trolls in some threads they apparently do not like. If you have a problem or don't like the topic then DO NOT post to it! It's easy, especially for some of you senior site members.

This forum is for Gaming related technical issues. Please don't take someone else's post Off Topic. If you are unsure then please look over FAQ 648:

•No user of the site has any right to post anything they feel like posting. If a user posts, they have to live with any editing or deletion or other moderator action without public complaint. Private complaints can be addressed to us via the contacts page.

•Any poster who flames others is not posting according to the rules. Similarly, any poster who "trolls" is by definition trying to induce flames by others and is guilty of flaming by proxy. Neither is allowed here.

•Do not take it upon yourself to point out where other members do not follow guidelines, spells bad, has improper grammar because that leads to more off topic posts and even arguments. Use the "Hey Mod" link.

•Posting off-topic, or against the letter or spirit of the forum description, is not posting according to the rules. This means DO NOT take someone else's thread Off Topic! Use the "Hey Mod" link.

If you don't like what you see then either click on the "Hey Mod" link or just don't post. Thanks.
--
Clans - Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to Karl Bode

NO-CD Policy

Discussion of NO-CD Patches are welcomed and can be only be discussed in this forum if you own the game. It is a well known fact that many gamers tend to own more than one game. Many of these games tend to need the CD in the CD drive while playing, even after installing all of game content on to your hard-drive. I want to protect my investment as much as the game company wants to protect theirs.
said by Ryokincaid:
I own the game. I installed it, installed the NO-CD crack and put the game cd in a cd-binder where it will only see the light of day when I need to re-install. The less a cd is out of it's case, the less likely it is to get scratched.

•It saves wear and tear on the CD-drive. I have a DVD drive and a CD-RW. I don't want to replace either any time soon.
Posting for help regarding a Warez version of any game is against the site rules and is not welcomed here, whatsoever! However, if you feel that a Topic or Post is illegal and not allowed, then please...
said by »Site FAQ »What are the Rules on Posting?
Do not take it upon yourself to point out where other members do not follow guidelines, because that leads to more off topic posts and even arguments. Use the "Hey Mod" button.
--
Clans - Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -