spc
Search similar:

uniqs
will11209
join:2000-09-03
Brooklyn, NY

will11209

high pings, jumping pings

i dont understand this and the people at acedsl are not helping. my pings used to be in the range of 40-80 when i look for servers playing counterstrike with gamespy. now my pings are up to 200+!! why am i paying 50 dollars a month when i get pings that i used to get with a 56k modem? im using the 640/80 ADSL.

everything was fine until this week. ACEDSL is not answering my emails. the last time i called customer support they suggested that i go with another DSL provider. very rude. i guess they dont care about their customers too much.

i live ~6000 ft away from my central office. i get a wide variation in ping when i test my connection using the online tweak tester here.

i used to get a score of 57 using Doctorping. now my score is 147.

very frustrated. does anyone know a better ISP in the
718-833xxxx area?

thanks.
willchuck@hotmail.com
System

Anon

You need to have your circuit "de-provisioned" and the "re-provisioned", as your circuit has be slopply routed. Demand this procedure, it only takes a few min. and will solve your problem.
Scott
will11209
join:2000-09-03
Brooklyn, NY

will11209

can you explain the procedue? who do i ask. what will they do?
System

to will11209

Anon

to will11209
You need to contact your ISP and request that your circuit be "re-provisioned". They must contact Covad, (or whoever is providing your DSL circuit) and request a "re-provision". I had it done twice, and in both cases my ping to the first hop went from 250ms to 30ms. This is where a good ISP really counts, because if they suck, your kinda left high and dry. A re-provision, basically is where they disconnect your circuit and then re-connect it like it was the first time. This is done to allow it to be routed optimally. As it stands now your circuit has sub-optimal routing (most likely alot of hops). Its a common procedure, and it only takes a short time. Getting them to do it in the first place is where the challange is. Last time I told my ISP that I was going to report my situation on DSL Reports "nightmare" page, needless to say it was fixed later that day. Just get aggressive.
Good luck
Scott