Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JrC384k

join:2000-09-24
Chicago, IL
reply to Bill_MI

Re: INFO: Port Triggering - What is it?

Can both be used simultaneously? (Triggering and Forwarding) would be another good question to answer. Some people may need both.
--
No hablo espanol. Puedo quiza. No se. - Este programa ha realizado una operacion ilegal y sera terminado.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

said by JrC384k:
Can both be used simultaneously? (Triggering and Forwarding) would be another good question to answer. Some people may need both.

Good question! I looked at my original post and thought it was getting a bit long for everything I found.

I only tested with SPI OFF since I need regular forwarding to get mail. The first thing I did was insure my mail wasn't down - a lesson I learned trying SPI for the first time and taking my mail off line for 8 hours since I didn't know SPI killed forwarding .

In this condition I set up triggering to also forward SMTP to see if it would override - IT DOES NOT - nor does it affect the regular forwarding which continued to work.

I think it's proper Forwarding cannot be overridden by Triggering... but that does limit a few fancy functions.