Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

amenite to Irish Shark

Premium Member

to Irish Shark

Re: I think it's time for me to go.....

said by Irish Shark:
I had no problem with CV/OOL. The lady on the phone said that I should return the MODEM to a walk-in center. I just told her to look at her screen and it should show that I own the MODEM. "Oh, you're right." End of conversation.

That was also a SB4200 that I got when I traded in my SB3100 (that I owned).

And then there's my experience where it took 3 months at least 4 phone calls to get an accurate final statement that did not include a $60 charge for the modem I own. (I still own it because it's apparently not worth anywhere near $60 on the open market, let alone the $129 I paid for it 3 years ago)

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

So, I would just "walk away from it". If they don't have a CC to bill to, let them come get you and prove it.

If they have a CC, just dispute it.

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

1 recommendation

amenite

Premium Member

said by Irish Shark:
So, I would just "walk away from it". If they don't have a CC to bill to, let them come get you and prove it.

If they have a CC, just dispute it.

I see, so that way a few years down the road when the whole thing is stale I can find a smear in my credit report that causes me problems or costs me even more money? I don't think so. I'll get it straight up front, hold them to a reasonable standard in their business practices, obtain and keep receipts, and take names. Too bad it had to end that way, but sometimes it's hard to know what you're dealing with until you're dealing with it.