spc
uniqs

unreged
join:2000-09-06
Sandy, UT

unreged to jman642

to jman642

Re: Directions on Telneting to your SpeedStream 5260

Did you discover telneting in yourself? I've used google to search for the 5260 and can't find anything interesting...

I've set the modem to full duplex:

Command-> show ethcfg

--- Ethernet Configuration
Ethernet Mode - Full

But the fd light on my switch doesn't light, I've also tried pluggin directly into a nic, rebooting, etc... so does the fd light up for anyone? Switching from half to full, I have to reboot the modem to reconnect, but going from full to half, I don't have to.

I've changed the ip to 192.168.x.x with no problems.

FTP'd down my config.. that was cool for some reason..

I've played around changing stuff in the vc, without blowing anything up or anyhting happening..

I was originally looking for info on interleaving since I'm with Cavad, but this is all I've found:..

Line Type - Fast or Interleaved

jman642
join:2000-01-25
Jenison, MI

jman642

said by unreged:
Did you discover telneting in yourself? I've used google to search for the 5260 and can't find anything interesting...

I knew about telneting before I got the 5260 and knew that some sort of communication must be possible, even thought the booklet said that there was 'no user configurable parameters'.

I got my info from posts here at dslreports.com and usenet (deja.com searches). Essentially all of the info was spread across many posts and I just put it together in an easily readable format

[text was edited by author 2000-10-17 12:20:46]