spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AJAH
join:2003-11-12
Manchester, CT

AJAH

I'm moving -- DSL question #2

A job offer came out of the blue a few weeks ago -- literally an offer I couldn't refuse -- so it looks like I'm moving. My new job will be based in Parkersburg, WV, but I have no idea yet where I'm going to live; could be either on the Ohio or WV side of the the river. I have a couple of DSL questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

Here's queston #2:

Since I have no idea where I'm going to live till I get out there -- not even which state -- is there a way to find out where DSL is offered? DSL availability won't be my only criteria for selecting a new home, or even the main one, but it could be a deciding factor between two otherwise equal choices.

Usually, to find if there's service, you go a Web site and put in your phone number and/or street address. Obviously, till I get out there and find someplace to live, I can't do that. Any way to find out DSL coverage areas in advance?

Thanks again.

A.J.

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
Nokia BGW320-505

odog

Premium Member

looks like both are available

charter thinks cable is available, but without your address can't guarantee it. the area is in the midst of a rebuild so these services are supposedly being rolled out where they aren't already "on".

i used some banks address and got this » ··· QnhmrLTz

so the CO live, and serves 6 exchanges. it's a verizon CO so you may want to ping them with the addresses when checking for broadband availability.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

Maxo to AJAH

Premium Member

to AJAH

Re: I'm moving -- DSL question #2

I would use »/coinfo to at least have a feel for lit COs. No way to get RT info unfortunately.